• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

all still is not lost

Eric hollowell

before anyone starts to look at or think about 2016 consider this. 2 back with 6 left and we have to play 4 of 6 ahead of us. It only takes one match to start a fire. that will come this week, why? this is a trap game for ND. they just came off a big win last week. I've played football and I don't care who you are when you think you got a mark coming up you just don't work as hard. at 1-4 they see for sure see us a mark.

I see a rat traps all over this weeks game.

standby

School

Big Sky

Overall

North Dakota 2-0 4-1
Montana 2-0 3-2
Southern Utah 2-0 3-2
Eastern Washington 1-0 2-2
Portland State 1-1 3-1
Northern Arizona 1-1 3-2
Montana State 1-1 2-2
Cal Poly 1-1 2-3
Weber State 1-1 2-3
Northern Colorado 1-2 3-2
Idaho State 0-2 1-4
Sacramento State 0-2 1-4
UC Davis 0-2 0-5

ND is 4-1 overall and 2-0 in the BSC. It is homecoming for them. Their arena will be sold out. ND is playing well on defense and offense. I guess we have a chance at winning this game but I would not bet on it.

I gotta tell you Eric, I love your attitude! I wish we had Holt Arena full of fans like you. I'm with you, if the Bengals play like I think they're capable of playing we could get a win. I'm not going to bet the house on it - but I believe.....

Go Bengals!

bengalguy said:
I gotta tell you Eric, I love your attitude! I wish we had Holt Arena full of fans like you. I'm with you, if the Bengals play like I think they're capable of playing we could get a win. I'm not going to bet the house on it - but I believe.....

Go Bengals!

thanks bro, this is not just blowing smoke like a wolf they just have to taste blood again ie just win one. then you that skip back in your step. if we can find a way to stop I'll bet the house the rental one anyway.

I watched the whole Portland State/North Dakota game this weekend. Outside of one big play at the beginning of the game, North Dakota dominated this game defensively.

To me North Dakota seems like a better team defensively than the Vikings. On offense, they run the ball quite effectively and the QB can cause some problems with his feet. The running game of North Dakota is far from as dangerous as Cal Poly but North Dakota is very physical at the point of attack.

I don't see ISU being able to run the ball a ton this week. I think that the damage will need to be done through the air. I don't like it when Idaho State goes up against physical run defenses because they become one dimensional.

Idaho State can win this game on the road if the offense can move the ball and finish. I don't see North Dakota scoring 40+ points unless ISU turns the ball over a ton. The Bengals are -13 in turnovers, the worst in the BSC. I hope that improves this weekend.

bengalcub said:
Idaho State can win this game on the road if the offense can move the ball and finish. I don't see North Dakota scoring 40+ points unless ISU turns the ball over a ton. The Bengals are -13 in turnovers, the worst in the BSC. I hope that improves this weekend.

Oh my, I didn't realize that ISU was dead last in the country in turnover margin.

Shoot, its not even close.

Dead last in the entire nation, FBS or FCS.

Last as in 250 out of 250.

Hi,
I just dropped by to discuss some about the upcoming game. I feel your pain, a couple year ago UND was having a horrible season. It was tough to get excited when it looks like the wheels are falling off. That said your team has veterans and that will help your team bounce back. I am afraid it could be this week.

UND does have a very good defense. 2nd rush defense in FCS. We are susceptible to the pass and especially now. We lost one safety during the NDSU game for the year. Now the other starting safety went down on the PSU game. Not sure if he will be back for the ISU game.

Keep your chin it will get better. I just hope not this week.

Very kind of you Nodak. Welcome. Of course we all want it to be this weekend. Our QB finally looked good, almost great against Cal Poly. I watched the ND vs PSU game this weekend, and it looks like your best running back was the freshman. You guys will enjoy him for years to come. Your lack of DB/Safety play of course was not as evident against Portland as they do not throw. But if we can be as acurate at QB as we were against Cal Poly, and I would say you don't have as strong as running game as them, then it will be a good fight that we will finally come out on top of. But admittedly I do not know much about your team. (But did watch every second of this weekends game). Nice win!

Thanks. It was a hard fought win. We lost 4 players to injury.

I think this game will come down to long drive on the ground by our offense or your teams air attack.

Santiago is the freshman RB. He is small about 5'9" and 170 pounds. He is fast and quick. He has surprise everyone. He has moves where players are looking for their jock or he stiff arms to again more yards. I sure he rushes for 100+ yards. If he gets in the open or get a small crease in the line he can score.

Our biggest concern is to keep your offense off the field. That is our best chance to win.

bhumble said:
I think we win two more games and this weekend is not one of them.

As you know, our only win this year was against a poor DIV 2 team in Black Hills State. Their current record is 0 - 5.

What two games do you think we are going to win? You must feel our defense and special teams are improving.

EWU, SAC State, Montana, MSU, or Weber State?

I hate to say it but I think SAC State is our only chance to win in the BSC but I would not bet on it.

Everyone keep being the best fan you can be. We can't change the past. Just the future. Fill the dome. Buy tix. Yell loud. Stand up. No booing. Support OUR team. Then they can't say we didn't do our job. 12th man attitude! Trust this staff.
Cub, keep doing what you do best! Being the best fan you know how since the knothole gang. You bring wisdom and meat to the table....Go Bengals!

I just want to say that this is the time when our entire athletics dept., primarily our football team, really needs our financial support. Most of the time people give to support athletics only when the team is having much success. But when a team is down and out and downtrodden, this is the time when they need our financial support the most. I know that there are some here that have given for quite some time and we all appreciate your support. But there are others here that never have given for anything, and we could really use your help.

up for the challenge said:
bhumble said:

As you know, our only win this year was against a poor DIV 2 team in Black Hills State. Their current record is 0 - 5.

What two games do you think we are going to win? You must feel our defense and special teams are improving.

I hate to say it but I think SAC State is our only chance to win in the BSC but I would not bet on it.

Weber and Sac

bhumble said:
bhumble said:

Weber and Sac

Bro,
That's not going to get it. we need to win all of them!!! once you get the expectations up never ever look to bring them back down. if play all 6 we win all 6 and we can.

Eric hollowell said:
bhumble said:
bhumble said:

Weber and Sac

Bro,
That's not going to get it. we need to win all of them!!! once you get the expectations up never ever look to bring them back down. if play all 6 we win all 6 and we can.

Just being realistic. I would love to see them curb stomp the field on their way to a conf championship but it is not going to happen.

Hi all,

Looking forward to a solid game this weekend.

Our running game has finally waken up these past two week, and I only see it getting better. 3 true freshman RB, but they are playing well. Passing game leaves something to be desired, but we have a young QB who is learning every game.

D is def our strength, with our very impressive front 7. Won't run much on use, but our secondary is young and our starting safeties are both injures. One for the year, the other will be a game time decision this week.

I can see ISU getting some long plays, but I also see UND running effectively and chewing up the clock.

Hope its a good game, but really pulling for my squad to move to 5-1 before we head to Weber. I'll just leave this link here for a little game week fun:

SiouxFan512...I'm all for some pregame chatter, your young freshman running back that did a bulk of the running against Portland looked good. However, making fun of kids...? That's just sad. I'm sorry you have to be that way.

Latest posts

Back