• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

APR Penalties coming Wednesday.

ROAR...you know I love you, man! You're like family ( ;) ) Just as a point of information...yes, the FB team did cut out the hotel rooms this past season for home games. I'm sure there are still ways to cut (tuna sandwiches, no 10pm pizzas on the road, etc.). I guess my point is that if a solution is built around always cutting back (like we see happening everywhere) instead of increasing revenue streams, eventually you've cut an organization into non-existence. I know here at my station, I realized years ago that I couldn't rely on funding from student fees (which was the sole source of funding when I was hired 10 years ago). It also didn't help that the school president wouldn't allow us to do on-air pledge drives. I was constantly looking for other revenue streams to help the station, and was slowly (almost at a snail's pace) finding some. Then when Dr. Vailas came...he and I had a talk about the station and he agreed with me that I needed to run it like a business...not like an "educational" arm of a university. We were fortunate to qualify for some grants...we've found (with Dr. Vailas' blessings) ways to increase financial support from our listeners and businesses in the region, and now student fee funding only accounts for about half of our station revenues. It's a good thing, too, because if I had just relied on student fees, we'd have shut down years ago. Our student fee funding this past year was only about $20k more than it was when I arrived 10 years ago...yet the cost of operating the station has more than doubled, and I'm still the only full-time employee.
I know that was a laborious story...but I believe the university has to find ways to give MORE support to athletics...instead of constantly telling it to find ways to cut. With new student fee increases coming this year...the cost of every athletic scholarship also goes up respectively. The same revenues can't cover what they used to. There are some great things going on at ISU athletics...i.e., the Jared Allen weight training facility, the new softball field (almost all materials and labor donated), etc. Some way, this school has to find a way to say to athletics...here's more support...more resources...more people. Once we develop that forward momentum...building winning programs will be possible. Until then, we can hire the best football coach in the world...and without the tools needed to succeed...this will become his graveyard, too.
I know you guys hurt A LOT for the Bengals...thanks for all you've done, and will continue to do. We need you out there...

I know this is a terrible thing to say or even think about...but is there any chance that this program will be cut completely over the next few years? I just want people's opinions

I guess it could be worse.......Sorry TATO.............I am still not taking any excuses, NONE! :D

As a result of the violations – which mainly centered on Heisman Trophy-winning running back Reggie Bush and basketball star O.J. Mayo – the NCAA’s probe resulted in USC being hit with multiple penalties. Among them:

• A postseason ban in football following the 2010 and 2011 seasons.

• A loss of 30 total football scholarships over the 2011, 2012 and 2013 seasons.

• A vacation of all football victories starting in December 2004 and running through the 2005 season. This includes the national championship win over Oklahoma on Jan. 4, 2005.

• All statistics vacated for Bush, Mayo and an unnamed women’s tennis athlete in the games which the NCAA deemed them ineligible due to rules violations.

• Bush and Mayo must be disassociated from USC athletics.

• An acceptance of USC’s self-imposed penalties on its basketball program, which included a forfeiture of all wins in 2007-2008 and a one-year postseason ban.

• All titles won during ineligible games must be vacated and trophies and banners must be removed.

• A vacation of wins in the women’s tennis program from May 2006 to May 2009, for long distance telephone violations committed by a student-athlete.

• A reduction of recruiting days for the men’s basketball program in 2010-2011.

• Four years of probation.

Wow, the NCAA caught up with Bush and USC! Shocking, I know. HONESTLY, WHAT TOOK SO LONG AND WHY DOES IT COME OUT AFTER PETE BOLTS? Very curoious. They've been talking about this thing for 6 years.

Latest posts

Back