• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

If we do run a true spread offense.....

richchri2

How about going after Jeremiah Masoli of Oregon since he might be dismissed from the school? Just make sure that everything on and around campus is glued to the group so he won't go all kleptomaniac on people.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/25/masoli-one-of-two-ducks-accused-in-theft/

this has nothing to do with bengal football or sports at all - and is a complete waste of time...

thanks SO much for posting it....

Nothing to do with sports, he's the starting quarterback for a 1-A school that runs the spread. Nothing to do with Bengals football, if he gets dismissed, he can transfer to a 1-AA school without sitting out a year. I'll say this, I don't like the offense we are running as I prefer a pro-style offense more. However, with our current offensive scheme (semi-spread), we need somebody like that to run it. Overall, I think we just need to focus on recruiting linemen as they are key to our success on both sides of the ball. I still remember the last time we have a "big-time" transfer that came to ISU (Matt Gutierrez), all the program's hopes were put on his shoulders which were supported by the worst offensive scheme ever to go with his skills. The funny thing is he still made it to the NFL despite of us.

It's a nice thought, but Masoli is going to be a senior. I think you need to have two years eligibility remaining to use a transfer exception. I heard that rule change was implemented a couple years ago (can anyone confirm or deny this?)
We don't need him anyway. Russell Hill is about to have a breakout season for us.

I hope you are right on Russell Hill. However, it all depends on the offensive line. It's no fun watching our quarterbacks playing "run for your life" as soon as he drops back to pass. If we have a good line and better play calls, I like our team on the offensive side.

Maybe thats why we got a new OC. Offensively, I'm happy with a 5th year senior under center. I kinda like the direction our OL is going. Mark Clampitt was a beast, starting at LT as a true. I'm concerned more about or WR's than OL. We dropped a lot of easy, catchable passes last year. We have some talent, but depth worries me. Will Burel be back and healthy? Last years freshman class -Senegal, Benavides, Brandsma, Rumble, Taylor- need step up and a star needs to emerge. And I hope Tavoy Moore turns out to be a Derron Finley.

I am very excited about Russell Hill as well. The key for this upcoming season is going to be whether we can run block and have our backs hit the holes well enough for a running game that will insist on every defense's respect. If that happens, watch out. Russell will have a great year. Put Hill, a running game, plenty of competition at receiver (Krosch surprisingly wasn't mentioned), and a defense that has great talent and almost too much experience and that is a winning recipe.

Krosch is the man. I didn't mention him because I have no concerns about him. He's gonna have a great year as well.

Latest posts

Back