• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Baseball game one

bozar1

New Mexico 7 (3-1) - UNC 5 (0-1)

Two ways you can look at this game. One, they played 'em close. Two, what a disheartening loss. I choose number two. The Bears' Jim Quisenberry (any relation to the Dan Quisenberry of KC fame?) pitched a magnificent game by going 6 innings and giving the Loobs nuttin' honey. The big senior lefty was dealin'.Add this to a pretty good offensive output of 13 hits and 5 runs and you'd think you might put this one in the win column. Not to be. The relievers came in and gave relief only to New Mexico as the Lobos scored all of their 7 runs in the bottom of the eighth inning to make it a disappointing day for the Bears. Besides Quisenberry the Bears were led by senior Tyler Borzileri who went 3 for 5 as the leadoff hitter and Budde who had 2 RBIs with his one hit.

I know nothing about Quisenberry but, if a first game means anything, the coach has found himself a starter. He might think twice before bringing in relief the next time in a similar situation. However, first game, pitch count, weather (?) and other such things probably made the decision to take him out a good one. Oh well, round two coming up. Will the pitching hold up? Let's hope so. By the way, the rest of the conference's teams didn't fare so well which is no surprise.

I just know he's a big dude, 6'7" 240, I wonder if he can bring some heat. I agree it's a disheartening loss, never good when the bull pin can't hold down the fort.

The Bears pulled off the win in the second game against the #19 team in the country! Sounds like we have a good pitcher in Joe Sawicki.

"When Northern Colorado went to the bull pen and pulled Sawicki, I said ‘Thank heaven,'" said New Mexico Head Coach Ray Birmingham. "He's a crafty left-hander and we couldn't do anything against him."

Get 'er dun tomorrow bears!

That's a nice win. Judging from the articles and box scores, these games seem pretty competitive. Sounds like we might have some good starting pitching but the bull pin may need some more experience.

Sawicki is going the be the best, most consistent pitcher on the staff. Tall, lanky, doesn't throw too hard but mixes it up, locates and keeps hitters off balance. Last year he was UNC's best starter until he hurt his arm and missed the majority of the season.

Latest posts

Back