• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2/20: ISU @ WSU

IHateBengals

Weber will clinch at least a share of the conference championship and will be hosting with a win over the Bengals this Saturday. I expect this to be a great game, as all ISU/WSU games are. How many of you Bengal fans will be making the drive south to the Dee this weekend? We'd love to grab some pizza from the Pie with you guys after.

IHateBengals said:
Weber will clinch at least a share of the conference championship and will be hosting with a win over the Bengals this Saturday. I expect this to be a great game, as all ISU/WSU games are. How many of you Bengal fans will be making the drive south to the Dee this weekend? We'd love to grab some pizza from the Pie with you guys after.
ya im sure the Bengals will be excited to respond back to you with that user name you have. Wankor!

I for one will miss amorrow morgan after he graduates. he is a quality guy and one of the best players in our conference for the past 2 seasons. his stats would be even more impressive than they are now minus a few set backs he has had this season and last. i wish him good luck after his big sky career is over. any wsu fan who knows anything about this player would have nothing but good things to say about him.

also i sure hope next year we can finally be done with ISU having a top 10 OOC schedule. Its been about 4 yrs since there have been winnable and home games. Im hoping ISU can see somthing like what UNC had this yr where every game was winnable. its not fair to the players and fans to play such a rough schedule every yr.

3 OOC home games was just sad to see for the fans. we need isu to build its program the right way, i wanna see the new stadium get built. I think when that happens isu will become a power of the big sky with consistency.

weberwildcat said:
IHateBengals said:
ya im sure the Bengals will be excited to respond back to you with that user name you have. Wankor!

Now, now...I don't hate the Bengal FANS...just the Bengals themselves. I would love nothing more than to enjoy some cheese pull-aparts with some other passionate Big Sky basketball fans.

F#*k Weber! You lose brain cells just walking on that campus. The “students” don’t even want to be there. I’m sure if they had their choice they would be at the U of U, USU, BYU or even UVU (you know the schools that have the nerve to require more than a 0.75 GPA to get in). Seriously, go to a game at the purple poop. Amongst all of the empty seats you will find the majority of fans wearing BYU or Utah hats. This is probably because Weber gives away more tickets than anyone else in the Big Sky.

1981 said:
F#*k Weber! You lose brain cells just walking on that campus. The “students” don’t even want to be there. I’m sure if they had their choice they would be at the U of U, USU, BYU or even UVU (you know the schools that have the nerve to require more than a 0.75 GPA to get in). Seriously, go to a game at the purple poop. Amongst all of the empty seats you will find the majority of fans wearing BYU or Utah hats. This is probably because Weber gives away more tickets than anyone else in the Big Sky.

So much for getting things off on the right note. Glad to see one Bengal fan isn't absolutely ashamed of their "senior-laden, experienced" team and crawled out from the potato fields to make a post. Ah, 1981...only 29 years since ISU has done anything relevant. Funny that you say stuff about our attendance. We are averaging about 5,000+ per game...your team can't even get enough people to fill that atrocious looking barn that stores potatoes in the summer. Glad to see that you guys lose just as bad in a high school gym as you do in a football stadium that hasn't housed anything great since 1981 besides Jared Allen. Anyways, come out to Ogden this weekend and see the back-to-back Big Sky Regular Season Champs officially eliminate you from BSC Tourney contention. Maybe Matt Sucki can come back and lead you guys to a semifinal loss like last year :lol: Hell, I even still extend my invitation to get some pizza from The Pie after, it's the least we can do to compensate you poor souls for dealing with yet another failure of a basketball season.

IHateBengals said:
1981 said:

So much for getting things off on the right note. Glad to see one Bengal fan isn't absolutely ashamed of their "senior-laden, experienced" team and crawled out from the potato fields to make a post. Ah, 1981...only 29 years since ISU has done anything relevant. Funny that you say stuff about our attendance. We are averaging about 5,000+ per game...your team can't even get enough people to fill that atrocious looking barn that stores potatoes in the summer. Glad to see that you guys lose just as bad in a high school gym as you do in a football stadium that hasn't housed anything great since 1981 besides Jared Allen. Anyways, come out to Ogden this weekend and see the back-to-back Big Sky Regular Season Champs officially eliminate you from BSC Tourney contention. Maybe Matt Sucki can come back and lead you guys to a semifinal loss like last year :lol: Hell, I even still extend my invitation to get some pizza from The Pie after, it's the least we can do to compensate you poor souls for dealing with yet another failure of a basketball season.
you started this thread...

I started this thread by saying I expected it to be a great game, and that we should all get along and get food after the game. 1981 was the first poster to say anything derogatory towards the opposing school...

And may I point out that Ihatebengals was justified under my code of dealing with mean people:

"Treat others with respect first, but if they get nasty with you for no reason other than they want to be nasty, by all means...hit them back"

Take no crap. Kudos sir.

Ross you've always been a stand up guy. The two times I've met you in Poca, you've been very courteous and hospitable. If anybody deserves to hang out with us after the game and enjoy some great food, it is you my friend. Keep trudging through with your Bengals, man. You've good some good JC kids this year. I hope we see you in Ogden on Saturday, you will have a spot saved in our student section and will receive the best treatment we can offer you.

You’re proud of the fact that you are averaging just over 5,000 fans per game to watch the defending Big Sky champs? Let’s see the Wasatch front has over two-million people and the greater Pocatello/Chubbuck area has a population of around 82,000. I guarantee you that if the Bengals were the defending champs they would average more than 5,000 fans. I bet the Raptors average more than you guys do! Your number is inflated anyway because both Utah State and BYU filled the gym for you. You probably thought they were there to support you because most of the people at your games wear Utah State, BYU, or Utah hats anyway. Very few people actually care about the wildcats. You only get people in the stands when they get free tickets from their work or from their church for family home evening. Face it Weber has done less with more than any other team in the country....at any level.

1981 said:
You’re proud of the fact that you are averaging just over 5,000 fans per game to watch the defending Big Sky champs? Let’s see the Wasatch front has over two-million people and the greater Pocatello/Chubbuck area has a population of around 82,000. I guarantee you that if the Bengals were the defending champs they would average more than 5,000 fans. I bet the Raptors average more than you guys do! Your number is inflated anyway because both Utah State and BYU filled the gym for you. You probably thought they were there to support you because most of the people at your games wear Utah State, BYU, or Utah hats anyway. Very few people actually care about the wildcats. You only get people in the stands when they get free tickets from their work or from their church for family home evening. Face it Weber has done less with more than any other team in the country....at any level.

Who cares if they wear Utah USU or BYU shirts or hats, they are there rooting for the WIldcats, they arent there rooting for UNC or Montana or any other team in the Sky, I'll take any support the Wildcats can get, Iv'e gone to a Utah game and cheered for them vs UNLV and I was wearing a Weber State hat, at least the other teams fans are willing to support the whole state of Utah and not just thier school, Can ISU fans say the same thing about Boise and Idaho fans? Doubt it.

The Raptors last year averaged 3,552 fans a game, so far this year the Wildcats are averaging 5,201, the Bengals are averaging 2,176, so who are the Rapters out drawing? The Wildcats smallest crowd this year is still bigger than ISU's largest.

WSU's smallest- 3,354 vs Little ole Western State
ISU's Largest- 2,923 vs Weber State, (thats all ISU can draw vs their biggest rivals? and im sure those numbers are inflated by the Weber State fans)

WSU's Largest Crowd- 9,272 vs Utah State
WSU's Largest Conf Crowd- 6,011 vs Portland State
WSU's smallest conf crowd- 4,182 vs Montana State (during winter Break)

I dont believe a Bengal fan has the right to make fun of Weber's attendance. You need to get a clue and face reality.

The Bengals dissed themselves this year... I am so freaking pissed about this abortion-of-a-season.. If we don't get immediate, impactful help from the JUCO ranks, we're screwed for the forseeable future.. I, as well as any other truly honest person admire and envy the Weber model.. I'll never give up on the Bengals.. I have too much pride in our honorable school (academics), and in the city of Pocatello, which is an awesome place to live..

According to the latest Vegas Line, Weber is a 14.5 point favorite to beat ISU tonight, and as bad as we're playing that doesn't surprise me at all. Don't look for the game to be another 3-overtime thriller like it was last time we played. I can't figure out why on the Weber board they've all got so much hatred towards ISU when we're so lousy! They should feel sorry for us, not have a great deal of hatred towards the Bengals. We've only won seven games all year and we're not going to make the Big Sky tourney. And I think that O'Brien needs to accept the responsibility for our team playing so poorly. Maybe most of you are all content with having bad teams here at ISU, but I'm not and won't accept it. We can't accept losing here at ISU. O'Brien's got another two years left on his contract and don't look for us to be buying out his contract like we did with Larry Lewis several years ago. Look for us to have two more lousy seasons before trying to find someone else.

boisebengal said:
I can't figure out why on the Weber board they've all got so much hatred towards ISU when we're so lousy! They should feel sorry for us, not have a great deal of hatred towards the Bengals. We've only won seven games all year and we're not going to make the Big Sky tourney.

The fans that take the time to post online are the diehards, and it is easy to post smack from a pc. But those fans are also the same group that after the game will invite you to their favorite post game spot to eat and hang out. That's how rivaries go, but it is definately a better one when you guys are winning more games, just not against us...

Latest posts

Back