• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Cal Poly game

bengalcub said:
BengalSapper said:
Time to make some coaching changes. This is not lack of talent this is coaching

Since you are the next generation of boosters and you have already returned your tickets with the rest of your crew...I am sure that Idaho State will let you decide who will be on the next staff.

Cub you are a tool I have read what you have posted for years and you don't know crap. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. I do far more for ISU then you ever will. When ISU is selected with 6 BSC first team picks we obsessively have the talent. When we start the season with 9 of 11 returning on O we obviously still have the talent. This is coaching and culture. Look at special teams!!!!!!! look at the D !!!!!!!! CUB there aren't any new supports other than a couple of us I hop you know that. There is talk in the student senate to remove funds from the football team. The student senate can remove the athletic support that is give out of tuition. DO YOU KNOW THAT!!!!!!!!!! The $9 million in deferred maintenance that Holt needs has to come from someone. THE STUDENTS ARE NOT GOING TO PAY CUB WHY DON'T YOU GET YOUR CHECK BOOK OUT. CUB shut your mouth because you are clueless of how bad ISU needs money. ISU needs to get on there knees and kiss the butt of every season ticket holder and booster so they don't have to lply BSU, UNLV OSU CSU get the point........ WE Need to make some changes

Of course I am the problem. Not only is your cannon bigger than mine but so is your wallet.

Funny thing you are posting all over fan boards across the land stating that Idaho State has arrived with Kramer and Co. Big Sky Titles and Playoff runs forthcoming...then they struggle and your calling for heads.

Been here far longer than you and will still be here after you take your toy and go home.

CUB- I predicted and stated on board that the Bengals would lose by 21 points or more going into this game because our defense and special teams are not very good and Cal Poly was third in the nation in rushing. After this game Cal Poly will probably lead the nation in rushing. What is your prediction in North Dakota? :coffee:

bengalcub said:
Of course I am the problem. Not only is your cannon bigger than mine but so is your wallet.

Funny thing you are posting all over fan boards across the land stating that Idaho State has arrived with Kramer and Co. Big Sky Title and Playoff runs forthcoming...then they struggle and your calling for heads.

ISU has all the weapons they need to win the excuses need to stop. This is coaching. This is about ISU support. This is about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results but no. Kramer needs to step up and make some changes to his staff and or his game plan. How many season tickets holders do you see under the age of 35 not many. But maybe you just have a couple 1000 of them hidden. ISU should be winning, Kramer promised a win at UNLV promised a BSC and it ain't happening.

P.S. the next time cub you tune in to a ISU game from Afghanistan let me know.

Thank you for your service and for protecting families and a fool like me.

"P.S. the next time cub you tune in to a ISU game from Afghanistan let me know."

What exactly do you mean by this?

Kramer has already made coaching changes to his staff by firing and hiring new assistants on offense and defense since being at ISU. Next season will be better. We will have Jenkins and Manu back and Sanders will have an Arias type of season. All we need is a few more JUCO's on defense or Step down players.

Thank you Sapper for your service to this amazing country..Bengal Cub is as narcissistic as Kramer so you have voiced your opinion against them so you probably will be banned from this site soon :shock:

Sad to see the boys lose again. Such great young men. So much could be said 'bout it.....but yeah......Nope.

San Louis Obispo sure was a beautiful city though.

Just because the season hasn't gone as we thought is no reason for a coaching change. Kramer is one of the best coaches in this conference. Did everyone forget he is the reiging Big Sky coach of the year. He is getting us talent and all conference players. Yes this season hasn't been good but a new OC, a new QB, and a defense who lost two all conference players. The future is still bright for this program so no need to hit the panic button and implode everything and start over. These kind of seasons happen to the best programs sometimes things just don't go as we thought they would and you just move on to the next game and play for a win.

Uh Kramer is not going anywhere. He stays until he retires. Hes one of the all time coaches in the Big Sky and you dont get rid of people like that and you have to be someone who is misinformed, poorly informed, or uninformed to think otherwise. There are a lot of things right about this program that yielded good results last year and will continue to do so in the future. Sanders played better against BSU then the USC transfer to Hawaii did with Don Bailey and Norm Chow running the show. Sanders is getting better and the defense is learning and growing up. Were fine. Again its nice to see people getting upset because they are not winning. It means people are invested.

I want Kramer to be here until he doesn't want to be. People tend to really forget that it is very probable that ISU would have lost its football program without Kramer coming in and tackling the APR situation.

Not saying that this staff won't make some changes or reassignments in the offseason but not suggesting they need to either.

You could tell when fall camp started that the Bengals would have depth issues and be playing lots young kids on the defensive side of the ball. They lost two all league picks in the fall and had two JC kids that they expected to start not be able to play. They also had another JC kids that missed most of fall practice with an injury. The defensive line is going to be very good in the future and defense in general will benefit from the playing experience this year.

The defense in general seems unsure of where it needs to be lined up. I see lots of confusion every game with kids bouncing around unsure of where to be aligned before the snap. This tells me that they have lots of young players playing or they are late making substitutions and/or defensive calls.

Offensively, losing a OC and having a new JC QB that did not have the benefits of the spring really hurt out of the gate. The tough things about JC kids is that lots of times you only see the polished product for one season--the 2nd year.

Where I will be incredibly critical of Kramer is on special teams. Idaho State who has had a tradition of playing bad football does not have a history of having poor punters and kickers. If ISU is not recruiting scholarship kickers they need to be. Kramer has stated in the past that he will never have a scholarship punter or kicker--not sure if that is still the case or not. Declining to return punts (this changed against Poly) is just plain silly.

Scheduling is just stupid and you hear Kramer starting to bitch about it too. He tries to toe the line and be a good trooper but this schedule hurt this team massively. You cannot ask a team to play 5 out of 6 on the road. The money games aren't going away, nothing we can ever do about that. However, if you can play one for more money then play one and not two for less. At the very least try to play three every two years instead of four.

Our schedule is pathetic. I will never, ever understand why we schekule BSU in football. It consistently yields a net negative for the football program and the entire institution. If our schedule is handed to us by the conference then so be it, but if we planned 4 consecutive away games then someone needs to be taken to the wood shed.

Our athletic financial position is not strong enough to continue the current sloppy execution. Most contributors don't understand the issues and difficulties required to turn a program around, expecially one depleted as ours. They focus on the score. They know how long slop ball has been played at ISU. So, one effect of poor athletic achievement is lower contributions for the entire institution--not good. Another obvious trend is poor fan, student, and alumni attendence. This season is not making Tingey's job easy. We desperately need to construct, modernize, and update our athletic facilities. But recent performances are not going to bring donors of any size to the coffers and certently not put butts in the seats. These burp fanny performances need to be replaced with a much higher sence of urgency. When you have to designate practice time to educate players about side line enthusiasm, you have to wonder how close we really are to making the necessay program fixes.

Bengal Cub...I am sick of hearing that Kramer saved the APR situation...I believe the credit should go the athletic administration, ie: the Compliance officer, which I do not know who that was, but it would be my guess that no matter what coach came in we would have had the same result. I am still baffled how ISU football received a perfect 1000 score that first year when I know players quit.

billcody said:
Bengal Cub...I am sick of hearing that Kramer saved the APR situation...I believe the credit should go the athletic administration, ie: the Compliance officer, which I do not know who that was, but it would be my guess that no matter what coach came in we would have had the same result. I am still baffled how ISU football received a perfect 1000 score that first year when I know players quit.

Still going with your story that you're a Montana State alum?

JJB...Yes, I am still proud to be a Montana State alumni and for your information there are QUITE A few Montana State alumni in eastern Idaho, since Montana State has a top-ranked engineering school. I have lived in Eastern Idaho for quite a few years and have many friends in Pocatello and surrounding area. I am not necessarily a Bengal fan but I am a Kramer hater. I do watch the news and read the newspaper. I don't know what you are implying but I do not believe that Kramer is the ONLY COACH in the USA that could save Idaho State Football.

The administration, academic support and the players themselves deserve a ton of credit. However, Kramer embraced the situation, partnered with the administration to make academics a priority and grew the program with very limited options as it pertains to recruiting. Kramer lost scholarships and practice time--was forced to recruit a different student athlete and still managed to build a team that won 8 games last season.

You said this:

"And one more thing let u know nothing I for one, commend the players that have stayed with the program...instead of knocking them give them some credit for sticking it out...Kramer has had players leave his program also which is going to hurt the APR. If I remember correctly the reason Tingey gave Zamberlin his extension was because the players were doing so good in the class room and community."

and...

"The APR is a complicated process and I believe it is a 4 year average...the attrition of players is as important as the classroom...that is why the players leaving Kramers program is going to bite ISU in butt!"

and...

Yes, PBP...boise is the BLIND ONE....I really can't figure out how ISU conveniently got a PERFECT APR in football (only 4 schools) when so many players left the program...AND FRANK...another example of LIP SERVICE...During Tingey's press conference that is EXACTLY what he said, Zamberlain was given the extension because the players were doing so good in the classroom and community...so who is lieing here...I, personally, do not believe a word that comes out of Tingey or Kramer's mouths...Another thing, Frank...you are at another University and not part of the inner circle at ISU so I really don't think you know what may happen to Kramer. Not all fans have bought into the "KRAMER PLAN"...go to Chase Glorfield's blog at the Journal and read Maggie6's comments...he is very knowledgable concerning ISU football and the Big Sky...I am sure he would comment on the Den but Bengal Blub blocks anybody that isn't a Kramer or Tingey supporter.

Then...

You jump on here and state that if you don't agree with Tingey or Kramer you get banned from the board. Yet you are still here posting your opinions for years without being banned. You constantly make references to people being banned? Who are you making reference to? Who has been banned--tell me? I know of two in six years...enlighten me?

You sound like a disgruntled Krosch to me...still...

billcody said:
JJB...Yes, I am still proud to be a Montana State alumni and for your information there are QUITE A few Montana State alumni in eastern Idaho, since Montana State has a top-ranked engineering school. I have lived in Eastern Idaho for quite a few years and have many friends in Pocatello and surrounding area. I am not necessarily a Bengal fan but I am a Kramer hater. I do watch the news and read the newspaper. I don't know what you are implying but I do not believe that Kramer is the ONLY COACH in the USA that could save Idaho State Football.

My ISU education taught me that I am an ISU alumnus. The plural would be alumni. Sorry, a pet peeve of mine.

Engineers aren't dumb people. But your [cough]MSU education[/cough] taught you that, right? You've misused that at least twice now.

Latest posts

Back