• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Chat Live - UND vs ISU

spartan said:
performance on third down passing is important to win games in the big sky conference whoever is responsible for third down passing for Idaho state football will have to do a better job for Idaho state to succed on third down passing in the big sky conference for Idaho state university football to win games

7-16 3rd down efficiency. 4.5 yards average per pass. Passed the ball 49 times for 220 yards.

up for the challenge said:
We always seem to be short on 3rd down passes. I do not know if it is because Gueller is being pressured so releases the ball early. The receivers need to get to the first down marker before he releases the ball. Too many 3 and out.

Good observation. From my experience with football I'd have to say that when a team is passing on almost every down, and it's third and long, the defense will send everyone to attack the QB. So, yes! I think it's because the QB doesn't have a lot of time to pass. ISU's offense is so predictable. They need a coach with some creativity like Peterson who was Boise State's coach before going to the University of Washington recently.

in order to win in the big sky conference football games idaho state universitys football team needs to be unpredictable.... the best way to win in big sky football conference football games is to have a coach with creativity....... the only way for idaho state university football be successful in the big sky conference football season is to be creative and unpredictable...... is kramer responsible for unpredictability and creativity for the idaho state university big sky football team who plays in the big sky conference....?

Reborn2010 Good observation. From my experience with football I'd have to say that when a team is passing on almost every down said:
Unfortunately offensive minds like Peterson are few and far between. There is some truth in your comment in my opinion and Mike himself on the postgame show mentioned that all the short passes are basically no different from other teams stretch runs and he does have a point.

He also said they are trying to go deeper and more vertical. Matt Troxel told me he is working with Tanner to not go through his reads so quickly. That if he'll wait that additional second, guys will get open downfield. I mentioned that during the game yesterday.

Sounds to me like it is a combination of a still inexperienced quarterback and a beat up offensive line contributing to part of the issue.

PBP

Is it possible for Spartan to stop mocking certain posters including myself as soon as they post? What is his deal?

I think he does it to get a rise out of you which is why I suggested that you ignore it or respond with humor.

If (when) I feel he has crossed the line steps will be taken. Everyone (including yourself) has been warned about certain areas / words so I feel I've been fair to all.

I don't like what he does but he hasn't actually violated specific rules to the best of my knowledge. I will check though to see if his "wording" can be construed as such.

PBP

PBP said:
Reborn2010 Good observation. From my experience with football I'd have to say that when a team is passing on almost every down said:
Unfortunately offensive minds like Peterson are few and far between. There is some truth in your comment in my opinion and Mike himself on the postgame show mentioned that all the short passes are basically no different from other teams stretch runs and he does have a point.

He also said they are trying to go deeper and more vertical. Matt Troxel told me he is working with Tanner to not go through his reads so quickly. That if he'll wait that additional second, guys will get open downfield. I mentioned that during the game yesterday.

Sounds to me like it is a combination of a still inexperienced quarterback and a beat up offensive line contributing to part of the issue.

PBP

But I will say that Gueller looked a lot better this week. A WHOLE LOT BETTER. And the offensive line, although not where they need to be, I do see progress. No interceptions this week. And we will need a running game if we hope to become a winning team. But one step at a time. I felt it was a really good game.

[/quote] But I will say that Gueller looked a lot better this week. A WHOLE LOT BETTER. And the offensive line, although not where they need to be, I do see progress. No interceptions this week. And we will need a running game if we hope to become a winning team. But one step at a time. I felt it was a really good game.[/quote]

I did too frankly, a break here or there and they win it. Nothing like the two blow out road losses.

PBP

PBP said:
Is it possible for Spartan to stop mocking certain posters including myself as soon as they post? What is his deal?

I think he does it to get a rise out of you which is why I suggested that you ignore it or respond with humor.

If (when) I feel he has crossed the line steps will be taken. Everyone (including yourself) has been warned about certain areas / words so I feel I've been fair to all.

I don't like what he does but he hasn't actually violated specific rules to the best of my knowledge. I will check though to see if his "wording" can be construed as such.

PBP
Where can I read said rules?

Good question. That's why I have to check on this with the folks who started and run this site.

PBP

As a one time moderator of this message board, I can tell you it is challenging. Behind the scenes, posters are always asking for someone to be banned. It is exhausting, really. Especially, when a team is losing or struggling. L

I had some issues with people posting under multiple username. They would create multiple identities to make a point or to create the illusion that multiple people shared the same view. Trust me on this, players and coaches post on this board and Idaho State athletics monitor what is going on here. I made the mistake of banning a few folks early on in an attempt to clean things up. I never banned a single person for years after this because it isn't my choice if no rules are broken.

With regards to the rules. No threats or abusive language or the revealing of a persons true identity and personal information. Personal information meaning where a person lives or works, phone numbers and things of that nature. Those are the only things that can get you banned. Chris (the administrator of the board) told me that this is a fan board and he doesn't want to discourage posters from posting by threatening to ban someone. They want the traffic and they are fine with drama. Banning is an absolute last resort. If a person is pissing you off or frustrating you, just ignore them or feel free to take them on without threats or abusive language. It's all fair game. This is a board for the fans and these message boards can be brutal.

Link below if you want clarification from him directly on something. Send Chris and email or PM if needed. He is a good dude and has done a great service by making this board available for fans.

http://www.bigskyfans.com/bengals/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=464

Bengal:

Thanks for the clarification. That's an interesting take on things from those in charge.

I help on other boards that have a very strick (or much stricker) policy. They want discussions not insults, threats and things of that nature. If the only thing that can get you "banned" for a period of time is revealing personal information then basically it is "anything goes" in my opinion.

Which means civility is out the window given the way folks are today.

"It's all fair game" in my opinion is not the way to do things. You drive more individuals away then bring new ones in, I've seen it at other sites that I've been associated with for 11 years or more.

I'll let Chris know my feelings on this and make sure those are the limitations.

PBP

Is calling someone an idiot/stupid/dipstick abusive? I understand that profanity is not acceptable? I'm thinking of one specific individual out of the 10 or 12 that post on this site.

Go read some threads on egriz, they're abusive but they also have the most active blog in the BSC by a long shot.

bhumble said:
Just to be clear, I am not advocating banning anyone. I love the first amendment.

I love civil discussion and showing respect more. So I'll do what needs to be done if forced into it. And yes I absolutely consider calling someone an idiot, stupid or a dipstick abusive. Just letting everyone know this ahead of time.

I could care less what some other web site does or does not do, period.

Oh by the way Montana's web site might be the most active because they seem to win everything in the Big Sky Conference or at the very least have a long history of success in football and men's and women's basketball. That "might" have a little to do with it. ;)

PBP

:thumbdown:

Feel free to ban me anytime you want. that would only reduce your active users by 10%. :ohno:

:thumbdown:

Feel free to ban me anytime you want. that would only reduce your active users by 10%. :ohno:

Obviously your not a 1st amendment guy.

PBP - I do not have an issue with posters disagreeing with my comments if they explain why they disagree. That is good discussion even though posters may disagree. Other posters jump in and say what they want to say. Nothing wrong with that as long as that poster understands he may get a comment back in return. Personally, as long as there is no profanity said than I think it is ok to continue the discussion until you decide enough is a enough and tell them to stop or you will delete the topic. I think banning a poster is not the way to go unless there is continued use of profanity.

...I don't have a "dog in this fight"....but bhumble makes a couple of good points....first amendment, etc....and I think bengalcub adds great clarification ...."idiot, stupid." is mild compared to what I have seen in the past on this board....and "dipstick" BEING "abusive"...really ?....lol....that's a stretch....

....some people "bait" others on this board....I've read it time and time again....must just be how they are....they probably do it in real life....only here they can hide behind a "pretend name"...as bengalcub said...ignore it...

...i'd rather talk ISU sports....but I will tell you something for sure ...bengalcub handled things differently....i'm guessing he might send a private message if need be...but as bhumble alluded to (my guess)....and bengalcub said...first amendment and "fair game"...if folks posting here " can't handle the heat , stay out of the kitchen"...as bengalcub stated "they want the traffic, and are fine with the drama"....(refer back to the "dipstick" word...lol)......t's a forum...NOT a podium for the NEW board moderator......

.....sure miss you bengalcub...... :coffee:

PBP has a tough gig here. I felt the same way that he feels now. I will ban who I want when I want and it doesn't matter what anyone says. But, he can politely ask someone to stop something and usually that quiets things down.

In fact, if I remember correctly, he asked me to ban someone or remove post made by a member. This member posted a picture of the radio broadcast team. I can't remember what the picture was but it was edited to be funny. He told me at that time, if I didn't remove it, he wouldn't participate in the den any longer. I don't think he made a post again until I stepped away. I explained at the time what Chris had told me. We aren't in the game of banning or censoring.

I have seen his references on here about how he would take control and not let things get out of hand. Unlike what I did. That is his prerogative but if he does it this board will continue to dwindle into participation by player parents, Idaho State Athletics employees, Radio Team broadcasters and/or contractors.

Winning make EGRIZ a hit make no mistake. But, having a thicker skin and letting fans have a place to talk smack, debate and irritate one another is what a fan board is all about. You can see this everywhere across the nation.

I get asked all the time via PM and email why I would ever turn this site over to a person that works for Idaho State. Well, I didn't. It's not my board. Even if in the beginning I thought it was.

Latest posts

Back