• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

2016-2019 Football Schedules

http://www.standard.net/Weber-State/2016/07/26/Big-Sky-coaches-weigh-in-on-football-scheduling

"It's important to the conference as a whole to have as many Big Sky games as possible. We're definitely listening to our coaches and administrators." per Commissioner Andrea Williams ..."The sooner we can get them an answer, the better off we're all going to be." (regarding managing some football schedules planned out to 2020/21) ...

Se article, July 26th, in case you missed it.

Like I said before.

I am all for adding a 9th conference game but I don't want to see Weber have consecutive years of 5 road and 4 home while the Montana's of the conference get consecutive seasons of 5 home and 4 road.

It has to be alternating every year for EVERY team.

Cal Poly will be an OOC series in the 2018 and 2019 years according to the latest Ask the AD

Also Bovee said we have a football game coming up against Nevada the same year we play the Aztecs. so in 2019 Weber will play two FBS OOC games.

Also said that we have a football game lined up with Wyoming again, but did not specify the year. Apparently it's hinged on a OOC 2 for 1 with Wyoming in basketball so there's that.

WILDCAT said:
Cal Poly will be an OOC series in the 2018 and 2019 years according to the latest Ask the AD

Also Bovee said we have a football game coming up against Nevada the same year we play the Aztecs. so in 2019 Weber will play two FBS OOC games.

Also said that we have a football game lined up with Wyoming again, but did not specify the year. Apparently it's hinged on a OOC 2 for 1 with Wyoming in basketball so there's that.
The football game at Wyoming is in 2020 http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/mtn-west/wyoming-cowboys.php

So, we know that our OOC schedule for 18' will have @Utah, @Cal Poly, and USD on it. 19' we play @SDSU, @Nevada, and have Cal Poly at our place. Also, starting 18' we might be playing a 9 game conference schedule. So we must be playing a 12 game schedule both in 18' and 19'. Finally, we know we are playing @Wyoming in 20.' I like the work that has been done. One issue, we are still missing a game next year. In 17' we play @Cal, @Sac St. and we have an 8 game conference schedule with only 4 home games. I'm really interested in seeing who the Cats bring in next year. I'm guessing it will be a DII.

talhadfoursteals said:
One issue, we are still missing a game next year. In 17' we play @Cal, @Sac St. and we have an 8 game conference schedule with only 4 home games. I'm really interested in seeing who the Cats bring in next year. I'm guessing it will be a DII.

I'd bet that John L. Smith's Ft Lewis is available & wants to. :lol:

AluminWSU - John L. no longer coaches at Ft. Lewis, he is now at Kentucky State. A guy named Rifilato is now the coach at Ft. Lewis...

OOC Schedules

Sep 9, @ Cal
Sep 16, @ Sac St

Aug 30, @ Utah
Sep 15, S Dakota
?, ? Cal Poly

Aug 31, @ San Diego St
?, @ Nevada
?, ? Cal Poly

Sep 5, @ Wyoming

Sep 2, @ Utah

SWeberCat02 said:
OOC Schedules

Sep 9, @ Cal
Sep 16, @ Sac St

Aug 30, @ Utah
Sep 15, S Dakota
?, ? Cal Poly

Aug 31, @ San Diego St
?, @ Nevada

Sep 5, @ Wyoming

Sep 2, @ Utah

Cal Poly is OOC in 2019 as well as a home and home

SWeberCat02 said:
OOC Schedules

Sep 9, @ Cal
Sep 16, @ Sac St

Aug 30, @ Utah
Sep 15, S Dakota
?, ? Cal Poly

Aug 31, @ San Diego St
?, @ Nevada
?, ? Cal Poly

Sep 5, @ Wyoming

Sep 2, @ Utah

I'm surprised that for our FBS game we don't have Utah State or BYU on the schedule for the next 5 years... SUU gets a game in Provo, why can't we? Last time we played at BYU, Carl Arky said that it was the biggest audience that the Wildcats had EVER played in front of, not to mention, you get on national TV with the BYUtv channel.

I think our football schedules are good but I have a few issues:

1. We should start the year with a DII patsy.
It'd be a good confidence builder, we could add a sixth home game, good warm up for the real opponents coming up. Why not Dixie? seems like a perfect fit to me...

2. Schedule our FBS game the second or third game of the year.
It is very depressing to start each season with a 30 point loss. Casual wildcat fans who don't really know about the lack of parity in college football see the score and assume... "Well I guess we suck again this year." Lets get an easy win out the gate, and then get our paycheck from an FBS team shortly thereafter. Timing is important, especially to the casual fan's perception.

3. There needs to be an overhaul of the conference schedules.
How can you really claim a conference title when you don't play the top teams in the conference some years? I don't know if divisions and a title game would be possible or what, but it drives me crazy that we can crown a champion who hasn't really played the best teams in the conference. Or like a few years ago, didn't we have a three way tie for champion? Co-Champions? Wtf is this soccer or something now? Ties? That's lame. We don't stand for that crap!

It's more likely that the conference will consider football divisions, with an ending championship game, once Idaho joins up. But that also depends on possible changes, such as UND leaving, etc. Plus adding a ninth BSC game meeting to the regular season.

Working out the rust with a beginning DII game sounds OK but must realize that the FBS ers usually schedule their FCS cupcake outing as the 1st game. Great for the $$ to visit any PAC12 team! Might not be so great meeting BYU or even USU as far as payout, & considering "visibility", UGH! an embarrassing loss like WSU just experienced vs. Aggies just further devalues the football program at Weber in instate fan's/media view. Not saying that the Wildcats can & hopefully will be competitive SOMEDAY against the instate FBS bigs, but to some of us fans the present/past contests have been painful to watch!! If it's a DII opener, at least make it an interesting as possible game (unlike what our basketball program does), by scheduling a Dixie St, etc.!! :twocents:

AlumniWSU said:
It's more likely that the conference will consider football divisions, with an ending championship game, once Idaho joins up. But that also depends on possible changes, such as UND leaving, etc. Plus adding a ninth BSC game meeting to the regular season.

Can't have conference championship games in FCS, unless your conference doesn't participate in the playoffs. The conference is talking about going to nine conference games.

SWeberCat02 said:
AlumniWSU said:

Can't have conference championship games in FCS, unless your conference doesn't participate in the playoffs. The conference is talking about going to nine conference games.

The nine game format is the most likely scenario, even if UND were to leave. I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing divisions in football anytime soon. Were is Sioux and his conspiracies?

talhadfoursteals said:
SWeberCat02 said:
AlumniWSU said:

The nine game format is the most likely scenario, even if UND were to leave. I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing divisions in football anytime soon. Were is Sioux and his conspiracies?

OK...then the FCS rule does fuel the annual argument as to a real "BSC Conference Champion", cheapens it, & eliminates an incentive to break into divisions. Initially with the BSC last expansion in football, going to 2 divisions was mentioned & desired if there were even #s (14 - which didn't happen with only UND in).

Gives meaning to the camp that says the Big Sky Conference is too big & does need to breakup eventually, a camp that I'm in now! I'm sure that 'Siouxfan' will back me up!?? :lol:

According to hornetsports.com, Weber and Sacramento State will play an actual conference game (I know weird right?) in 2018 in Ogden.

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/fball/2017-18/releases/201709130fm7a1

Despite both teams being in the Big Sky Conference, Saturday's game will be the fourth consecutive year that the two teams will play a non-conference game. The stretch began at Hornet Stadium in 2014 and continued in Ogden, Utah, the last two years. In 2018, the teams will play a league game at Weber State.

So if this stays true, our 2018 schedule at least so far looks like this

OOC
Aug 30th 2018 - @ Utah
Sept 8th 2018 - @ Cal Poly
Sept 15th 2018 - South Dakota

Conference
TBD - Sacramento State

According to a fan on egriz the Big Sky has finally integrated Idaho into the scheduling and finalized conference schedules till 2019. Can't find anything about Weber state's upcoming schedules, but according to gogriz.com we play at Montana in 2019.

We should be getting our conference schedules within the next few days I'm guessing

Latest posts

Back