• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Fullerton RB Joseph Hill to visit ISU this weekend.

bengalcub

Fullerton running back Joseph Hill could emerge as a recruit to watch the next couple of weeks.

The second-team All-County performer is taking an official recruiting trip this weekend to Idaho State. But there is a major Mountain West program that also has shown interest in the senior.

Hill said this week that the Utah Utes have expressed interest in him taking a recruiting trip to its Salt Lake City campus the weekend of Jan. 23.

Idaho State, coming off a one-win season, has offered Hill a scholarship.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

12 games
225 carries
1756 yards rushing
7.8 YPC
30TD's
Long of 98
156.90 YPG

I don't know what you guys think, but for the most part I think it's difficult for ISU to compete against most of the MWC teams for recruits. Although I think we can compete against many WAC and Mid-American teams for some quality players. But for a team like BSU, where their program is right now, it's tough to compete against them for recruits, unless it's a situation whereby they may offer a kid a chance to walk on and we'll offer a scholoarship. BSU's only offering five scholarships this year.

The way you compete for guys like this is to assure them that they will be getting the ball a minimum of 15-20+ times per game in our commitment to a running game. That's what a star caliber running back is gonna wanna know and hear. They don't want to go to a lower tier BSC team UNLESS they are gonna get the rock.
We have a lot to offer for the right RB. The position is wide open in my opinion. We don't have an everydown back with SPEED. Thru spring and summer, there should be opportunity to find out who the guy is that is gonna carry the load at tailback and a #2 that will get a respectable amount of carries and recpts coming out of the backfield. I will call it....a one, two punch.
One thing is for certain that we have determined: you are gonna need a couple of solid RB with speed and durability to last thru our schedule and be competitive in the Big Sky.

Actually, I believe that ISU has some good, FAST running backs already. LaPorta ran a 4.4 in in the summer with a slip on the start and Scott is listed at 4.35, I believe. What we really need is a: an offensive line that can hold blocks, b; play-calling that is innovative, emphasizes are strengthens and minimizes our weaknesses, and coaches who play the right players at the right time, for the right reasons. Anybody ask Whitworth why LaPorta never saw a touch in the Weber game until late in the second half? If you did, you wouldn't get the truth anyway. Nothing against Clint, but LaPorta had more yards per carry than any other RB on the team, even without the so-called 'garbage yards' he picked up at the end of the Weber State game. But Clint and Stew Tracy consistently played ahead of him. Other than the fact that Clint was a Senior and a tough SOB, does that make sense? Somebody needs to ask the hard questions of the RB coach. The fact that Coach Z doesn't have a clue either about his running back status is not a mark in his favor.

No back like Hill will come to ISU if you don't have the horses up front , even if you guarantee he will get the ball 30 times a game. How many times did we see our running backs get hammered just as they got the ball. Maybe a guy like the kid from EWU could have dodged that with his quickness and speed, but I doubt it. Kenyon was one of the shifty backs, but most of his yards were sideline to sideline, rather than up the field.

Let's concentrate on getting some O line help. Hopefully the play-calling has resolved itself with the new OC. Time will tell. If we get a back like Hill, great, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Without O-line help, we could have Adrian Peterson in the backfield and it wouldn't help.

Bfun you make some valid points primarily playing the right players at the right positions at the right times.
I guess I thought it was a giving for producing a solid OL and innovative play calling.
However, no disrespect to Bennie, but I don't think he can completely fulfill a #1 spot.
I'm not impressed with Tracy yet from what I've seen of him and Scott never recovered from his injury so who knows what we have there.
To draw a quality RB you are gonna have to commit to give him the rock.

"A source close to the football program has confirmed to Aggieville that Joseph Hill, a 6-foot-2 185 pound running back, now holds a formal offer from Gary Andersen and his coaching staff.

"He was offered sometime in the last 24 hours," the source told Aggieville. "The staff feels good about this one. They think he'll accept."

Hill is expected to visit this weekend, in what will be a huge couple of days for Utah State and its recruiting class."

Latest posts

Back