• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Coaching Carousel

Beardown

What the heck is happening to the turnover on the staff? Coach Ed hasn't coached one play of college football but so far we've gone through a number of assistant coaches. Three offensive line coaches, I believe two different db coaches, now we will need a new offensive coordinator and running backs coach.

Also, it's my understanding coming from former players that Coach Ed's office door has not really exactly open like it was with Collins. He is relishing the "star" coach and is not exactly there for the players.

It must be hard to deal with all the problems of keeping everyone onboard in this Covid disruption. I wonder if the assistant coaches were getting their full pay while they were not allowed to be working with the players. It might be a factor in the turnover. Hopefully things will get settled down and they can get down to the business of making a great team.

It is alarming as you would think working for Ed would be an amazing opportunity. Leads me to believe we may not have the budget to support this.

It must be hard to find someone at this late in the program to take over as offensive coordinator. They have been working on trying to set up a system and then at the last moment they might have to start from square one again. Is there anyone on the current staff that could continue with the offense that was in place when Baldwin left? It would nice for players not having to learn a completely new system before they they even mastered the original system. We don't seem to get much information on what is going on with the progress of the team like other schools seem to put out to keep their fans interested until the season actually starts. They should have a public relation person report on what is happening to keep us up with what is going on with the Bears.

Does it seem strange to anyone that we have not posted a replacement for the team's offensive coordinator yet? It would appear that they would want someone to be in the position to bring in a new playbook and philosophy to the team as early as possible so that the players have something to study and digest before the official practice season begins in August. I hope we get someone that has the ability to move and motivate the team on to some wins and make football exciting again at UNC.

Yes, but I assume it's McCaffrey's O and the OC will only be a figurehead and Ed will be the de-facto OC...

[media]https://twitter.com/unc_bearsfb/status/1401659272908447748?s=21[/media]Something being announced tomorrow. No idea what or who.

bearhawk said:
[media]https://twitter.com/unc_bearsfb/status/1401659272908447748?s=21[/media]Something being announced tomorrow. No idea what or who.
Never mind; it’s just to announce a season ticket sale.

Looks like we got a PAC 10 graduate transfer though on defense:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4372735/zach-angelillo

bearhawk said:
He’s a fullback. Looks like he has 3 years left.

Good grief, I totally misread that. Thank you.

Awesome that he has that much time as a graduate transfer.

At this point, I think it's safe to say coach McCafrey will be the o.c., but I'm not sure who is coaching the running backs. Good grief, it's been over two months without one, he may as well call all of the plays.

Hey Beardiwn you’re a clown, Collins was an absolute joke, the program was a joke, we will be better, sounds like you got your feelings hurt somewhere along the way 🤣

Beanhead said:
Hey Beardiwn you’re a clown, Collins was an absolute joke, the program was a joke, we will be better, sounds like you got your feelings hurt somewhere along the way 🤣

Knock it off with the personal attacks. Attack the position not the person please.

I don't think anyone on here would defend Collins and his record. We all spent the last 3 years wondering why he was still here. That being said, it's still fair to question how someone is doing the job as his replacement.

They haven’t played a single game and posters on here want him gone, let’s see since he’s showed up they replaced the turf on the practice fields, started the new performance center and putting turf on the game field and got rid off a ton of players that didn’t need to be here as well as coaches, X’s anO’s are X’s and O’s Jimmy’s and Joe’s including coaches are what makes the difference. . Can’t wait for the eating of crow in December by some of these posters!!

Beanhead said:
They haven’t played a single game and posters on here want him gone, let’s see since he’s showed up they replaced the turf on the practice fields, started the new performance center and putting turf on the game field and got rid off a ton of players that didn’t need to be here as well as coaches, X’s anO’s are X’s and O’s Jimmy’s and Joe’s including coaches are what makes the difference. . Can’t wait for the eating of crow in December by some of these posters!!

And I think that's fair. Just remember that a lot of us here have been huge fans going back to our Division II days (which were amazing). We have put up with some mediocre to really bad coaching since 2006 so we are a bit gun shy when it comes to optimism.

Go Bears!

I do feel like this program needed to be nuked from orbit and started from scratch. So I'm going to trust the process, and the fact that we needed a complete teardown and reconstruction to try and fix whatever has been going on since moving to the FBS. I figured this wasn't going to be easy as the quality of talent has been so bad recently.

Agree 100% there were a lot of coaches and players from the previous regime that needed to go, the culture had to be changed across the board!

Latest posts

Back