• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Coaching Staff?

I’m excited because all of them have been successful and all of them are quality people. Don’t forget Gus Malzahn went from HS to Arkansas in 2006 as the OC and was the National IC of the year that year. Also the culture at UNC has to change so I think you have to consider that part of the equation, X’s and O’s Are the same at any level. Only time will tell but this staff is better than the staff from last year IMO, the staff last year didn’t even know all the players, so I think we are already ahead of the curve, looking forward with optimism and hope!

How anyone could not be happy with this new coaching staff is beyond me especially after where we have been for the last 10 or 12 years . Go Bears

Who's going to coach the o-line? That has been the weakest part of the team and they did not name a coach for that position?

They still have two spots available, the NCAA allows 10 on field coaches they have only 8 so far counting the HC

Beardown said:
Who's going to coach the o-line? That has been the weakest part of the team and they did not name a coach for that position?
They named coaches for each offensive position except for QB and OL. I assume Baldwin will work with QBs and Moe is mostly an offensive coach and has prior OL experience, so I’d say it’s Moe. Kind of weird that everybody else gets listed with their position but he’s listed as just assistant coach. Maybe they’re still hashing our responsibilities and will finalize it later.

Also interesting is that we still have two spots to fill. I would assume they would be on the defensive side, but maybe they’re looking at Moe on defense and bringing in somebody else at OL. Whatever they do, I’d wager the last two are currently employed on college staffs and we won’t hear about them until after signing day.

Looks like an OL Coach has been added Josh Ogelsby played at Wisconsin and has been on staff at 4 D1 programs.

I saw were Marty English is going to coach defensive ends at Wyo. I think we will regret not hiring him back. I saw that Nick Fulton is offensive coordinator at Colorado Mesa. I'm happy to see both of these guys land on their feet. Has Collins been offered anything?

Not sure what either one of them would have brought to this team, the offense was a joke, that as one of the worst jobs of utilizing personnel I’ve ever seen, Knipp was not a spread QB, Fulton was overrated IMO, he had success in the RMAC because of the huge talent gap, and statistically we had one of the worst defenses in the FCS

Beardown said:
I saw were Marty English is going to coach defensive ends at Wyo. I think we will regret not hiring him back. I saw that Nick Fulton is offensive coordinator at Colorado Mesa. I'm happy to see both of these guys land on their feet. Has Collins been offered anything?

Is the Armory still looking for help... :coffee:

Beanhead said:
Not sure what either one of them would have brought to this team, the offense was a joke, that as one of the worst jobs of utilizing personnel I’ve ever seen, Knipp was not a spread QB, Fulton was overrated IMO, he had success in the RMAC because of the huge talent gap, and statistically we had one of the worst defenses in the FCS

Fulton, yes, was a bad hire...but coach English is so respected around college football, especially in CO. I think it might have made a mistake in hiring another high school coach to run the defense. OC's around the conference are probably salivating; we don't have the horses yet to compete with offenses and now we have a guy who has never coached a single down in college football.

Latest posts

Back