• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Chat live - Portland State Game

demian said:
bhumble said:
bill_idaflls said:
PSU doesn't need to pass

for sure. It sounds like we are getting dominated a the LOS on both sides of the ball.

There ball carriers are quite simply just BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER than our defense. We just simply cant tackle them, they are too big and run with too much power and explosion. Im not trying to be critical of anybody, it just is what it is sometimes

That is the root of the problem. ISU can't get the great players. Look at their record over the last 20 years.

Portland State has a huge OL and their RB's and QB can run the ball well. Another team has to have a very good defense to stop their rushing attack. It is apparent to me that our defense cannot handle a good rushing game. How can our offense have a chance when our defense gives up that many points at half time?

up for the challenge said:
Portland State has a huge OL and their RB's and QB can run the ball well. Another team has to have a very good defense to stop their rushing attack. It is apparent to me that our defense cannot handle a good rushing game. How can our offense have a chance when our defense gives up that many points at half time?

How big does the O-LINE have to be? We have 300+? Size is important but is it desire then? I guess all I could think of to say would be: Can anyone here play this game?

bill_idaflls said:
up for the challenge said:

How big does the O-LINE have to be? We have 300+? Size is important but is it desire then? I guess all I could think of to say would be: Can anyone here play this game?

you need to be an athlete too. Not just big.

we actually have started to play a lot better on defense the last handful of minutes of 2nd qtr and then to begin this 3rd qtr

I guess what I mean is that Portland State OL is pushing our DL and LB's around. Portland is picking up positive yardage on almost every carry. Our OL is unable to do the same against Portland State.

I like the offense play with both Jakori Ford and Michael Dean in on the same play. It gives you an option to give the ball to Jakori on hand off or fake the handoff to Jakori and give ball to MD on end around or fake to both and pass. It gives time for the receivers to run their patterns and the defense cannot anticpate pass or run.

bill_idaflls said:
Also like the running of Ty Flanagan. Good, strong, young player. We're set for the future.

I agree i like flannigan too. Onward and upward. Bad matchup for us today

I like Ty Flanagan on short yardage plays as he runs with power. A lot of time remaining 45 - 14 with 12:32 to go in 4th Qtr . Let's see if we can put a drive together starting on our own 20 yard line.

anything that looks 'good' is likely due to portland state playing their 3rd string
this is an old fashioned ass whuppin

spartan said:
anything that looks 'good' is likely due to portland state playing their 3rd string
this is an old fashioned ass whuppin

Yes. But, a lot of players are getting a chance to play on both sides--especially ISU. Not a bad thing.

Latest posts

Back