• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

all still is not lost

I have to agree with BHumble about Sac State and Weber being our only chance at winning in the BSC. We are playing 4 FCS ranked teams in ND, EWU, Montana, and MS . I do not see us winning against these teams as we could not compete against Portland State and Cal Poly. So, I guess all still is not lost if we can win against Sac State and Weber State.

BengalBannMan said:
SiouxFan512...I'm all for some pregame chatter, your young freshman running back that did a bulk of the running against Portland looked good. However, making fun of kids...? That's just sad. I'm sorry you have to be that way.

Settle down buddy, a lot of forums do Player Look-A-Like threads. Lets not be oversensitive.

Anyway, I'm definitely a little nervous about our pass defense for this game, but maybe a few of our guys will step up. Key for UND will be getting to the QB and getting their fast.

Siouxfan512 said:
Settle down buddy, a lot of forums do Player Look-A-Like threads. Lets not be oversensitive.

This is true, threads mocking the appearance of players are quite common..... on other boards.

However, that doesn't make them any less mean-spirited, juvenile, and dumb. :thumb:

Ok ok I'm settled down. I'm just one of those fans that care about the kids as well as winning etc. OK soooo... I would be worried about your DB's as well. Madison Mangum will have overy 125 yards recieving in this game. I think that's our strength against your defense. But don't completely count out our running backs. I know your D line is good, but our throwing ability (as long as it continues to improve) will help out the run.
As far as your young running backs, Tyler Kuder will end up causing an injury to one of them, that will open up our ability to win... Not mean spirited or anything, just a premonition I'm having.

BengalBannMan said:
Ok ok I'm settled down. I'm just one of those fans that care about the kids as well as winning etc. OK soooo... I would be worried about your DB's as well. Madison Mangum will have overy 125 yards recieving in this game. I think that's our strength against your defense. But don't completely count out our running backs. I know your D line is good, but our throwing ability (as long as it continues to improve) will help out the run.
As far as your young running backs, Tyler Kuder will end up causing an injury to one of them, that will open up our ability to win... Not mean spirited or anything, just a premonition I'm having.

really?

BengalBannMan said:

I sure hope not, we took enough injuries last week, and I really hope there are no injuries for anyone. I think this is far from a definite win for UND. Good defense against a potent offense. UND has started the season nicely, but we haven't done enough for me to county anything as certain.

Fortunately, if we do lose one running back, we have a few others that can step in. Santiago is definitely THE guy right now, but Iwarri Smith is close behind. I would like to see both of them line up at receiver too, not sure if this will happen or not, but both have dangerous speed when they get in space. Player to watch, #51 on defense Will Ratelle. The guy is a stud, and stops everything.

Should be a fun game, and really hoping there will be a nice crowd there since it is homecoming. I live too far away to attend, but UND has struggled to bring in a good crowd into the Alerus Center in the past few years, since we have been so bad recently; BUT if they can get a good size crowd, it can get really loud in there.

It could also be pointed out that while ISU hasn't had a successful W-L record this year, you guys have played a very difficult schedule. Definitely think this game will be pretty close, unless our secondary really steps up.

I don't think we are in any position to talk trash with other teams. We are 1 and 4 for crying out loud and have the worst defense in the conference and a very mediocre offense. We saw a brief glimpse of how could this team could be last week but it was brief and then we gave the game away. Let's just hope we see that team the played in the 2nd quarter last week and play that way for an entire game.

SiouxFan512
Yes Santiago! That's the guy. Hey was fun to watch against Portland State. (The only game of UND that I have watched this year). He will be fun for years being that he's so young. Good for you guys!
I didn't mean any ill will with anyone getting hurt, just a small something to slow your run down.
We have ALOT of haters over here being negative about our team.... but we're just playing, keeping our heads up. I hope you have a very quality loss on Saturday. Then win the rest of them. :-)

WOW - rooting for someone to get injured .....

tells me all I will ever need to know about you

amazing...just f'ing amazing :ohno: :ohno:

bhumble, Spartan. Everyone. I'm sorry that sounded as negative as it did. I DID NOT MEAN IT THAT WAY. I just meant I kinda had that feeling. I don't know why. My apologies. To everyone.

BengalBannMan said:
bhumble, Spartan. Everyone. I'm sorry that sounded as negative as it did. I DID NOT MEAN IT THAT WAY. I just meant I kinda had that feeling. I don't know why. My apologies. To everyone.

Think I know what you were trying to say. everyone take it down one.

BengalBannMan said:

It's all good :thumb:

BengalBannMan said:

It's all good :thumb:

North Dakota is definitely improved from last season, and much more so from 2013 which was the last time we played the Bengals. ISU seems much improved from then too, despite your slow start this year. Your schedule has been brutal.

Our defense is legit, but the offense is still trying to find its stride and become more balanced. Even though UND is better this season, I can't shake the feeling that they are doing it somewhat with smoke and mirrors. Having said that, I like the match up from my perspective. I haven't seen your team play this year, but based on stats the Bengal defense seems susceptible to the run, and that is exactly what UND wants to do.

Looking forward to the game at any rate.

Plenty of talk about the game here.

Bro,
That's not going to get it. we need to win all of them!!! once you get the expectations up never ever look to bring them back down. if play all 6 we win all 6 and we can.

I'm with you on this one, Eric. After 51 years of being a Bengal Fan, I always go to the game expecting a win or tune in to the radio, expecting to win. Reality with that? Who cares? Predicting a loss is never going to get me an award for being brilliant if indeed it's a loss. I'm always disappointed when the Bengals lose, but I don't like to be disappointed twice by expecting it. It's a game. That's why they play it. Who knows? We need more Yogi Berra's: "It ain't over 'til .......(you finish it)".

I hate it when someone says to me "You always...". It's like they are saying, "You are incapable of changing anything that you do and you are especially incapable of learning anything from your previous experiences." Who wants to live your life with those low expectations being thrown at you all the time? Certainly not me. These players are fully capable of learning from previous mistakes and advancing forward with improved skills and new enthusiasm for the job at hand. They are young players but they are good young players.Let's give them credit for that and back them with all the enthusiasm we can muster.

So Eric, keep bringing your upbeat enthusiasm. I really enjoy your posts. Hey, the Cubs snuffed out the Pirates last night in Pittsburgh 4-0 for their first post season win since 2003. I'd like nothing better than to see the Bengals do the same to UND on their Homecoming. Let's not lose twice by expecting a loss.

Go Bengals!

up for the challenge said:
How is your punting and field goal kicking game ? We do not like to punt as our head coach considers it as a turnover.

Our punter is outstanding, I'd say one of the best in FCS. Our kicker is fairly accurate, not sure how strong his leg is though.

Our punt return game is nothing special. One of our kick returners has looked pretty good. He is our true freshman RB, John Santiago, that has three 100 yard rushing games so far this year I believe.

Latest posts

Back