• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Hill with broken thumb

916bengal

Wednesday in practice Russ Hill broke his thumb on his throwing hand. So he will most likely be out for Oklahoma. Uh Oh :(

Sum of a beeyatch. If he broke his thumb he will be out for more than Oklahoma, probably most if not all of the season. I'll bet at least 6-8 weeks. The only positive, he should get a medical hardship and have two more years. Kyle Blum needs to grow up quick--no debates now. I am confident that he will.

I am sure this is something that ISU wanted to keep quiet.

From a serious standpoint, that is a real shame for the youngster. From a selfish standpoint, it's a real shame for the Bengals - especially after watching last week's game. Ouch!
From a not so serious standpoint, it shouldn't affect the point spread very much.
Hopefully, Hill can make a comeback soon.

Is this confirmed? And the other question is HOW? Isn't there a plastic bubble around these QB's?

That really sucks! I was excited to watch him get out there and start. I hope he heals up sooner than later, no pun intended. Good luck to Blum. It will be a good game to get the jitters out.

Um....couple of things.....Russ practiced today...Russ led the two-minute offense on Wednesday to a FG at the end of practice, and my office only confirms injuries when a player is out, and Russ has not been declared out. If he had to miss the game for some reason, at that point would a reason be given.

I appreciate disregarding any HIPPA and FIRPA rules though, and for also having all sorts of media calling my house and cell phone all night long because of this post. My wife thanks you as well. 916, feel free to private message me so I can explain further.

ISUSID

I'm just stating the news I heard. What else is this board for? I'm glad he can possibly play on Saturday. I didnt think it was a huge secret, sorry ISUSID.

Would you like to inform the masses of any special formations or trick plays? Just curious...how did you hear this? Again, a private message is better, or an email at [email protected]. Trust me...I'm awake now for a while.

ISUSID

isusid said:
Um....couple of things.....Russ practiced today...Russ led the two-minute offense on Wednesday to a FG at the end of practice, and my office only confirms injuries when a player is out, and Russ has not been declared out. If he had to miss the game for some reason, at that point would a reason be given.

I appreciate disregarding any HIPPA and FIRPA rules though, and for also having all sorts of media calling my house and cell phone all night long because of this post. My wife thanks you as well. 916, feel free to private message me so I can explain further.

ISUSID

Well, Frank.........quite frankly (with respect to your family) that is your job.
I think that it is unfair of you try to suggest what is said on this "the fans forum" is to blame for your late night phone calls.

It is not like this is some TOP SECRET information from the Pentagon.
If we were in the middle of BSC play and Russ was the starter and this happened, I could possibly see the validity.
But, unfortunately, it probably won't matter much to this week's opponents if Russ plays or not in the game.
If Russ is indeed injured, I wish him a speedy recovery and hope it's not season threatening for him.

All I will say is that 916bengal's post is exactly why my phone and text messages have been going off from 9-10 pm tonight. The text messages I got all directly referenced that post, so yeah, I do blame it...time to try to go to bed again...gotta fly in the AM to OHHHHHHHHH-KLAHOMA!!!!

Whether it's top secret or not by the way isn't the point.

Go Bengals!

ISUSID

isusid said:
beAll I will say is that 916bengal's post is exactly why my phone and text messages have been going off from 9-10 pm tonight. The text messages I got all directly referenced that post, so yeah, I do blame it...time to try to go to bed again...gotta fly in the AM to OHHHHHHHHH-KLAHOMA!!!!

Whether it's top secret or not by the way isn't the point.

Go Bengals!

ISUSID

Here is a thought.........maybe your phone and text need to be going off more often then. lol
There were no laws or rules broken on this board.

P.S.
I thought you were gonna be up for a few hours??

We have had this debate before, nothing has change, injuries are one of the things you do not talk about on the message board. If you want to impress people with your inside knowledge, call them. Do you really think Frank is the only administrator coming on to message boards, all the schools have someone doing it. Why make it easy for the other teams to prepare for your team. It does not matter who the opponent is, you just don't do it.

In the paper today and on the news last night nothing said about anything and Hill was set to be the starter. Blum is excited to get back into the game time and show what he can do and did say he learned and will do better. Lets put this behind us and we all can learn from this and move on.

Im simply stating a fact that Oklahoma doesnt care what is said on this site. I believe 916 has a kid on the team so I doubt that.

Frank, sorry if I let the cat out of the bag. We will see how bad the thumb is tomorrow night I guess. I did not mean to give any other teams advantages over us. I am a huge Bengal fan. So I apologize to everyone on the board and good luck to the Bengals tomorrow night at OU.

Your missing the point, it is a bad practice for anyone to post injury reports on the message board. Granted, Oklahoma may not care, but Weber State does and so do the rest of the teams we play. Hill being injured changes the way you prepare for us as would losing Knickrelm or Burel. If the coaches had wanted this out they would have told the paper or Frank. 916 I have no clue who you are, or who provides you information you could only get from someone who is with the team, but I have been asked about you. You might want to watch what you post, it could get someone in trouble.

Latest posts

Back