• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

...ISU 2014 Spring football news, rumors,etc

clawsout

.....I'm hoping people will just post items pertaining to the title of this thread on here.....(PLEASE type the elementary school recess barbs somewhere else).....so with that in mind.....I've heard we might be getting a dropdown WR....no details yet but certainly from a good source...has anyone heard anything about that DL.... Ivan Martinez?..do we still have a chance to get him?....could we be waiting for him to pass our standards academically?....anyone have any other tidbits to share?..........come on....I'm starving until spring ball starts....

I know that a drop down DB has been in. It will be tight lipped on kids that come in late. Kids that come in late are not bound by a signature. Also, I would bet that Kramer is waiting on sprring grades on some potential JC transfers. Some may qualify for ISU academically after summer courses.

Yes, I heard the same rumor about ISU waiting on spring grades for a JUCO WR and RB. Have you heard the rumor about a drop down QB? Let's see if these rumors come true or not. I would guess that ISU is being tight lipped if the rumors are true. I will believe it when I see it.

Heard about drop down QB who is not coming. Maybe this is a newer QB.

Been hearing that RB Mario Jenkins is the real deal and that he and LB Micah Breland were two TRFR that could have helped last year. Also hearing that RS FR class brings a influx of speed to the table.

Are you sure about the drop down QB rumor ? Rumor has it that we need an experienced FBS QB to be back up Arias and for the drop down to gain experience in 2014 going into the 2015 season as a senior. Remember, Kragthorope transferred to LSU for the 2012 season and was going to take over for Arias as a junior in 2015. The rumor also maybe true as Sessions left the team and our other two quarterbacks will only be a RS freshmen and a freshmen in 2014. If the rumor is true, than it is probably tight lipped.

Mario Jenkins is a LB and they expect big things out of him. Also, I would not be surprised to see them pick up 2 dropdown/JC WR's. Rumor is that one of our young receivers is transferring to a FBS school. One rumor early was that Apodoca backup QB from Wash State U was interested in coming to ISU but wanted to play right away. Don't think that will happen. Keep the info coming, would love to hear some more. I also hear some very good things about the RS freshman.

I did not hear anything about Washington State University QB Apodoca being interested in ISU. I do not think Arias would lose his starting position as a QB to a transfer as Arias had a good year in 2013.

Too bad to hear about the rumor of an ISU WR wanting to transfer to a FBS school. . I guess that opens up another scholarship at ISU if he transfers and was a scholarship player.

Sometimes these rumors are just rumors. It would appear that Kramer is done with his recruiting and signing of players for the 2014 season. There is the possibility that he may pick up another JUCO or 4-year transfer but I doubt it as it is getting late and most JUCO or 4-year transfers have already been picked up by another team. If anything, Kramer will probably save his open scholarships for walk-ons already in the program with high gpa's or he will save the scholarships available for the 2015 season. It would appear that the dinner table has already been set for the 2014 season without additional players coming to the dinner table. Maybe, a late pick-up will be added to the table but it is unlikely as Kramer has not mentioned anything to the public and press about picking up additional players going into the 2014 season. The rumors will continue to be only rumors in my opinion. I will believe the rumors when Kramer makes an announcement to the public and press that he has secured an additional player or players on scholarship for the 2014 season but I do not think that will happen.

I've seen some tweets (including a link to the following picture) which indicate James Madison (Banning High, CA) signed today...

http://instagram.com/p/k21RnCu6fu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM_g-MtSCQI[/youtube]

Coaches Show with Coach Kramer, Feb. 26, 2014

mentioned 3 players have decided to leave the team in the last 10 days.

mentioned he still has some scholarships still available on defense for the 2014 season.

mentioned he may give some scholarships to current walk-ons from last season.

mentioned he is seeking a D-1 drop down quarterback for the 2014 season.

Mentioned drop down O-Lineman is coming aboard.
Mentioned is looking for drop down or JC WR.
Mentioned Late (Grades) JC Cornerback a priority.

I get the feeling that they are losing Hansen at WR. I hope I am wrong.
I am guessing Pat Carter is gone.

No clue on Hansen but Kramer mentioned tonight that the older receiver on the team is a SO. It didn't sound plural to me so I just started to wonder. Maybe just a bad guess good to know that I can be wrong once or twice in my life.

Until I know who the WR they lost is...I will be a nervous about it...

I doubt scholarship players will leave the team if their scholarship hav been extended into the new season. Normally, walk-on players decide to leave the program. Sometimes, a head coach may not extend the scholarship for a player so the player decides to leave the team. I have to assume that the 3 players that left the team in the last 10 days were either walk-ons without a scholarship or scholarship players that lost their scholarship which was decided by the head coach.

Confirmed--Hansen is gone.
Confirmed--Pat Carter is gone.
Waiting on confirmation on the third player. Been hearing it was the fast kid. Best guess Morris.

If so all three were scholarship players.

you guessed correctly bengalcub. wow...hard to believe that ISU loses a premier WR in Chad Hansen who was selected to the Big Sky Team as a honorable mentio as a true freshmen in 2013. What school is he transferring to? He must feel he has the talent to play at a FBS school.

Latest posts

Back