• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Anyone have an idea of a 2 deep depth chart for this year?

QB--Blum gets shot to play his way out of the starting role. Hill at No. 2
RB--Knickrehm, LaPorta and Morgan.
TE--Hjelseth, Van Vliet and Ward
T--Shedd
G--Rudder
C-Henry
G--Clayson
T-Cartwright
OL backups--one or two of JC transfers TBD
WR--Taylor
WR-Burel
WR-Krosch or Ponciano
backups--one or two of the freshmen TBD

QB BLUM CB VISER
HILL SS HOLMSLEY
RB KNICKREHM FS OWENS
LAPORTA CB WRIGHT
LT SHEDD OLB GIBSON
LG RUDDER MLB EDGSON
C HENRY OLB STORM
RG CARTWRIGHT DE O'DONNEL
RT GRANT/NUA T AMOS
WR TAYLOR T JONES
WR BUREL DE TUUA
SLOT PONCIANO
TE HJELSET
VAN VLIET
HILL

QB BLUM
HILL
RB KNICKREHM
LAPORTA
LT SHEDD
LG RUDDER
C HENRY
RG CARTWRIGHT
RT NUA/GRANT
WR TAYLOR
WR BUREL
SLOT PONCIANO
TE HJELSETH

T AMOS
T JONES
DE O'DONNELL
TUUA
DE RUTTON
OLB GIBSON
MLB EDGSON
OLB STORM
FS OWENS
SS HOLMSLEY
CB VISER
CB WRIGHT

My preseason predicitons:

QB BLUM
HILL

RB LAPORTA
KNICKREHM

LT SHEDD
LG RUDDER
C HENRY
RG CARTWRIGHT
RT NUA/GRANT

WR TAYLOR
WR BUREL
SLOT PONCIANO or ANDREW BENAVIDES (TR FR)
TE HJELSETH or JOSH HILL

T AMOS
T DURR IF ELIGIBLE OR TUIASOSOP NIUSULU (TR FR)
STRONG DE O'DONNELL
WEAK DE TUUA

OLB GIBSON
MLB URIAS
OLB STORMS
FS OWENS or PLEASANT
SS HOLMSLEY
CB VISER
CB WRIGHT

People forgetting about Keith McGowen from Boise State at Cornerback? He's looked good during summer 7 on 7 sessions. I predict McGowen and Viser at the 2 defensive back positions this fall...With Kelvin Miller coming on on Nickel packages.

Albers could possibily push for the MLB spot as well, we also have Nash who has been up here all summer, he could get some playing time at one of the LB spots.

Jordan Scott could also be in contention for the RB spot, looks like he has natural ability and some speed and quickness.

Let me know what you guys think about this stuff...

Only a few of us knew McGowen had transerred to ISU, until he beats out Wright I will have to stick with him. Albers did not show me anything new in the spring, I give the nodd to Edgson. Nash may be the answer, but I have not seen him and can't judge.

I have heard the rumor that Keith McGowen had transferred, but I did not know it was a certainty.

I am also hearing rumblings that Scott may not be coming to ISU. Nothing concrete, just rumblings at this point.

If both are indeed in camp, I would agree that both have a chance to play right away.

I think Nash will play LB or DE, I am not sure how good he will be a LB. Most of the highlights that I have seen of him seems to be at DE in JC. If that is the case, he may be learning a position that he hasn't played much of recently.

I have heard some more details on new kids that are coming in, but I want to wait for confirmation before posting.

Boise State fans have confirmed that RB Stew Tracy has left Boise for Pocatello. He had a very bright future according to some, but could not wait another year for a scholarship. He had a great spring at BSU. Welcome to Pocatello, young man.

Tracy would be a nice addition as a kick returner. He returned two punts for touchdowns in a game against Judge as a sophomore, and had two kickoff returns for TDs in his high school career as well.

BSU is becoming a nice farm team for the Bengals--McGowen, Rudder, Tracy, Hill...

Skippy, this is from the BSU fan board...

..."I know of a couple of other guys that will make the move to ISU if they don't get scholarships after this season. If guys like Keith and Josh Hill go down there get scholarships and playing time right out of the gates, I don't blame them for wanting to move. Considering ISU opens up against OU, then has ASU later in the season. They will get a lot of exposure, school paid for, and be playing."

BSU has a strong walk-on program. Some kids decide to go to Boise State because of the winning tradition and to stay close to home. However, in the end, if they don't get their school paid for...the option of coming to Idaho State can be beneficial. I think it works for both schools. Boise gets their opportunity first, if it works out they stay Broncos. If it does not, the kids can make the move to Pocatello if they have the talent to play at the BSC level.

All of a sudden, I like our secondary a lot -- McGowen, Viser and Holmsley should all be quality players, Owens played well at the end of the year, and Pleasant was one of the more highly-thought of redshirts. Now, if we can piece together a front seven....

Plus, Wright played pretty dang good last year at one corner add Miller and you have depth. I see at least four good corners and that is good news.

Latest posts

Back