• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Chat Live - UND vs ISU

bengalcub said:
As a one time moderator of this message board, I can tell you it is challenging. Behind the scenes, posters are always asking for someone to be banned. It is exhausting, really. Especially, when a team is losing or struggling. L

With regards to the rules. No threats or abusive language or the revealing of a persons true identity and personal information. Personal information meaning where a person lives or works, phone numbers and things of that nature.

Link below if you want clarification from him directly on something. Send Chris and email or PM if needed. He is a good dude and has done a great service by making this board available for fans.

http://www.bigskyfans.com/bengals/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=464

Guess I partially banned myself by using some identifiers in my user name. :) I did that because I thought I would hold myself more accountable for what I said. Using a *mask* is acceptable--just not my choice.

bhumble said:
:thumbdown:

Feel free to ban me anytime you want. that would only reduce your active users by 10%. :ohno:

Obviously your not a 1st amendment guy.

Humble:

The number of users on the site doesn't impact me in any way, shape or form. It's not like I'm getting paid anything.

Part of the reason (and I've seen this on other sites I help at) that participation is smaller is because people get tired of the garbage, the nonsense and just say "the heck with it."

As far as the first amendment, nothing in that says anyone has the right to insult, bully or act like a clown to people over a message board (which wasn't even a thought in the framers of the Constitution at the time). Use some common sense, have a little common politeness and decency.

I'm not going to get into a political debate with you or anyone on this issue so just let it go.

Everyone knows the standards, so just stick to them and all will be well.

If anymore chooses to not participate anymore that's their choice.

PBP

PBP said:
bengalcub said:
PBP has a tough gig here. I felt the same way that he feels now. I will ban who I want when I want and it doesn't matter what anyone says. But, he can politely ask someone to stop something and usually that quiets things down.

In fact, if I remember correctly, he asked me to ban someone or remove post made by a member. This member posted a picture of the radio broadcast team. I can't remember what the picture was but it was edited to be funny. He told me at that time, if I didn't remove it, he wouldn't participate in the den any longer. I don't think he made a post again until I stepped away. I explained at the time what Chris had told me. We aren't in the game of banning or censoring.

I have seen his references on here about how he would take control and not let things get out of hand. Unlike what I did. That is his prerogative but if he does it this board will continue to dwindle into participation by player parents, Idaho State Athletics employees, Radio Team broadcasters and/or contractors.

Winning make EGRIZ a hit make no mistake. But, having a thicker skin and letting fans have a place to talk smack, debate and irritate one another is what a fan board is all about. You can see this everywhere across the nation.

I get asked all the time via PM and email why I would ever turn this site over to a person that works for Idaho State. Well, I didn't. It's not my board. Even if in the beginning I thought it was.

Bengal:

To be clear I have sent messages privately to the people involved asking them to show some respect and common sense.

And if the folks in charge don't want me helping out anymore all they need to do is let me know. No problem. Then certain individuals can act like they wish instead of actually doing what you wish, to talk sports.

I volunteered to help out because after you left apparently there was no one willing to even attempt to try to help.

Internet bullying has nothing to do with "thicker skin" it's an ego deal, childish and drives more people away then promote the site or anything.

That's the way I look at it but again feel free to let whomever know and if they ask I'll be happy to step away and you can do or anyone can do whatever you wish.

And remember something else, I HAVE NOT BANNED anybody yet. I've been asking for common courtesy and respect among the posters / discussions. That's all. I haven't stopped anybody from saying anything, positive or negative about ISU sports, that's not my place and that wouldn't be right.

PBP

Tacoma5 said:
I think PBP is doing a damn fine job! :twocents:

I appreciate the kind words. I'm doing the best I can to try to make anyone who wants to participate be able to do so without being concerned at all about being insulted or ridiculed.

I learned a long time ago no mater what you do or try to do someone is going to be upset about it.

So be it.

How about everyone go back to talking about ISU sports shall we?

PBP

It's a free country... a poster can participate or not...its up to them.

Wish humble well. Even though he used a word that is unacceptable after everyone was warned, I'll cut him some slack this time since he said he was taking a break anyway.

PBP

Latest posts

Back