• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU/Air Force

All I have to say is that just because you dont know football inside and out, does not make you any less of a fan. I dont understand most of the things anyone talks about on this forum, but that does not make me any less of a loyal fan and supporter. Just because you share a different opinion does not make you your view a reason for a cheap shot. Some times people just want to see the positive and the good in things. Dont get me completely wrong, I love a rukus, I guess I just get where "up to the challenge' is coming from. and he get its a whole better than I do. Im just a dumb dumb fan that wants better for our team and community. I was happy we got on the board and am optimistic that it was a learning experience for the team and the coaches. I hope that our injured players are healed up soon and that everyone stays healthy and positive. GO BENGALS!!

your statement 'I dont understand most of the things anyone talks about on this forum'

pretty much sums it up.....

If you are finished having oral sex with Spartan I'll talk football. Offense looked pretty good the entire games. Offense needed to finish in the first half, score would not have looked as bad if closer. Looks like the defense is still a work in progress and we will have to take advantage of every scoring opportunity the offense has. Air Force like any triple team you face is difficult for a team to prepare for, remember Southern Utah with Cannon at QB. A Tebow like athlete running the option at QB, took Lewis to school two years in a row. Thank god he graduated. Air Force didn't play any press coverage which opened up the short passing game, it also took away the option for any deeper passes. Overall Yost did a really good job throwing to the right receiver. Started aiming his throws for a while in the first half causing him to miss some wide open receivers. He recovered in the second half and did an excellent job. Finney is a step faster than McSurdy as well as bigger, will really help our run game. I was most impressed with his blocking and recognition of where the pressure was coming from. Did an excellent job. Strong Safety needs to break down and make the play, it is not alway enough to get to a spot if your always going where the runner was instead of where he is going. Way to many missed tackles in the back field and at the line of scrimmage when he came up. Love his aggression but really needs to finish.

blackfootbengal said:
I was most impressed with his (Finney's) blocking and recognition of where the pressure was coming from. Did an excellent job.

I agree, excellent work by the backs in pass protection.

What about the O-Line? A revelation for sure. I even saw some holes opening up for the backs.

How did the freshmen on the O-Line do. Starting freshmen at LT and C seemed risky. Coach must have a lot of confidence in their maturity/ability.

The offensive line only allowed 2 sacks. Kevin Yost had the time to find his receivers and the running backs picked up positive yardage. Big Sky teams will have a difficult time against our offense this season. The Airforce defense could not stop our offense.

I felt the defense actually played a good game. We have to remember that the Airforce running attack is one of the best in the nation. I would have liked to seen some adjustments on the defense, maybe blitzing and stacking the line to confuse their blocking assignments.

CJ Reyes had a great day roll punting and threw a nice pass for a first down. He was a quarterback and kicker in high school, great athlete. I do not remember any punt returns from the Airfoce.

our defense played a good game???? air force rolled up over 600 hundred yards in offense… they scored 49 points – show me the ‘good’ part? if thats good whats bad...?

the air force defense didn’t have to stop our offense – it was 28 to nothing at halftime – game over.. any points we scored were against the scout team..

jeez

I gotta go with Spartan on this one.. Also, can we give K Eric Pew a look on FG,? cuz Garcia is a perpetual buckler and won't hit anything over 40, and is 50/50 under.

Would love to see Erik get a shot. Good kid. So, the starters and two deeps that played Saturday, should we expect the same players this weekend?

Spartan, That's not true about just scoring points agains the "scout team". I watched the video and audio from the A.F. website and the announcers kept commenting well through the second half that the starters hadn't been pulled yet.

well hell - that changes everything.

idaho state university scored 3 times in the second half against the first stringers from air force - even though they couldn't buy a point in the first half - seriously...?

sure - air force kept their starters in well into the second half just to make certain the bengal offensive juggernaut didn't come rolling back from a 49 point blow out....

seriously? jeez....

The first opportunity to fairly judge this team will be against Sacramento State on the 29th. Until then you judge it by the things you can control...did you commit a lot of penalties? Did you turn the ball over? Did you succeed in kicking field goals and punting. You can't control certain things (like an option rushing attack that has been doing and and been highly successful for years), but you can control false starts, formations, and things like that.

Until then, enjoy the team and all things considered...49-21 is workable. I remember a few games against FBS teams when I was there that were not so fun....50-3....64-0....uuugh....

FormerISUSID

Orange51 wrote, "deffence is shit". So is your spelling. Deffence, as you spelled it, is correctly spelled "defense". :dunce:

Airforce will roll up rushing yards on any team. Watch the game in Ann Arbor, Michigan this Saturday as Airforce will be playing #8 ranked Michigan. Michigan will have a difficult time stopping the Airforce offense.

Our defense still played good eventhough they did have a difficult time containing the Airforce rushing attack. We made some good tackles and played aggressive, that is all you can ask of a defense. What hurt us during the game was Airforce made some long runs for touchdowns due to good downfield blocking. Our defense will learn from this experience and will correct their mistakes.

AlwaysaBengal said:
Spartan, That's not true about just scoring points agains the "scout team". I watched the video and audio from the A.F. website and the announcers kept commenting well through the second half that the starters hadn't been pulled yet.
Just got back from Colorado today. Great time! I have to say it was the coolest game day experience I have ever been to. I could have gone home after seeing the jumpers from the plane hit the 50yd line with flags hooked to them and then the f-16 or f-14's fly over. WOW! The opposing fans were fabulous. It was actually really cool to be able to play against Air Force. It was a win win for me.

A few things I saw.....Positives-The O-line is way better. I believe 1 or 2 sacks were recorded.
Yost had time to throw. Nice to see.
We drove on an FBS/MWC team into the redzone multiple times.
Rugby kick came out and did well.
We could have scored twice in the first half. Coulda, woulda, shoulda
I know but it was there.
Very few penalties and turnovers.

Negatives- Yost needed to throw a bit higher to receivers. They were having to bend
down and catch the balls. Scared of throwing picks? First game jitters?
O coordinator needed to play action and bootleg the QB, wide open gaps
for Yost to run.
I think the speed of an FBS team got the best of us. I was even punked on
a few running plays. They are very good at what they do.
Our guys need to tackle the legs not the shoulders.

I walked away very optimistic about the situation. We should have a few more wins this year. Could surprise some teams. Really I think we can.

Let me say a few more things. This team as a whole, Coaches included are a different team. Let me repeat. This team as a whole is a different team than what I have seen in years. Much more disciplined and focused on the end result. And that is winning. They play like a team.

We could have some big things this year

'We made some good tackles and played aggressive, that is all you can ask of a defense.'

:rofl: :clap:

seriously...?

Latest posts

Back