• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Great improvement

Pocatato just said the most sensible thing in this thread... Our defense is a JOKE and until we can get stops, play the field position battle, and lean on the D, we will never win more than 2 or 3 games in a season. How much would you all give to have the D, and the coaching of the 8-3 Bengal team from '02? That team's D was ballin' outta control. I really miss those days...

I too have heard the leaving rumors. It may be true, we could lose a few.
Wrong fit, treated wrong, didn't get a fair shake, WHATEVER.
I spoke with Fletcher about his role and intentions for next season at ISU, he did tell me that it has been difficult for him this year however, he was still committed to the team. So unless things have drastically changed in 2 weeks, I take the young man at his word.

I know this losing streak is hard on the mind, but if your heart ain't in it, then you aren't doing anyone any good. Those players on the fence need to make up their minds-"shit or get off pot" is the way I see it. I believe those that stay will be rewarded down the line.
If a player thinks they can do better elsewhere, peace be with them.

We will get RB's and QB. Count on it.
The athletes are out there to bring to ISU, we have to be better recruiters though, in finding the right players. Those that better fit the mold of a "Zamberlin" team.
Remember nearly half of roster could be considered LL recruits. The number will drop sharply after this season. And even though, I desired to see some other changes during the year, I am convinced that the necessary changes will be made in the off season on perhaps not just players, but staff as well (not saying firings of coaches, but changes to systems and schemes perhaps).

I agree and have said before that Christoff's departure hurt us. We need Z to have more of the head coach role and not have to be so committed to coaching the LB's not just during game, but also in practice. With that, Z should be able to spread his time and influence around more.

As for your request Blackfoot for 'statistical information' on the Hill vs. Blum debate, well, I won't deny your stats. Your stats don't tell of the circumstances of which they were accumulated. ie. late in games when we were out of facing 2's and 3's in cover 2 or loose prevent defenses and we were running spread only in the last 10 minutes of the game.

I am more inclined to look at the "we need to see what we have in Blum" theory.
Certainly the last 2.5 games of this "0 fer" season thus far, can be used to take a hard look at him.
I certainly don't think he was to blame for this Montana loss. He made some mistakes, none any different than what we have seen from Hill in the prior 10+ games, but I think the positives outweighed the negatives in evaluating his performance.
Let's not make this such a huge 'controversy' would you??!!

Latest posts

Back