• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

How much stock?

Bengal_believer

How much stock should we put into last weeks win? The D and O lines played poorly.... We cannot survive the tail end of the season if we cannot remedy those HUGE (pun intended) errors?

Cup half full: We are seeing improvements all over the place and few mental breakdowns that have been with he coaching staff in the recent past, but take away the Nikko Hayes play and just one MD run ( I think his nickname should be the run Doctor) and we probably lose last weeks game.... Am I wrong?

Bengal_believer said:
How much stock should we put into last weeks win? The D and O lines played poorly.... We cannot survive the tail end of the season if we cannot remedy those HUGE (pun intended) errors?

Cup half full: We are seeing improvements all over the place and few mental breakdowns that have been with he coaching staff in the recent past, but take away the Nikko Hayes play and just one MD run ( I think his nickname should be the run Doctor) and we probably lose last weeks game.... Am I wrong?
One week at a time. This week ISU has a winnable road game against a bad defensive team in a venue where ISU has actually had a recent win (unlike Missoula, Ogden, Flagstaff). Get a W Saturday and you've suddenly got momentum and your half way to a winning season. ISU will be an underdog and if they lose, well it's not the end of the season. One week at a time...

Skippy said:
Bengal_believer said:

One week at a time. This week ISU has a winnable road game against a bad defensive team in a venue where ISU has actually had a recent win (unlike Missoula, Ogden, Flagstaff). Get a W Saturday and you've suddenly got momentum and your half way to a winning season. ISU will be an underdog and if they lose, well it's not the end of the season. One week at a time...

Don't forget to factor in the weather. forecast for rain and 60-degrees at kickoff, not sure how it will affect the Bengals, but at least BOTH teams must deal with the same conditions. It might affect one more than the other. I will be there in the front row, (which is not covered) so I will be getting soaked right along with the team... with a huge grin and yelling my guts out supporting the kids!

Hey Washington-Bengal... screem Go Bengals for me one time! Thanks for being there for the kids!
...and Bengal_believer, we will get two more starters back on the O-line soon. And as far as "almost" losing the game; if it wasn't for Sac States lucky few looooong passes, we win by 2 more touchdowns then we did. It can go either way. They got lucky a few times to even keep it close. That statement is just as true as "if it wasn't for Nikko Taylors interceptions and "The Run Doctor"...... you get my point. And I get yours. Could be true either way. I hope I'm right, but let's see what happens Saturday before we get too scared.

up for the challenge said:
If J.F. and T.F. cannot pickup positive yardage in the first half than it is time for the M.D. show.

Mike has already said that physically he can't handle a bunch of carries. Under 10 per game is about right in his opinion.

PBP

PBP said:
If J.F. and T.F. cannot pickup positive yardage in the first half than it is time for the M.D. show.

Mike has already said that physically he can't handle a bunch of carries. Under 10 per game is about right in his opinion.

PBP

Really... All I see him do is sprint to the end zone untouched as he is to quick and fast for defensive players. He blast through an opening, makes one cut, and spirits to the end zone leaving defenders behind.

Let's give the kids credit for the win. THEY WON. It DOESN'T matter how they get their points. Long runs or short runs, long passes or short passes, the key is getting the football into the endzone more than the other team. There were many mistakes, but there was more good plays than bad. Gueller did not throw an interception and their QB threw 2 criticle ones, and one of those interceptions was run back for a touchdown. Dean and Cook also had very good games. We should give them credit for how good they are rather than feel like they were lucky.

A football game is a battle between two teams to see who is better. For those playing I'm sure it was a tough game. The Bengals won because they were better. There was not any luck. Let's celebrate until Saturday and keep believing that maybe, just maybe we can beat Portland St too.

Reborn2010 said:
Let's give the kids credit for the win. THEY WON. It DOESN'T matter how they get their points. Long runs or short runs, long passes or short passes, the key is getting the football into the endzone more than the other team. There were many mistakes, but there was more good plays than bad. Gueller did not throw an interception and their QB threw 2 criticle ones, and one of those interceptions was run back for a touchdown. Dean and Cook also had very good games. We should give them credit for how good they are rather than feel like they were lucky.

A football game is a battle between two teams to see who is better. For those playing I'm sure it was a tough game. The Bengals won because they were better. There was not any luck. Let's celebrate until Saturday and keep believing that maybe, just maybe we can beat Portland St too.

Agreed!! I watched the game on the Big Sky Conf web broadcast and I thought we made the right plays when we needed to I didn't feel we were lucky I thought we came through when we needed to.

Why is Portland State 17.5 points favored? Is Portland State that good or are we that bad? I understand home field advantage but that is a lot of points for a team that is 1 - 3 overall and 0 - 1 in the Big Sky. I guess it has to do with poll rankings and playing on their home field.

Why is Portland State 17.5 points favored? Is Portland State that good or are we that bad? I understand home field advantage but that is a lot of points for a team that is 1 - 3 overall and 0 - 1 in the Big Sky. I guess it has to do with poll rankings and playing on their home field.
I can guarantee you Vegas doesn't give two hoots about polls. Standard home field advantage is three points. So the numbers guys think PSU is two touchdowns better. I think this is a winnable game for ISU given they've had recent success in Portland, PSU has a lousy defense and ISU is capable of putting up points. But those Vegas guys are usually pretty good at this stuff.

BengalBannMan said:
Hey Washington-Bengal... screem Go Bengals for me one time! Thanks for being there for the kids!
-
you got it... BBM..... a hundred times.!... will do.. !! .. I try to keep it all in perspective.. these kids are very young. and many of them it is the first time they have been away from home for any extended periods, they need to know that we boosters appreciate their efforts, and we love them no matter what the final score. this is especially true for home games in Holt Arena, fans need to come early and stay late, do not leave early, what are you trying to do ?.. "beat traffic"?. .. get home early.?. for what?. so you can sit there and look at the dumb TV?. I mean really folks, there are 5 - or 6 home games per year, and you are sooooo busy that you when you do come out to a game you still have to leave early... gimme a break, show some support for the kids... I promise they are giving their best, every down, same goes for the staff, they are heavily invested in the program and the kids.. sorry to go off on a rant here, but since I had to move away from Pocatello for work about the only thing i miss are the home games for ALL Bengal athletics.. . I did not miss a home game for 15 years, foot bal, basketball, M & W. soccer, volleyball, everything... and was always in the parking lot early tailgating,, many times myself and a few friends were the only ones there for the first couple of hours, Donna loved it and always came by to thank us.. now I make sure to catch the road games over here, and fly home to a game in Holt when possible. and make sure to catch all of the broadcasts on Eversport.. which leads to a great story on the Sac State broadcast, the play by play and color commentators were not on "mute" during the time out breaks, and some of the candid conversations they were having among themselves were broadcast on air, Brad made the exact point about the crowd leaving, i think it was late in the 4th QTR, and he pointed out that a good portion of the fans had left. they felt the game was in the bag, and they could go home now. completely wrong way to approach it.. the kids will sing the fight song to BOTH sides of the fans in the stands after a win, what a fantastic opportunity for the fans to show their appreciation to them as well... by being there and cheering louder than ever.. so yes, you-betcha, I will be at Providence Park Saturday.... Level-1 Section-119 - row-A -- Seat 21, directly behind the Bengals bench, giving the Ref's hell for every call against the Bengals, and supporting the kids all the way.... sure hope someone can join me. two voices of support will be very welcomed by the kids I am sure..

Washington-Bengal said:
BengalBannMan said:
-
you got it... BBM..... a hundred times.!... will do.. !! .. I try to keep it all in perspective.. these kids are very young. and many of them it is the first time they have been away from home for any extended periods, they need to know that we boosters appreciate their efforts, and we love them no matter what the final score. this is especially true for home games in Holt Arena, fans need to come early and stay late, do not leave early, what are you trying to do ?.. "beat traffic"?. .. get home early.?. for what?. so you can sit there and look at the dumb TV?. I mean really folks, there are 5 - or 6 home games per year, and you are sooooo busy that you when you do come out to a game you still have to leave early... gimme a break, show some support for the kids... I promise they are giving their best, every down, same goes for the staff, they are heavily invested in the program and the kids.. sorry to go off on a rant here, but since I had to move away from Pocatello for work about the only thing i miss are the home games for ALL Bengal athletics.. . I did not miss a home game for 15 years, foot bal, basketball, M & W. soccer, volleyball, everything... and was always in the parking lot early tailgating,, many times myself and a few friends were the only ones there for the first couple of hours, Donna loved it and always came by to thank us.. now I make sure to catch the road games over here, and fly home to a game in Holt when possible. and make sure to catch all of the broadcasts on Eversport.. which leads to a great story on the Sac State broadcast, the play by play and color commentators were not on "mute" during the time out breaks, and some of the candid conversations they were having among themselves were broadcast on air, Brad made the exact point about the crowd leaving, i think it was late in the 4th QTR, and he pointed out that a good portion of the fans had left. they felt the game was in the bag, and they could go home now. completely wrong way to approach it.. the kids will sing the fight song to BOTH sides of the fans in the stands after a win, what a fantastic opportunity for the fans to show their appreciation to them as well... by being there and cheering louder than ever.. so yes, you-betcha, I will be at Providence Park Saturday.... Level-1 Section-119 - row-A -- Seat 21, directly behind the Bengals bench, giving the Ref's hell for every call against the Bengals, and supporting the kids all the way.... sure hope someone can join me. two voices of support will be very welcomed by the kids I am sure..

This was an awesome post. As a parent of a freshman football player, it's great to read the enthusiasm expressed here for the program. I know ISU has had it's ups and downs, but loyal fans support through it all. I was also at the game this past weekend and was hanging out a bit at the F.A.T. area and purchased a few items. I was happy to see they were selling old jerseys and they had one left of my son's number. I snagged it! It's great to hear this money goes directly back into the program. It was also great to see the alumni, boosters, fans and their support. They players don't get to see this so I had a chance to tell my son of the outside activities and he was pretty stoked. Let's keep this ball rolling and Go Bengals!

...remember when we went to the movies, and you overheard someone say how it ended, so you believed them and left when there was 30 minutes left in the movie...? NO...? ME EITHER!!!; SO SIT YOUR AS# DOWN AND FINISH WATCHING THE ENTIRE GAME! And while your here, you might as well open up your mouth and start cheering for these kids.

Washington-Bengal said:
BengalBannMan said:
-
you got it... BBM..... a hundred times.!... will do.. !! .. I try to keep it all in perspective.. these kids are very young. and many of them it is the first time they have been away from home for any extended periods, they need to know that we boosters appreciate their efforts, and we love them no matter what the final score. this is especially true for home games in Holt Arena, fans need to come early and stay late, do not leave early, what are you trying to do ?.. "beat traffic"?. .. get home early.?. for what?. so you can sit there and look at the dumb TV?. I mean really folks, there are 5 - or 6 home games per year, and you are sooooo busy that you when you do come out to a game you still have to leave early... gimme a break, show some support for the kids... I promise they are giving their best, every down, same goes for the staff, they are heavily invested in the program and the kids.. sorry to go off on a rant here, but since I had to move away from Pocatello for work about the only thing i miss are the home games for ALL Bengal athletics.. . I did not miss a home game for 15 years, foot bal, basketball, M & W. soccer, volleyball, everything... and was always in the parking lot early tailgating,, many times myself and a few friends were the only ones there for the first couple of hours, Donna loved it and always came by to thank us.. now I make sure to catch the road games over here, and fly home to a game in Holt when possible. and make sure to catch all of the broadcasts on Eversport.. which leads to a great story on the Sac State broadcast, the play by play and color commentators were not on "mute" during the time out breaks, and some of the candid conversations they
were having among themselves were broadcast on air, Brad made the exact point about the crowd leaving, i think it was late in the 4th QTR, and he pointed out that a good portion of the fans had left. they felt the game was in the bag, and they could go home now. completely wrong way to approach it.. the kids will sing the fight song to BOTH sides of the fans in the stands after a win, what a fantastic opportunity for the fans to show their appreciation to them as well... by being there and cheering louder than ever.. so yes, you-betcha, I will be at Providence Park Saturday.... Level-1 Section-119 - row-A -- Seat 21, directly behind the Bengals bench, giving the Ref's hell for every call against the Bengals, and supporting the kids all the way.... sure hope someone can join me. two voices of support will be very welcomed by the kids I am sure..

This really was a GREAT post. Thanks for posting that.

BengalBannMan said:
...remember when we went to the movies, and you overheard someone say how it ended, so you believed them and left when there was 30 minutes left in the movie...? NO...? ME EITHER!!!; SO SIT YOUR AS# DOWN AND FINISH WATCHING THE ENTIRE GAME! And while your here, you might as well open up your mouth and start cheering for these kids.

Must admit BengalBannMan the first time I went to Holt Arena was a month ago for the Simon Fraser game and I have to say it was ASTOUNDING how quiet and BORING it was in the arena. I kind of felt bad for the players. The fans were eerily quiet and subdued and there was NO BLASTING PUMP UP HYPE MUSIC on the sound system speakers before big third downs for our defense or for kickoffs, and the marching band sitting in the bleachers was actually even quite subdued as well. I just kind of figured it was because they were playing Simon Fraser and nobody y felt any sense of urgency because the opponent was quite overmatched, but based on your comment it leads me to maybe wonder that it is like that at most games??

Demian, your assessment of the Simon Fraser game IS somewhat true. I am up and screaming like mad on every crucial down. And even on the Simon Fraser game, it's hard to get up on third down in the fourth quarter when you're up by 40. So yes, that game is a little more boring. The Sac state game was great for the crowd involvement, but it annoys me when people leave a little early. Take in the whole experience, not just the bulk of the game. So I agree with Washington-Bengal. Stick around, and enjoy the kids singing the fight song to the crowd. ...it's my opinion that they should sing it to the crowd EVEN when they lose. I would assume it's the players way of saying "thanks for coming." Well even if you lose, I still cheered. Even louder usually to cheer you on!

BengalBannMan said:
Demian, your assessment of the Simon Fraser game IS somewhat true. I am up and screaming like mad on every crucial down. And even on the Simon Fraser game, it's hard to get up on third down in the fourth quarter when you're up by 40. So yes, that game is a little more boring. The Sac state game was great for the crowd involvement, but it annoys me when people leave a little early. Take in the whole experience, not just the bulk of the game. So I agree with Washington-Bengal. Stick around, and enjoy the kids singing the fight song to the crowd. ...it's my opinion that they should sing it to the crowd EVEN when they lose. I would assume it's the players way of saying "thanks for coming." Well even if you lose, I still cheered. Even louder usually to cheer you on!

Yeah BengalBannMan that makes sense I bet it was simply the fact that the Simon Fraser game just simply had no intrigue to it at all so it is hard to get enthusiastic for that type of game. That is great to hear that the SAC State game was GREAT for crowd involvement. Music to my ears. Man, Holt Arena has the potential to be one of the most defeaning and imposing and intimidating home stadiums in FCS.

Latest posts

Back