• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts, upgrade to remove ads and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your BigSkyFans.com experience today!

Idaho

Chex

Active member
Well, probably another last second finish. Idaho coming off the big win vs the Bobcats. Weber State pulled off a big win on the road.

I am going to swing back to picking the Wildcats 42-38. I think UC Davis and Montana State are no longer considered for sure losses. Every game is on the table.
 
It does seem like we are getting a little better each week. Let's hope that continues. Our D did get a step better at CP. A long way to go, but showing signs of improvement.
 
Nice win! The team is getting better every week. Thought Dahle played pretty poor but still scored 38 and controlled the game. Dahle hasn’t played great at home…maybe nerves? O line continues to be a major bright spot. Hope we don’t lose coach Asiata. He’s doing a bang up job
 
Good rushing attack! Defense has improved. It’s fun to watch this team. Hoping they can show up as well in the Train Bell Trophy game!
Next week will be interesting. ISU is a lot like UI with a better defense. Our defense will have to take another step up for us to win against ISU. Our offense can score on anybody, so that isn't the issue. TOs and defensive lapses would hurt our chances. I'm hoping that doesn't happen.
 
Random thoughts….

This team has already exceeded my expectations. If we hadn’t blown the Portland game, we could actually have realistic conversations about the playoffs. The schedule gets tough, but with one upset and an expected win over Utah Tech we can have a .500 season, which I thought was unrealistic heading into the season. It’s been very fun watching this team compete every week.

This team probably has less depth/overall talent than we did in the Mental era, but the kids play hard, there’s a clear game plan each week, and there is improvement each week. As a non-Utahn I was extremely skeptical of hiring a high school coach but I am very impressed so far. I never would have thought Weber could put up points like this with a freshman QB. Kjar completely rebuilt the team in one off-season and the offense is legitimately good by any measure. If only we could cut down the turnovers…

God, hiring Mental set us back 5 years, but I digress.

The defense remains completely outmanned every week. We have a number of defenders that aren’t strong enough to make a 1-on-1 tackle. We held a very good offense to fewer points than usual this week, but a lot of that was of Idaho’s own doing. Regardless, I salute the effort they play with.

If we only win 1 more game this year, I hope it’s next week vs the bungles. We’ll be underdogs, and they’re coming off a bad loss, but I hope we bury them. The further I get out of school, the more I find myself rooting for schools like Montana or Eastern Washington to represent the Big Sky in a good light, but I will forever root for idaho st to be a doormat. I despise them.
 
DBs looked better but still the weak link. With our O line and running backs, we can be in any game against any team, plus we can protect the QB who looks like I expect a freshman to look. But we have exceptional receivers so even a shootout is a possible win. I’m seeing steady improvement and think Coach Kjar, if he stays, ends up a top coach, in the BSC. NAU is going to be an incredible game. I literally hate Montana ST, so can’t give an analysis other than I hope we stomp them and good. I watched our former tight end play well, in the Utah game. He barely got any balls last year. Man, what a difference a year (and a coach) can make!
 
Next week will be interesting. ISU is a lot like UI with a better defense. Our defense will have to take another step up for us to win against ISU. Our offense can score on anybody, so that isn't the issue. TOs and defensive lapses would hurt our chances. I'm hoping that doesn't happen.
The rivalry emotions will add to it as well. QB Dahle, definitely an asset, but the freshmen hiccups pop up now & again. For sure, TOs & defensive lapses could play a big roll & need containing vs. an angry bunch of Bengals. Wish they would've won their last game, now the pressure is on them for getting a needed W. Glad to see HC Kjar push discipline when needed...a frustrated yell at QB Dahle on one play then getting after his son Noah on an unsportsmanlike penalty call. Coach Kjar & staff have turned Wildcat football around to a solid & hopefully successful one going forward. (y)
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top