• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU/Washington St. Predictions

Bengal Roar

This is going to be a defensive game. The defense will keep ISU in this game. The offense might need a couple games to gel.

Is this a winnable game? For sure. WSU with Wulff is 5-34? in the last 3 years. Not a very solid football program, (see ISU also).

Why I think ISU can win this one.........The "CEO" has been here before and won against Colorado at Colorado. He will be prepared.

He is coaching against a program that he is familiar with and a head coach that he is familiar with and tutored.

Montana St. last year lost 22-23 againt WSU in Washington.

ISU has nothing to lose.

This game could be a special win for ISU and they could build a winning tradition from it.

Tavoy Moore will be the X factor and could be the game changer in this one.

Plus we have a little bit of the "81" Championship blood on our team.

ISU 17 WSU 14..............ISU wins with a last second field goal

GO BENGALS!

We will be there to see this game. It's hard for an FCS team to beat a Division 1 school, but I think the real X-Factor will be ISU's up-tempo offense. WSU may need all those extra scholarships to keep from being *gassed* from running up and down the field. Hopefully, ISU's conditioning may help to keep this game competitive. I certainly don't expect to see ISU lose by a ton of points. I plan to give my impressions of the game in this forum.

More interesting for me will be what happens during the following week. I remember Coach Kramer saying in Idaho Falls when he met with our fan base that he wants to talk with boosters during the following week about the game in Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Twin Falls, and Boise. If he follows-through with that plan, then ISU is announcing to the rest of the teams on our schedule that we are no longer a Designated-Road-Win for anybody. I especially like the thought of Kramer talking about Bengal Football in Bronco territory.

Something good is about to happen for Bengal football.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here... and predict a Bengal loss. Our offense will struggle to move the ball, and our D-line could get pushed around. Plus, we are 2-35 in our last 37 games against D-1 teams, haven't beat a D-1 opponent since Portland St. in '09, and I don't think we're quite ready to go toe to toe with a PAC-12 team.
I know this is a new team, new coaches, and a new attitude, but I do think we are going to lose this one.

WSU 37 ISU 14

I don't care that this is the worst team in the PAC12.. We will get killed. 42-7, maybe we score 14.. Our lines are thin, and ravaged by injuries. I hope this recruiting season we go and load up on interior linemen.. I'm sick of the patchwork.

Camp Cougar - 45
ISU - 10

Pick up the game check, play well, avoid injuries.

Wazzu's size, speed, and especially depth will wear out the Bengals. Wazzu will punish the Bengals this week just like the Bengals will crush Western State on 10-Sep.

Depth, size and quickness on the lines will have the Bengals hurting most of the game.

Still, I see a few scores: Wazzu wins 41-17.

This game is going to tell fans much of anything. The worst team (last year) in the BSC is about to meet the worst team in the Pac 10. The difference in depth and talent will be evident.

ISU is still trying to gets some kids up to speed and healthy on the offensive line. I doubt that Kramer is in a hurry to rush kids back during the first two weeks of the season. Plus, the defensive line lost two potential starters or major contributors in Vae'ena and Fuapau. Idaho State will have a tough time getting to the QB and protecting there own.

We will probably see a ton of short passes--because of lack of protection on the offensive side and a QB in Tuel that will have the time to pick the ISU secondary apart.

ISU you will probably get beat and get beat big. However, this is only the first game in the rebuilding process and I expect Idaho State will be considerably better than they were last season--especially on offense.

I am very excited to see the upgrade in talent!

Don't get too up or too down as fans after this game...just saying...

bill_idaflls said:
Geez......is there still no hope in Mudville?

I think there is hope...just not this week against a FBS school. As much as I despise the crimson and gray Cougars and enjoy their beat downs, ISU doesn't have the talent and depth for 60 minutes. There will be some bright spots for ISU - very good individual performances, a score or two, a few sustained drives and a few three-and-outs.

Considering where the program's been the last few years, it'll be a reclamation project. It'll take time, but I think (hope) the 2011 version of the Bengals will be better than last year's team.

Big loss @ WSU. Big home win v. Western State College. First true test of what to make of the Bengals will be home BSC opener vs. Northern Colorado on 17-Sept...a game I think ISU can, and will, win.

I don't think some of you grasp how huge 20+ more scholarshipped athletes make a difference.. Even at lowly Wash. St., they have us out-manned and out-talented at 80% of positions.. I just hope to hold them under 50 and score twice.. I'll be content with that, and then I really do think we'll win our first 2 home games..

"Faith is believing in something a man in his right mind wouldn't believe in."
--Archie Bunker, All In the Family

Just trying to drum up a little support from a few more crazy people like me. :D

We all know that this Game is about $$$. I just hope nobody gets hurt. Not looking for a win. But never under estimate the first game for a new staff. Other teams don't really know how to prepare for us yet since theres no video. Might be closer than we think.

Good Luck Bengals! Well be rooting for ya.

E5

i'm picking two outcomes...one with my head and one with my heart....my head says 31 to 14....unfortunately the cougs....for all the reasons listed above by people using their heads and reasoning.......and my heart says....upset of the week....17 to 14...Bengals!.....for all the reasons the people are giving that are layinhg "their stripes" on the line.........Come on Bengals.... Clawsout!!...

WSU 48-ISU 10, 4th team should be in by end of the third

WSU is bigger faster and stronger at every position as they have PAC 12 athletes now as compared to when Wulff and crew showed up. Here is their depth chart.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wast/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2011-12/misc_non_event/IdahoStateGameNotes.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even a completely flat WSU team did not lose to a pretty decent Montana State team a year ago. They were to deep for them and are even deeper this season. WSU will win games this year the talent is there after 4 PAC 12 level recruiting classes.

The Bengals I am sure are going to play their hearts out but size and speed on both side of the ball will be very tough to overcome. Oh and for the person talking about ISU's up tempo offense, WSU runs the no huddle as with bigger, faster playes and more of them.

Tuel should pick the secondary apart just like he did to every PAC 12 school last season and this year he will have a running game to go with it. Also Tuel can really run.

Last year

USC 222 yards 2 TDs

UCLA 311 yards 2 TDs

Oregon 245 yards 2 TDs

Arizona 257 yards 1 TD

Stanford 298 yards 4 TDs

ASU 200 yards

OSU 157 yards , ran for 80 2TD's

UW 298 yards 3 TDs

Only Drew Bledsoe tossed for more yards as a true frosh and sophmore. T

Here he is and see you on Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg74nl5oSLo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Spokesman-Review's John Blanchette has an interesting -- and entertaining -- look at the state of the Cougars today:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/aug/31/blanchette-cougs-face-long-odds-bowl-drive/?prefetch=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Things must be bad in Pullman if their fans are coming over here to tell us why they think the Cougs will beat us. Your team hasn’t dominated anyone in years. Last year, you should have lost to a team that needed overtime to beat us. The Bengals are not going to be intimidated by your little stadium or your PAC-12 athletes. I guarantee you that this game will be closer than you think.

KPVI Bengal Fan said:
Things must be bad in Pullman if their fans are coming over here to tell us why they think the Cougs will beat us. Your team hasn’t dominated anyone in years.

Cougar here.

Gotta partially agree with Bengal Fan on this one. Everyone knows that the Cougs are predicted to win this one. It seems kind of pointless for Gocougs to start quoting statistics in his post.

However, the reason we haven't dominated anyone in years (actually it's been 3 years since we dominated Portland State) is because we've had a REALLY tough schedule the last couple of years.

1st game jitters on both sides: WSU wins it 38-17 over ISU

ISU gets $350,000 for this game. So it should be a pretty good deal for the Bengals regardless of outcome.

To be fair, most of the Cougar fans have been like GrnXnham. Every school has a few bad apples. I ran into a couple of them at Café Rio today. They were Montana State fans on their way to Salt Lake for the game tonight. The Cat fans started bad mouthing Kramer and ISU. This all started because I said that I would be pulling for them tonight because I’m a fan of the Big Sky. As for our game, I think Gocougs is stuck in Apple Cup mode. Trust me, none of our fans will be going on the Western State fan page to try and stir up trouble next week when we are playing a smaller school. It’s kind of silly that a fan from a BCS conference would come on here and try to start a fight with a fan base that just endured another one win season. Just look at the predictions on here. You don’t need to kick a fan while they are down.

Latest posts

Back