• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injuries and lack of depth are really starting to take a toll on this team. Teams are no longer thinking that they need to have exotic blitz packages to slow down the ISU passing attack. All the teams from this point forward realize that they can generate a ton of pressure with a four man front and they can drop 6-7 in coverage. Running the ball won't help because the offensive line is not physical enough to generate any consistent push. This will get better in time, there is some talent there--and they are gaining valuable experience. But Kramer, quite simply is going to have to find more talent and depth for the O-Line and for that matter--the D-LINE as well.

Hopefully, Kramer can be back to full strength or at least close to full strength with regards to scholarships at the end of this season. They made major strides in APR in the spring, hopefully things continue to progress this fall and into next spring.

I don’t see Kramer making excuses, although I fully suspect that Kramer will call out any kid that is not performing. Nobody will say much about it unless the team is struggling.

This program is in better shape and will continue to get better as time goes on.

Give Kramer time, love him or hate him he deserves at least that. As this team graduates or gets rid of the ME players and develops more of the WE players. I have confidence that more wins will come.

bengalcub said:
I don’t see Kramer making excuses, although I fully suspect that Kramer will call out any kid that is not performing. Nobody will say much about it unless the team is struggling..

Exactly.

I guess this is where I have a hard time expressing any sympthany and/or understanding. When you sign your name to that letter of intent AND accept the opportunity to get your schooling paid for, you are accepting some responsibility as well. You are also putting yourself into a public position where you can, and most likely will, be scrutinized at one time or another

The SE Idaho media consists of a bunch of pussycats. Go to a larger media market, and it's open game on an individual's performance. If a player doesn't have a good game, should a coach like Kramer just say "no comment" when asked why a player didn't perform to his ability? Or should he be honest and say, "yeah, he really didn't play well and needs to work on some things?"

Lockerroom BS, like the he said she said crap, needs to stay out of the media. But I don't have a problem with a coach saying a player stunk it up and has work to do. If a player doesn't like to be singled out for some bad plays, by the same token, he should also not like being singled out in public for exceptional play. You can't have it both ways

I was impressed with what I saw of Aaron Price. I mean Aaron Pierre. I mean Aaron Prier! Stupid Weber State announcers! :lol:

Seriously, as a freshman, I think he has a lot of potential. I liked what I saw.

David Harrington has a good shot at the pros! I bet he gets a free agent contract, at the very least. That dude serioulsy has a cannon of a leg, cliche as that is.

I’m becoming a huge fan of Donovan Henley. His pick in the second quarter was a big time play. I thought the illegal block call on the return was wrong. It looked like A.J. hit the guy in the shoulder pads. Harrington more than made up for it though with his 70-yard punt. I think the Cats benefited from having an extra week to prepare for us. They knew where we were vulnerable and exploited it by nearly blocking two punts and throwing it over the top for two huge touchdowns. Weber’s defense was motivated to shut down our offense and they wanted to make a statement for Zamberlin. They even poured Gatorade on him after the game. Our crowd was great as always down there. Stewart Stadium made me appreciate the dome and our fans that much more. :notworthy: Their crowd was never a factor in this one.

Feel disappointed for sure. What about the guys that are the up coming O-line? There is some talent there, right? Any thoughts about that? The weather was great today. I thought our crowd did awesome. :nod: Only good for the future of this team. Fingers crossed.

KPVI Bengal Fan said:
I’m becoming a huge fan of Donovan Henley. His pick in the second quarter was a big time play. I thought the illegal block call on the return was wrong. It looked like A.J. hit the guy in the shoulder pads. Harrington more than made up for it though with his 70-yard punt. I think the Cats benefited from having an extra week to prepare for us. They knew where we vulnerable and exploited it by nearly blocking two punts and throwing it over the top for two huge touchdowns. Weber’s defense was motivated to shut down our offense and they wanted to make a statement for Zamberlin. They even poured Gatorade on him after the game. Our crowd was great as always down there. Stewart Stadium made me appreciate the dome and our fans that much more. :notworthy: Their crowd was never a factor in this one.

In our defense........we didnt need to be a factor 8-) all 11,297 of us

Anyway, I was impressed with the Bengal faithful, and your team has a lot of heart. Next year when your team molds together our game in Pocatello will be awesome.

I can’t even imagine what 11,297 would sound like in the dome. It’s nice that they had many people there. That said, I’m not sure how many people actually bought tickets to the game. I was waiting in line to buy tickets and a guy came up to me and gave me some free tickets from his work. Maybe that’s why the crowd wasn’t even in the game when the Bengals had the lead, most of them were probably there because they are fans of the game and they could justify going because the Utes and Cougars were on the road and they had free tickets from their work.

Can someone tell me what happened on the two long pass plays for Weber? Was it a broken coverage or is that a weakness in our defensive scheme? It looked like both touchdowns came on the exact same play. :evil:

KPVI Bengal Fan said:

I can’t even imagine what 11,297 would sound like in the dome. It’s nice that they had many people there. That said, I’m not sure how many people actually bought tickets to the game. I was waiting in line to buy tickets and a guy came up to me and gave me some free tickets from his work. Maybe that’s why the crowd wasn’t even in the game when the Bengals had the lead, most of them were probably there because they are fans of the game and they could justify going because the Utes and Cougars were on the road and they had free tickets from their work.

Can someone tell me what happened on the two long pass plays for Weber? Was it a broken coverage or is that a weakness in our defensive scheme? It looked like both touchdowns came on the exact same play. :evil:

Hoke called an audible twice, saw ISU was in man to man, Kehano fakes a slant Division III ISU bit on it both times, TouchDOWN!!!

KPVI Bengal Fan said:
I’m becoming a huge fan of Donovan Henley. His pick in the second quarter was a big time play. I thought the illegal block call on the return was wrong. It looked like A.J. hit the guy in the shoulder pads. Harrington more than made up for it though with his 70-yard punt. I think the Cats benefited from having an extra week to prepare for us. They knew where we vulnerable and exploited it by nearly blocking two punts and throwing it over the top for two huge touchdowns. Weber’s defense was motivated to shut down our offense and they wanted to make a statement for Zamberlin. They even poured Gatorade on him after the game. Our crowd was great as always down there. Stewart Stadium made me appreciate the dome and our fans that much more. :notworthy: Their crowd was never a factor in this one.

This has got to be the DumBest post I've ever read from a big sky fan.

YellowFin said:
KPVI Bengal Fan said:

Hoke called an audible twice, saw ISU was in man to man, Kehano fakes a slant Division III ISU bit on it both times, TouchDOWN!!!

What? Would you care to use a few more characters... they don't cost anything. ;)

biobengal said:
YellowFin said:
KPVI Bengal Fan said:

What? Would you care to use a few more characters... they don't cost anything. ;)

"Here's what happened with 5:46 left in the second quarter, while the Wildcats trailing by the strange score of 6-2: Hoke was set to throw a screen pass, but saw something in the ISU defense and changed the play at the line of scrimmage.

Seconds later he pump-faked a screen pass, then watched as the Bengals' defensive backs bit on it like a lion does a zebra in one of those National Geographic specials.

Then, just like that, Kehano was streaking down the field with nothing but green grass between him and Box Elder County. Boom! A 56-yard touchdown.

Later, early in the second half, the same thing happened again. Hoke saw the same defense, changed the play and let the ball fly as Kehano smoked the Bengals' secondary like a fine Cuban cigar. Bam! A 83-yard touchdown."

YellowFin said:
KPVI Bengal Fan said:

This has got to be the DumBest post I've ever read from a big sky fan.

As dumb as a bunch of players pouring Gatorade on an assistant coach after a win against a team comprised mostly of players he recruited?

That's class.

homegrown said:
Feel disappointed for sure. What about the guys that are the up coming O-line? There is some talent there, right? Any thoughts about that? The weather was great today. I thought our crowd did awesome. :nod: Only good for the future of this team. Fingers crossed.

As the offensive line goes—so goes the offense. This unit is young, inexperienced and lacks quality depth. I am not saying that they are not talented—what I am saying is that they are not a BSC caliber starting front five at this point. This unit is very, very young and very green. As Kramer improves the talent and chemistry of this unit. I believe that we can all agree that the offense has the ability to be prolific.

On the flip side, the same can be said about the interior defensive front—just saying, but back to offense...

Tackles:

RS FR Nick Beckman—Redshirt FR 1st Career Start
RS JR Erik Jacobson—Converted TE, 1st year at position

Guards:

RS JR Elijah Ruhl—Did not participate in fall practice because he came in FAT. Was lost for the season early last year with knee injury
RS JR Jon Van Vliet—Former Walk-On—converted TE

Center:

JR Mark Clampitt—STUD

Other Notables:

Tackle—Brad Shedd—should get or had already received medical hardship for 6th year. LOST FOR SEASON
Guard Tackle—Braydon Clayson—Might be out for season. Has a broken hand on offensive line.

The rest:

Inexperienced and 90% FRESHMAN and Walk-ons!

Go away trolls. I for one am glad that I didn’t go to the game. I’ve been to the polished turd way too many times. That stadium sucks and their fans are even worse…nothing but a bunch of Utah State rejects. There is a major inferiority complex in Ogden. It’s like they know that they are an embarrassment to the state, a state that already has an awkward global reputation.

bengalcub said:
homegrown said:

As the offensive line goes—so goes the offense. This unit is young, inexperienced and lacks quality depth. I am not saying that they are not talented—what I am saying is that they are not a BSC caliber starting front five at this point. This unit is very, very young and very green. As Kramer improves the talent and chemistry of this unit. I believe that we can all agree that the offense has the ability to be prolific.

On the flip side, the same can be said about the interior defensive front—just saying, but back to offense...

Tackles:

RS FR Nick Beckman—Redshirt FR 1st Career Start
RS JR Erik Jacobson—Converted TE, 1st year at position

Guards:

RS JR Elijah Ruhl—Did not participate in fall practice because he came in FAT. Was lost for the season early last year with knee injury
RS JR Jon Van Vliet—Former Walk-On—converted TE

Center:

JR Mark Clampitt—STUD

Other Notables:

Tackle—Brad Shedd—should get or had already received medical hardship for 6th year. LOST FOR SEASON
Guard Tackle—Braydon Clayson—Might be out for season. Has a broken hand on offensive line.

The rest:

Inexperienced and 90% FRESHMAN and Walk-ons!
What about Bagley and Cutler?

In my opinion both of those kids will be very good offensive lineman. Bags is hurt right now and may not play the rest of this year. But, while both may proved to be excellent players--they still are both true FR and their best days are down the road.

I wish ISU had the depth and talent on the offensive front to have redshirted both of them.

Red Hill said:
Go away trolls. I for one am glad that I didn’t go to the game. I’ve been to the polished turd way too many times. That stadium sucks and their fans are even worse…nothing but a bunch of Utah State rejects. There is a major inferiority complex in Ogden. It’s like they know that they are an embarrassment to the state, a state that already has an awkward global reputation.

somebody who lives in Pocatello making fun of Ogden as an embarrassment :ohno: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :kisswink:

There is a reason it's called LOLT Arena! It's the biggest joke
in the conference. Talk about unpolished turds. Tear that barn down,.. Crikey!

Pocatello of Idaho, home to Division III ISU= :rofl: :bananahump: :bananahump: :bananahump: :willybs:

YellowFin said:
somebody who lives in Pocatello making fun of Ogden as an embarrassment :ohno: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :kisswink:

There is a reason it's called LOLT Arena! It's the biggest joke
in the conference. Talk about unpolished turds. Tear that barn down,.. Crikey!

Pocatello of Idaho, home to Division III ISU= :rofl: :bananahump: :bananahump: :bananahump: :willybs:

Yellowfin? .. must be one of the pet names your boyfriend calls you. :finger:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back