• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Anonymous source, gotta love em'.

bengalcub

Types of folks (sarcasm) you want on your team. Anonymous source, what a joke. Any bets on who it is?

http://isubengal.com/tingey-confirms-kramer-will-coach-2017/‬

You would think Kramer would like the "Money Games" a little more since he earns a 1% bonus from each of those games.

For an anonymous source they sure had a lot of quotes in the story. One of his quotes really struck me as to the mentality of a Divison 1 football player on scholarship, "I didn’t get pushed harder enough to reach my goal".

If you're an athlete in this situation, nobody but yourself should be pushing you to reach your goals. If you're fighting for a spot, you better hit the gym and do the workouts after hours that will help you rise to the occasion. If you're putting in the work, it's going to translate on the field and in practice. Coaches notice who's doing the bare minimums at workouts and who busting their ass every play regardless of where you're at on the depth chart.

If I'm on the bottom riding the pine, you can be dang sure I would do everything in my power to push myself to the front. Talk to your position coaches and ask them what they need to see more of and what you need to work on. Schedule time to review film on what you're doing. The help is there, the players just need to seek it. This day in age everything is spoon fed it seems or expected, even the drive to make your self the best you can be.

You think you're lost in the shadows here at ISU, you have no idea what it's like at a competitive FBS school. If you expect the coaches to push you to reach your goals, you're just going to be another face on the sideline without a scholarship keeping the water boy company. I understand some of the players being frustrated by Kramer, but ultimate accountability falls on the shoulders of the individual. The easy way out is just pointing the finger. Personal accountability!

NewBengFan said:
You would think Kramer would like the "Money Games" a little more since he earns a 1% bonus from each of those games.

I don't think it's the money that's the issue. It's his players getting possibly hurt before conference play even begins which did happen this year. They aren't "money" games, they are body bag games.

Tacoma5 said:
For an anonymous source they sure had a lot of quotes in the story. One of his quotes really struck me as to the mentality of a Divison 1 football player on scholarship, "I didn’t get pushed harder enough to reach my goal".

If you're an athlete in this situation, nobody but yourself should be pushing you to reach your goals. If you're fighting for a spot, you better hit the gym and do the workouts after hours that will help you rise to the occasion. If you're putting in the work, it's going to translate on the field and in practice. Coaches notice who's doing the bare minimums at workouts and who busting their ass every play regardless of where you're at on the depth chart.

If I'm on the bottom riding the pine, you can be dang sure I would do everything in my power to push myself to the front. Talk to your position coaches and ask them what they need to see more of and what you need to work on. Schedule time to review film on what you're doing. The help is there, the players just need to seek it. This day in age everything is spoon fed it seems or expected, even the drive to make your self the best you can be.

You think you're lost in the shadows here at ISU, you have no idea what it's like at a competitive FBS school. If you expect the coaches to push you to reach your goals, you're just going to be another face on the sideline without a scholarship keeping the water boy company. I understand some of the players being frustrated by Kramer, but ultimate accountability falls on the shoulders of the individual. The easy way out is just pointing the finger. Personable accountability!

I agree with you Tacoma5 on the bad mindset of the quote the anonymous player gave about - " I didn’t get pushed harder enough to reach my goal". I just heard an interview on Espn radio Dan Lebatard show from a guy named Shaquem Griffin of University of Central Florida. He plays linebacker at a DIVISION 1 FBS school and he has ONE HAND. He was asked during the interview did he think if he had two hands he would have been able to be recruited to a bigger FBS school and he said - "my brother and have talked about that and my brother says if I had two hands I probably wouldn't work as hard as I do now with only one hand. But I don't agree with my brother saying that. I just focus on working hard no matter what, at the end of the day that's all I can control is how hard I work, working hard is completely up to me". Oh yeah and he is the DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR for the American Athletic Conference. Do you think this Shaquem Griffin guy ever thought to himself "my head coach isn't pushing me hard enough to reach my goal." Hell no!!

demian said:
Tacoma5 said:

You think you're lost in the shadows here at ISU, you have no idea what it's like at a competitive FBS school. If you expect the coaches to push you to reach your goals, you're just going to be another face on the sideline without a scholarship keeping the water boy company. I understand some of the players being frustrated by Kramer, but ultimate accountability falls on the shoulders of the individual. The easy way out is just pointing the finger. Personable accountability!

I agree with you Tacoma5 on the bad mindset of the quote the anonymous player gave about - " I didn’t get pushed harder enough to reach my goal". I just heard an interview on Espn radio Dan Lebatard show from a guy named Shaquem Griffin of University of Central Florida. He plays linebacker at a DIVISION 1 FBS school and he has ONE HAND. He was asked during the interview did he think if he had two hands he would have been able to be recruited to a bigger FBS school and he said - "my brother and have talked about that and my brother says if I had two hands I probably wouldn't work as hard as I do now with only one hand. But I don't agree with my brother saying that. I just focus on working hard no matter what, at the end of the day that's all I can control is how hard I work, working hard is completely up to me". Oh yeah and he is the DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR for the American Athletic Conference. Do you think this Shaquem Griffin guy ever thought to himself "my head coach isn't pushing me hard enough to reach my goal." Hell no!!

That's an awesome story about Shaquem Griffin.

Tacoma5 said:
demian said:
Tacoma5 said:

That's an awesome story about Shaquem Griffin.

Yeah Tacoma5 it is an inspiring story on young Mr. Griffin. He had his hand amputated when he was 4 years old due to a disability called Amniotic Band syndrome. His pain in his hand was so bad that when he was 4 years old his mom heard some noise in kitchen in middle of night, she went into the kitchen & saw her son with a sharp knife trying to cut his fingers off because the pain in his hand was so severe. That makes my eyes water up just thinking of that poor little kids pain. NO EXCUSES FOR ANY OF US!!!!

According to Athletic Director Jeff Tingey, coaches are graded, in order, on three things – player grades, player off-field performance and conference record.

Winning is third on the list. One and two, achieved. Three, not so much.

The scholarship players are doing well in the classroom and are doing well in the community. Isn't that what they are suppose to do as a student on scholarship? In my opinion, Coaches at a D1 level should only be graded on their win-loss record. You win you can stay and make $$$$. You lose it is time to look for another job.

Tacoma5 said:

You think you're lost in the shadows here at ISU, you have no idea what it's like at a competitive FBS school. If you expect the coaches to push you to reach your goals, you're just going to be another face on the sideline without a scholarship keeping the water boy company. I understand some of the players being frustrated by Kramer, but ultimate accountability falls on the shoulders of the individual. The easy way out is just pointing the finger. Personal accountability!

I think this article has good insight... I believe your going to always have disgruntled athletes. Every player thinks he should be starting or playing more.

If this "Anonymous" player feels he's not getting pushed not learning from the staff, not being pushed my current athletes and not getting the right tools to move on to the next level, I have know issues with that statement. (Ex. No Pro Day). But again, Players need to own some of this too.

This is the same staff that didn't think Chad Hansen could play at the next level.. Was one of the Best WRs in the PAC 12 and a potential Draft pick in 2017

I think ISU philosophy is just to be great in the classroom, which is Awesome! KEYWORD: STUDENT-ATHLETE.. You need to be great at both, we need to start recruiting athletes that are great at BOTH.

UP for the Challenge: Is 100% Correct! $164,000 you need to win ball games, this is not a JUCO Program.

I am a big ISU supporter and Alum ... I just want to see our program be great!

This is the only staff that offered Chad Hansen a scholarship. NOBODY thought he could play at the next level. He eventually proved everybody wrong, but not until ISU gave him a chance to play college football.

Skippy said:
This is the only staff that offered Chad Hansen a scholarship. NOBODY thought he could play at the next level. He eventually proved everybody wrong, but not until ISU gave him a chance to play college football.

Chad fell under the radar as a PAC 12 player coming out of high school like a lot of talented players but Kramer knew he would be a good receiver and would start at ISU his true freshmen year. He had a choice: sign with ISU and start as a true freshmen year or go the JUCO route in SoCal. Either way, he would be a starter his first year. He had a great freshmen year at ISU so took the chance and transferred to CAL. He choose CAL knowing his competition at the receiver position at CAL and walked on with good credentials from high school and at ISU and redshirted at CAL. He showed the coaches he was the real deal as a redshirt and you see what happened. He was always a PAC 12 type of player but was not offered out of high school. Chad always knew he was a PAC 12 type of player as he had the talent, size, and speed coming out of high school. It showed up at ISU his true freshmen year as he played like an experienced senior.

blackfootbengal said:
Wow!!! Exactly what Skippy said in two sentences and it only took ten sentences.

Blackfoot:

No need to be sarcastic. Up has the right to post his comments.

PBP

PBP said:
blackfootbengal said:
Wow!!! Exactly what Skippy said in two sentences and it only took ten sentences.

Blackfoot:

No need to be sarcastic. Up has the right to post his comments.

PBP

It is not exactly what Skippy said but Skippy is right about ISU being the only team to offer Chad coming out of high school. Do we agree CHAD could have walked on at CAL after high school or after playing for a JUCO and had the same results without going to ISU his freshmen year ? I doubt Kramer or an ISU assistant developed him into a PAC 12 type of a player after just playing one year at ISU.

PBP I will be sarcastic if I want to, if UFC cannot handle it then so what. I suggest he grow a set. I read inane post after post and never comment, I believe I'm done being a nice guy, if your only reason for posting is to put out your opinion by implying something, then expect my reply.

Just because ISU offered Chad a full scholarship does not mean Chad was not being scouted and contacted by PAC 12 teams while in high school. He had the talent but was not high enough on the chalk board with PAC 12 schools. He just had to prove it by walking on. ISU was lucky to have him for one year and Kramer knows that.

And the book was written and if you were to read it, it would be read. The book had pages with number, numbers forward and numbers backwards. The true meaning of the book is one that can only be understood if a person can understand what needs to be understood.

Why not change the grading of coaches

1) Scholarship player grades at ISU
2) how well the players do in the community
3) coach win-loss record

To:

1) coach Win- Loss record
2) scholarship players grades at ISU
3).how well the players do in the community

It could help the program win games for a change. I believe Kramer gives Athletic Scholarships and not Academic Scholarships. This is not the IVY League.

Latest posts

Back