• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2 Deeps Arizona State.

I don't doubt that Z man goes after kids that get it done in the classroom.

I just think they need to do a better job keeping kids around. It would be different if the kids that were ineligible and leaving were Lewis recruits, but this just isn't the case.

In my opinion, you can recognize grade problems in the spring. If kids are having problems in class, they should be held out of spring ball. Coaches can check on these things and trust me, they can find out where a kid is at.

I helped out for the football team in the Garth Hall era. For that help, they paid my tuition. I totally sucked in school during my FR year, because I screwed around and did not make it to class. Guess what, Garth Hall came up to me and told me that I had better get my shit straight or I would lose what I had. They knew my attendance and my grades, and they asked me about the classes that I had D's and F's in. I had to go to mandatory study hall with the team and I wasn't even a player.

If these kids cannot get it done in the classroom, give them the boot and give the scholarship to a walk-on that has his shit together. With all the resources that student athletes have to get help with class, not being eligible is RARELY acceptable.

My point is this, with all these kids leaving in the off-season and with eligibility issues, the price may be a heavy one to pay--two to three years down the road.

Don't bet against me on this one.

bengalcub said:
If these kids cannot get it done in the classroom, give them the boot and give the scholarship to a walk-on that has his shit together. With all the resources that student athletes have to get help with class, not being eligible is RARELY acceptable.

Totally agree.

After reading this thread and the ISJ article, it was "deja vu all over again" regarding eligibility issues, and I have to concur with Cub that these "issues" may be detrimental a few years, and immediately during this season.

As a tight of schedule these student-athletes have during year, especially during in-season, and with the academic student support services available in athletics and at ISU's Center for Teaching and Learning, some of these athletes, in my opinion, make a conscious effort to screw up academically. The problem I see with students in general and a handful of athletes who don't take their academics seriously is they don't show up to class and/or don't turn in their work. If these athletes would put forth even 1/2 the effort they give weight room, practice field, film study, and game day, most of these academic issues wouldn't exist.

It's unfortunate to see these kids are having to appeal and/or scramble to address their eligibility status last minute and the domino effect (negative) it is having on the team. It's one headache that seems to happen every year, and probably does in most (if not all) college football programs.

From Caccia Field (RIP Babe), this is John Clayton, BengalDen.com

Latest posts

Back