• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

2023 Playoffs - 1st Round: Sac State at North Dakota

HeavyistheClown said:
Zero penalties has got to be a record. :clap:

I'm not so sure that that's a record in terms of ALL Hornet games played, but there's a very good chance that it's so for Hornet playoff games. And even if it's not, it's impressive nonetheless.

Kadeezy said:
Where were Ross, Broussard and Nelson? The DB room get hit by the Rona?

Maybe more like all rooms getting hit with injuries because S & C coach having no clue so everyone getting hurt bug? Just a wild guess but…O line, RB room, D Line, LB, WR, DB all got bit by the same “bug”

IMO huge win seeing that DBs used are 2nd and 3rd team, so our depth pretty robust. I think we are hitting stride at right time. Taking that win in ND makes us a dangerous team to play and maybe SD plays a little tight now seeing how we can score on a good team..

We have a slight advantage in that Camp knows their tendencies,. Let’s get some guys back this week !

Super Hornet 2.0 said:
HeavyistheClown said:

I'm not so sure that that's a record in terms of ALL Hornet games played, but there's a very good chance that it's so for Hornet playoff games. And even if it's not, it's impressive nonetheless.

I'm a little slow...please tell me how ZERO penalties could possibly NOT be a record? Less than zero penalties? I need some guidance please....

peegeepee said:
Super Hornet 2.0 said:
HeavyistheClown said:

I'm a little slow...please tell me how ZERO penalties could possibly NOT be a record? Less than zero penalties? I need some guidance please....

I meant a SOLO record, i.e. the first time ever. Of course, it would tie the record. In any event, it IS an impressive achievement.

Refs kept their hands in their pockets for the game unless it was an egregious penalty...and to be honest, I think the game was better for it. There were plenty of penalties that could have been called both ways. However I think it led to things getting a bit out of hand when UND started throwing Hornet helmets around the field without getting flagged and some after the whistle nonsense, but truth be told the Hornets handled it well (kept their composure and didn't retaliate) and I think it fired them up a bit.

SDHornet said:
Refs kept their hands in their pockets for the game unless it was an egregious penalty...and to be honest, I think the game was better for it. There were plenty of penalties that could have been called both ways. However I think it led to things getting a bit out of hand when UND started throwing Hornet helmets around the field without getting flagged and some after the whistle nonsense, but truth be told the Hornets handled it well (kept their composure and didn't retaliate) and I think it fired them up a bit.

The helmet throw non call was wild! Especially after #4’s facemask and unsportsmanlike penalty for yanking off a helmet on the same drive (I think). So odd…

Sac_hornets said:
Hey Sting, any idea on what Broussard injury is? Just curious if he is planning to go into the portal again this year.

I have been looking to see about that. The portal opened after the Davis game…

Nelson’s eligibility is up - some of the others may have been healthy portal entries…

Kadeezy said:
Sac_hornets said:
Hey Sting, any idea on what Broussard injury is? Just curious if he is planning to go into the portal again this year.

Nelson’s eligibility is up - some of the others may have been healthy portal entries…

If that’s the case with any of them, complete BS. What better stage for publicity for yourself and the team than the playoffs. Hope this has no truth to it.

Sac_hornets said:
Kadeezy said:
Sac_hornets said:

If that’s the case with any of them, complete BS. What better stage for publicity for yourself and the team than the playoffs. Hope this has no truth to it.

This happened to MSU’s butthurt QB a couple years back, then the team made a run to the Natty without him, I think.

Kadeezy said:
Sac_hornets said:
Kadeezy said:
Sac_hornets said:

This happened to MSU’s butthurt QB a couple years back, then the team made a run to the Natty without him, I think.

Broussard could start at a number of FBS programs, and probably crack the starting lineup at some P4 programs. He'd probably make some good money too. I hope he stays but I have no problem with him moving on to a better paying gig.

Full Game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvIA7tLjfyY

SDHornet said:
Kadeezy said:
Sac_hornets said:
Kadeezy said:
Sac_hornets said:

Broussard could start at a number of FBS programs, and probably crack the starting lineup at some P4 programs. He'd probably make some good money too. I hope he stays but I have no problem with him moving on to a better paying gig.

Full Game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvIA7tLjfyY

I have no problem with him leaving the team for a better gig after the season is over too, just finish what you started.

Broussard went in the portal last year. If you knew would get a kid for just the regular season only, would you want him? I for sure wouldn’t.

Sac_hornets said:
I have no problem with him leaving the team for a better gig after the season is over too, just finish what you started.

Broussard went in the portal last year. If you knew would get a kid for just the regular season only, would you want him? I for sure wouldn’t.

I'm not saying I like it, it's just the college athletic industry/market right now. Taylor bailed on us mid playoff run last season, why should we expect the players to be any more committed? This isn't just an issue with our program but literally every athletic program in the county. That mentality even caused the demised of the Pac 12. Ultimately I'm all for people getting their bag in legit ways, and as much as I'd prefer to see folks follow through on their commitments, coaches/players bailing for a better gig is something we'll just have to live with.

SDHornet said:
Sac_hornets said:

I'm not saying I like it, it's just the college athletic industry/market right now. Taylor bailed on us mid playoff run last season, why should we expect the players to be any more committed? This isn't just an issue with our program but literally every athletic program in the county. That mentality even caused the demised of the Pac 12. Ultimately I'm all for people getting their bag in legit ways, and as much as I'd prefer to see folks follow through on their commitments, coaches/players bailing for a better gig is something we'll just have to live with.
You really think Troy wouldn’t have continued if we would have beat UIW? May never know the truth. I remember that the UIW coach left as well, he told the team he wasn’t leaving until the season was over.

I didn’t like it when Skattebo left, but at least he finished out the season/ playoffs.

I know it is the industry right now, but you don’t see high school kids quitting before the playoffs after they received their scholarship. It just sets a bad precedent.

Sac_hornets said:
SDHornet said:
Sac_hornets said:

You really think Troy wouldn’t have continued if we would have beat UIW? May never know the truth. I remember that the UIW coach left as well, he told the team he wasn’t leaving until the season was over.

I didn’t like it when Skattebo left, but at least he finished out the season/ playoffs.

I know it is the industry right now, but you don’t see high school kids quitting before the playoffs after they received their scholarship. It just sets a bad precedent.

Of course he would have finished out the season...kinda like when coaches at the FBS level finish out through a bowl game...how much are the really focusing in on their current team and not their new one? I think there was a clear distraction leading into the UIW game last year and IMO it was more than evident that Taylor had one foot out the door before kickoff...and IMO the players knew that.

We see potential NFL draft picks sitting out bowl games for the same reason. At the end of the day it's a business decision. Again I'm not a fan of it but it is what it is.

Have you seen Skatteboo’s NIL opportunities? $5 to get an autograph, $15 for a photo, $50 if you want him to attend a 3hr gathering, it is laughable.

HeavyistheClown said:
Have you seen Skatteboo’s NIL opportunities? $5 to get an autograph, $15 for a photo, $50 if you want him to attend a 3hr gathering, it is laughable.

Yikes. Not saying that’s what’s going on with any of the missing players, but it would not surprise me.

Latest posts

Back