• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

FIVE MINUTES TIL GAME TIME

isusid said:
we have stats at the ISU home games... :)

ISUSID

Indeed, Frank, that was part of my comment. I'm sure Idaho is just having technical problems today, but gee, no Live Stats, no stats in the radio booth?

Regarding the onside kick... It looked like it hit the back of the one of the players, whether it was ISU's or Idaho's players before the ball was finally recovered. That was my initial take, anyway.

My 2 problems are as follows: Our brilliant OC Orthmann, and Russell Hill underthrowing receivers. The picks that he underthrew to Isaiah are embarassing for him. Plus, he is always throwing the ball underneath on 3rd down. What is the difference between 4th and 3, and 4th and 8? If we would just gash people with the run, we would be 1-1, coming home with momentum...

Wow...ok...omg, we are 0-2 with a faulty schedule...

I was at the Pressbox watching the game. The 5-wide is frustrating, I know...with the RB's we got, we should have more carries. I agree wholeheartedly. But still, you guys are tearing into Hill like he killed somebody. Come on, stop it. Like anyone of us on this board can play QB?!

I want the run more than anything. Hey, here's an idea: Call in Coach's Show or write him. Ask for some running. Get in touch, communicate!!!

The most IMPORTANT THING is to just have some patience and keep supporting the team. Look, us Buckeyes can't stand Jim Heacock (the D-Coordinator) because of his damned soft zone defense (that defense defies Ohio State tradition, I think). He's not aggressive enough. Tressel annoys us because he stands by Todd Boeckman even though he is really inconsistent. But we keep coming out no matter what.

tuffgong said:
My 2 problems are as follows: Our brilliant OC Orthmann, and Russell Hill underthrowing receivers. The picks that he underthrew to Isaiah are embarassing for him. Plus, he is always throwing the ball underneath on 3rd down. What is the difference between 4th and 3, and 4th and 8? If we would just gash people with the run, we would be 1-1, coming home with momentum...
Agree with tuff also. What the hell is our OC thinking for @$#^^^#^@&#^$^#&@#^@ sakes. Its not that hard to figure out. We fix the problem now! Not next game not 2 weeks from now but NOW people. RUN THE DAMN BALL! Did everyone see how when we went away from the 5receiver spread how we controlled the tempo and scored and held the ball longer!?!?!?!?!!? Not rocket science. Cmon Bengals

Agreed. Running the ball effectively helps the passing game as we noticed today. And what about TE's down the seam or the middle of the field.? We had none of it.
I am not going to say Hill cost us the game, however
I didn't like the way our QB performed today. He maybe threw 4 or 5 good balls. And shud have been picked a few more times actually. He rarely throws a spiral also. :e locked in on his receiver almost every time and hardly went thru his progressions to see other options. I noticed some backside receiver open many times only to be neglected.
I also want to know why Jason Jones never saw the field today either???? We r too light in a few spots on that line and I know he wasn't told he was coming to ride pine!!
They blew us away on the line in their run plays. You could've drove a van thru the holes out there.
We are going to need to make a ton of changes to show improvement in the BSC this year. Everyone else seems to have improved based upon first couple of weeks.

Believe me, the Vandals have had a tough week. The sports page in Boise suggested that this game could be the turning point in Vandal athletics. A loss could put what's left of their program in a tail spin that might not stop at the D1AA level (or whatever it's called now). I believe that coupled with buttgate, they came out to play at the beginning. Once they had the big lead, the Bengals more than held their own against them.

I don't understand the lack of the ground game at the beginning of the game. Once they spread the passes around and threw in a few running plays, boom... they are back in the game.

Hill didn't have the greatest game, but I hardly call 30-35 pass completions (4 TD's) only 4-5 good balls. Don't forget ISU had 5-7 drops as well.

This offense is going to be better when they run the ball to set up the pass, period. When you ask Hill or anyone for that matter to throw the ball 65-70 times you are going to see some mistakes. Five wide sets tends to force the short passing game and today it did. I think he played fine, made some mistakes--but we will know more over the next few weeks.

Bottom line--run the ball more and show less of the five wide sets. The offense will be just fine against BSC caliber opponents.

I have saved some comments until today. I wanted to give them today until i gave my 2 cnts. I am very impressed with the O-line this year. They are doing a fine job and giving Hill all the time in the world to throw. That is refreshing to see our o-line doing a great job. I also see our running game hard to stop. Yea both teams are 1-a but Idaho is 1-aa caliber. OC play calling and special teams gets a (d) in my opinion on this game. I don't know if Hill is the answer for the the next 2 years either. With the amount of time he has had to throw or make other decisions in the Boise/Idaho games man i don't know? I thought Blum should have seen some time. 4 picks? overthrown or underthrown passes? I would say he has played average but not real good. I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt so we can decide what he is made of when we play to our caliber of play. All i know is the o-line is doing there job for him.

Latest posts

Back