• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

AD letter

beardevil39

I read an interesting "letter to the editor" in Sundays Trib. A scathing report on our AD from a student athlete's parent. I hope Jay read it and learns from it.

That is really crappy of our AD:

Golf team deserves praise, especially from athletic director

Congratulations, Greeley, on your University of Northern Colorado women's golf team and coach Brandon White's success at the NCAA Tournament.

After attending our second Bear-golfer daughter's graduation and watching your women's golf team represent UNC and Greeley at the NCAA Tournament in Erie, we returned home to Minnesota to an answering machine full of congratulations. Athletic directors from other colleges, golf professionals, media ... it was full. Athletic directors from other schools? Really nice, but bitter-sweet because it made us realize that in seven years of having Bear-golfing daughters, not once did we meet UNC's AD.

Not once did he congratulate Ali Nelson for being the first Bear, team or individual, to win a Big Sky Conference Championship. Not once did he congratulate Carleigh Silvers for being the 2012 Big Sky individual champion. Not once did he congratulate your women's golf team for winning the 2012 Big Sky Conference Championship. Not once did he congratulate the three seniors as they passed by him at the athletic breakfast before the graduation ceremony. Does he know that coach Brandon White was named the Big Sky coach of the year? Maybe someone should tell him.

In the meantime, hats off to Ben Portie, assistant coach, Jennifer Henderson, Jack Maughan, Bob Heiny from the athletic department, Mr. and Mrs. Bruce White, the friends, alumni and family from Idaho, Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, Illinois, California and Colorado, Greeley supporters, UNC supporters and The Tribune. You guys get it - UNC women's golf does matter!

Barb and Russ Nelson, Moorhead, Minn.

Yeah, all he did for your daughters is; make sure they had a coach, equipment, tutors, travel budget, student welfare services, athletic training, practice facilities and oh yeah how about help with tuition and books???

I'm torn on this one, I mean yeah he probably should have said something but then again it's women's golf...

We can't win a football game, our basketball team shit the bed, part of me thinks he has other things to worry about if he wants to keep his job.

Blofeld said:
I'm torn on this one, I mean yeah he probably should have said something but then again it's women's golf...

We can't win a football game, our basketball team shit the bed, part of me thinks he has other things to worry about if he wants to keep his job.

Those golfers are still his student athletes under his administration. At my place of work, if you do really good work, you get recognized even if it's not the most important job in the office. How hard is it to shake their hands and say congratulations? To me, it shows a complete lack of respect.

Blofeld said:

Sorry but thats BS !!! You make the time no matter what the sport is or who the individual is !!! :thumbdown:

I didn't mean to piss anyone off what I said was mostly tongue in cheek although we do need to win some damn football games sometime soon. :eek:

That is pretty crappy of the UNC AD to not recognize the women's golf team. As a CU fan, I can tell you that I did e-mail the CU AD a couple of times and he did reply to me. If a Pac-12 AD can reply to a simple fan's e-mail, why can't a Big Sky AD do the same to their student athletes that they oversee?

Latest posts

Back