• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

EWU game

bengalfanatic

Obviously there are a lot of mixed feelings about the season rt now to say the least...but what do you think will happen this weekend against the eagles?

bengalfanatic said:
Obviously there are a lot of mixed feelings about the season rt now to say the least...but what do you think will happen this weekend against the eagles?

ISU 20, EWU 17

I think that it would be a great showing if, naturally we were leading, or if we were trailing by no more than 10 points going into the fourth quarter. Small steps, Sparky.
How about a guess on the crowd for Homecoming - 7,000?

I really don't think you guys have any idea how good EWU is and how marginal ISU is right now.

Realistically:

EWU 34

ISU 7

boisebengal said:
I really don't think you guys have any idea how good EWU is and how marginal ISU is right now.

Realistically:

EWU 34

ISU 7

Don't think you have any idea how sad it is to see so many negative nancy's such as yourself on this forum of supposed fans.

I'm not being negative, just realistic -- that's all. I love my Bengals and will support them always through thick and thin. I could just go ahead and predict them to win like many of you all, and I hope they do. But then I'd be living in fantasy land. People can come here and say what they want without fear of censorship from guys like you.

boisebengal said:
I'm not being negative, just realistic -- that's all. I love my Bengals and will support them always through thick and thin. I could just go ahead and predict them to win like many of you all, and I hope they do. But then I'd be living in fantasy land. People can come here and say what they want without fear of censorship from guys like you.

Censorship? What kind of paranoid delusion is that? With a perpetual loser attitude like so many "fans" display here it is no wonder at all the team lacks the winning spirit and doesn't get results. The community counts!!! Rah-Rah is essential for a winning program. It's a huge factor. And clearly a big problem for the Bengals when the fan board is laced with so much negativity. You think the kids don't read this stuff? Think again.

Maybe they read the board but can it truly be worse than looking across at the north stands and seeing so many fans disguised as empty seats? Maybe they ought to switch dugouts so they can look across at the student section and maybe see a few more people out to watch them play. Plus, the students could heckle the heck out of the visiting team.

It is, you're trying to tell people how to act on this board -- now cut it out!! People will do what they want, and all predictions don't have to be in favor of ISU -- regardless of what you think. I'll be over there for the game, I'm probably one of the ISU's most ardent boosters and supporters. But when you see the size and speed that EWU has relative to ISU's, we're not going to match up -- I guarantee it. If ISU wins I'll be glad to eat my words. Our talent level is worse than it was a few years ago and it's just more difficult to match up against better teams. Now let's just end this dialogue here.

ISU NEEDS a win badly... for the fans, for the community for the team. They are not quitters. They play at home against a the Eagles. ISU gets their win... ISU 27 - EWU 24.

I know, I drink a lotta Kool-Aid. But it's orange Kool-Aid.

bengalcub said:
ISU-Hope, progress, 100% effort
EWU-Who cares

Cub - you took those words right off my computer as I agree with your prediction. However, to translate it into numbers, in my opinion the score will be:

ISU: 21
EWU: 35
Announced/paid attendance: 5400

ISU will come out strong and play better as a team than last week. ISU will get an early score, get some momentum. However, the EWU overall size/speed/talent take over. QB Nichols and WR Boyce cause fits to an improved ISU DEF. ISU stops the streak of getting punts blocked at the expense of giving up one or two "game changing" returns. ISU RUSH OFF will get positive yards, but not near enough to pose as a consistent threat to take pressure off of the ISU PASS OFF.

Although Coach Z will spend more time overseeing the OL, any positive changes/adjustments will come and they'll get better, but not as quickly as this week. Too much thinking going on up front and not enough playing on instinct/reaction. ISU's success of giving hope, improvement, and the best chance to win rests primarily on the OL. If the OL can get the job done, ISU OFF can move the chains, sustain some drives and give the ISU DEF much needed rest.

Interesting when someone asks for our opinion/prediction and it is not favorable then he gets branded as having a negative attitude. I am with you Boisebengal. Let's be realistic. I see an improved ISU team but not enough to get it done. EWU - 35 ISU - 21

I agree with you Jalopy and BoiseBengal.

I love it when friends and relatives of players or employees of Idaho State University get on here and chastise folks that have been Bengal supporters for years.

Who cares if the players read this? They should deal with fan boards the way that the coaches should--by not paying attention to it. In fact, they are advised to stay off of fan boards as are the coaches. It doesn't mean that all of them follow through with that advice, but it is smart advice nonetheless.

I will simply state that this board is not any different from any fan board across the nation. If a player is going to lose sleep or a recruit is going to make a decision on whether or not to come to Pocatello based on what they read here...they should not be playing or coaching at this level.

Latest posts

Back