• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Booster banned from ISU events (Journal Article)

bengalcub

University: Jolley broke NCAA rules
By Chase Glorfield
[email protected]

POCATELLO — The Idaho State University booster accused of offering money to potential recruits and their coaches has been banned from attending any and all future university athletic events, according to a letter sent to the booster by ISU.
The letter from ISU’s Office of General Counsel also said that through an internal investigation of booster Matt Jolley, it was determined that he had in fact violated NCAA rules.
The Journal obtained the letter from an individual who claimed to be an ISU employee, but the newspaper has not been able to confirm this.
The letter was signed by ISU Associate General Counsel Darlene Gerry, who would not return the Journal’s phone calls regarding the document.
ISU Athletic Director Jeff Tingey was contacted about the university’s letter to Jolley and would not comment on it either.
Jolley of Pocatello was accused in March by former ISU interim men’s head basketball coach Deane Martin of offering a “money handshake” to get the best players possible on the men’s basketball team. Martin also stated he had heard that Jolley was personally involved with the families and junior college coaches of potential recruits.
Jolley was a friend of Tingey’s and was a member of the search committee tasked this past winter with finding a new head coach for the ISU men’s basketball team. Former head coach Joe O’Brien said that Jolley traveled with the team to away games and would come to practice from time to time.

Read More:

http://isuvoice.com/?p=2067106473

More of a question than anything else. It would be interesting to know if this Matt Jolley is a poster on Idahosports boards as 8poky8. 8poky8 is quite knowledgable, but always claimed to know everything about ISU sports rather basketball or football, claimed to have info from coaches and all the reasons behind the players. Just wondering... :foot:

I am pretty confident that 8poky8 is another poster on this board.

I was thinking of something today. One time back in the O'Brien era a Bengal fan got out of hand in Sacramento during the ISU/Sac State game. I was watching it on Big Sky TV and it was quite embarrassing because the fan was was almost on the court going after the officials. That was not this booster was it?

You're close, Bandit. That is, 8poky8 is close to Jolley. :whistle:

Ask votb if Jolley was the booster who came out of the crowd. Oops, forgot. We can't do that, because Tingey is covering his ass by banning votb and others from posting on here.

What a bunch of :jack: 's . Jolley is doing his best martyr imitation while going after O'Brien and everybody associated with him. O'Brien acts clueless, except after watching his sorry act of coaching the last few years, I'm not sure he could find a clue hidden in one of Jolley's handshakes.

Glad Jolley is out of the picture.

Tingey should have one foot out the door as we speak.

i read the article and have a few observations....

as for jolleys 'response' .......sounds like a case of hell hath no fury like a woman scorned :lol: :lol: :lol:

what a: (select term)
pussy/loser/douchebag

all apply

as for tingley - just to get the facts straight - who appointed the loser to the basketball search committee?
if you had any balls you'd quit... what a moron :rofl:

I have been told that Jolley did not visit with the NCAA and in fact declined to interview with the NCAA after visiting with ISU officials.

So, if Jolley indeed remained quiet, it is QUITE POSSIBLE that very little will come out of this investigation.

What I believe is that there are two camps here. The Tingey camp and the O'Brien camp and both probably know more than they will ever admit to. Both camps hell bent on the agenda of mashing on the other. Trust me the OB/Tingey relationship was not warm and fuzzy.

Sadly, it seems as if Jolley is so pissed that he is launching salvos at anyone that he perceives as a threat. I had the honor of getting my share a few days ago.

re-read the article and i have a few more observations - that douchebag jolley even threw his kids into his bullshit arguement... what a massive pussy.....

either talk to the ncaa or not.. just stop being a pussy and crying about shit you created and how wronged you are... .just stfu already and go away

its already established that you're a liar

tingey has no balls and should resign

tingey - if you read this - your bff screwed the program and you knew it... he went on trips..... he served on search committees... he went to practice (and if i read things correctly actually 'practiced?)...seriously..? seriously...? wtf fuck were you thinking? were you f'ing thinking?

resign - sorry i forgot - you have no balls - you'll make up some bullshit excuse and look to your daddy to protect you

(IF) we know for sure that the booster did not talk to the ncaa then HOW can they impose any type of penalties? The ncaa police has not done their due diligence in resolving the issue and if they have not even talked to one of the main players then HOW in the hell can they do anything!?!?!!?!?!?!?

As far as I am concerned there is no validity and a huge rumor?? He said she said.....I know I am playing devils advocate here but please. If the ncaa gives ISU some type of penalty without talking to said booster then they got it wrong. Sorry but you know my feelings on the ncaa, bcs, hypocrites, live a different rule than others, college police Barney Fife wanna be's.

In short, if they haven't talked to booster then drop it, period! Note to ISU, change the ways you do things and know where and what your boosters ard doing with players. Lay the law down to boosters and players! GO BENGALS!!!!!

Bengal Roar said:
(IF) we know for sure that the booster did not talk to the ncaa then HOW can they impose any type of penalties? The ncaa police has not done their due diligence in resolving the issue and if they have not even talked to one of the main players then HOW in the hell can they do anything!?!?!!?!?!?!?

As far as I am concerned there is no validity and a huge rumor?? He said she said.....I know I am playing devils advocate here but please. If the ncaa gives ISU some type of penalty without talking to said booster then they got it wrong. Sorry but you know my feelings on the ncaa, bcs, hypocrites, live a different rule than others, college police Barney Fife wanna be's.

In short, if they haven't talked to booster then drop it, period! Note to ISU, change the ways you do things and know where and what your boosters ard doing with players. Lay the law down to boosters and players! GO BENGALS!!!!!

The booster is under NO obligation to talk to the NCAA. The NCAA can reach out and try to talk to him, but if he refuses, they can't force him to.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Enforcement/Process/Investigations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Sasquatch for the clarification. It tells me that much more about the ncaa and the way they do things. It's like the blind leading the blind and they go by heresay and rumor. I am amazed how they run things. Again devils advocate, who says a player couldn't really screw up a boosters image by complete lies and rumors. (again, see how the ncaa investigates???)

I am not saying this didn't happen? I don't know, wasn't there. I hope this isuue can be resolved with professionalism and i hope alot has been learned from the issue at hand.

I have a question though? How can a university keep a person away from a game or from purchasing a ticket? Would it be considered trespassing? Just a random thought.

This is why I believe that something happened. From Jolley's e-mail...

“…I’m tired of being the nice guy while your friends make it their mission to take me down,” Jolley wrote to the ISU employee. “I’m meeting with the NCAA tomorrow and will do everything in my power to destroy anyone associated with Joe O’Brien. So obviously I’m (upset) and have nothing to lose.”

...one of the most recent official press release from Idaho State (on the official site) have Steve Schaack quoting himself and not Tingey? Does anyone know the reason behind this?

“We value our partnership with Idaho Central Credit Union and look forward to an exciting 2012 football season,” Idaho State Assistant Athletic Director for Media Relations Steve Schaack said. “Giving away one Honda Ruckus each game will be fun for our fans and will add increased excitement to Bengalfest.”

Wow.. The verdict is in.. Spartan is such a noble, moral man, who has all the answers and ethics. Two thumbs up, Internet Tough Guy! I hope Spartan will step up, show his great leading prowess, and take us minions into an unprecedented era of success and glamour at ISU. I can't wait!

first thing we do is ban all reggae music - its the work of the devil :lol:

tingey got his job because of his daddy - now his bff has screwed the program.... if he didn't know - he should have (its called a lack of institutional control)

anyone with a minimum understanding of ethics and morals would step down.....

as for your other ramblings.... ??? unless you are a tingey fan or family member - then it all makes sense

Jolley should tell the NCAA to stuff it. It's not like this guy was trying to make money; he is just a super fan. Heaven knows ISU could use a few more of those. He is over-the-top, sure. I'll take him over the luke-warm academic pansies who rip their own compadres to butt-kiss an NCAA that has ISU officials falling all over themselves to sell out one of their own (just in case). How 'bout somebody with some nads stands up and says, screw y'all!
Before you call yourself cheats, have a gander at your stinking record, it doesn't tabulate. So you help trash the reputation of a person voluntarily and rabidly involved with ISU athletics (to cover your own arses). That'll fix it! Not one of you knows for sure that Jolley offered anything to anyone, yet you fry your own at the drop of a hat and run from him like punks.

Latest posts

Back