• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Big 10 Raid of PAC12 trickle down effect

HornetFootballFan

Appears clear after a very long time that PAC12 is having trouble getting a good enough contract w networks to fend off the Big 10 & Big 12?

I can’t imagine the “streaming” of PAC12 games will deliver the exposure or revenue they need to compete going forward w new elite conferences.

USC / UCLA gone. Next move PAC12 brings in SDSU Aztecs to try refill So Cal Market.

Reported OR Ducks & Wash Huskies are Big 10 targets? How can they refuse the big $?

I anticipate Mtn West gets cleansed of SDSU, Boise State, Fresno State and possibly UNLV not because they are elite but because Vegas is a good TV Market?

MTN WEST will need to reload. Expand into FBS Texas is my guess? Maybe a team in FBS MidWest? Then probably add The Montana School DUO??

Dakota schools are qualified good football but I don’t think TV Networks see the value in dakotas?

With a Conference Revenue boost of $4Mil. I think SAC STATE could finance stadium upgrades and lease kings arena for Basketball.

Sac State w 30K students and new Placer Campus expansion another 5k to 7500 students it seems it would be a good candidate to raise up?

If we do not try to make it happen? It might be another 15-20 yrs before the next big chance to do so? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reno did it, App State, Idaho did it, WAC/SUN or whatever they call themselves are doing it?

Declining enrollment and endowment will keep the Montana schools from ever moving up. They both need to add sports to join the MW as well. Unless the schools turn around their enrollment - this is a moot arguement.

MWC would never take us without a stadium. We built our first new permanent structure that is a part of the stadium this past year (the new press box, the old one was just a series of trailers pushed together so it didn't need a permanent building code) but would need to build an actual stadium to attract that offer. If we had a football stadium, I think the basketball arena issue would not be a big deal.

Agree…. Stadium is the “need”. I think we look similar to Nevada Reno when they were still in the Big Sky. SJSU is just now in process of upgrading its stadium,

The challenge. Without opportunity to upgrade into mtn west the expense is low priority. IF the MTN said: “upgrade facilities within 4 yrs”. I am confident the stadium could be funded!

Somebody needs to have the conversation and see once the dominos begin to fall if we can fill that gap?

Timing is everything! It is within reach once MWC revenue and the huge travel games we could have w sell out crowds. SJSU, Fresno, UNR, all road trips w big fan base if FSU doesn’t find path to Big12?

San Dirgo State w that new stadium is going upward!!

Latest posts

Back