• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

It's that time of the year...recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
letuknow said:
Is there a way to not see certain posters posts? I

audwhite.jpg

I would imagine the battle for the QB position will be a hard fought one leading up to first game. I would also think there could be 1 or 2 leaving and 1 or 2 coming in. Don't rule out anything. I think Gueller (sp?) will be in the mix. Big kid with a strong arm. Heard another name out there but not gonna mention because it sounded like a rumor. We will see. We can speculate all day but until Bailey gives the nod we don't know jack.

boisebengal said:
At the beginning of the season there was quite a bit of separation between Arias and the other quarterbacks on the team. Furthermore, one or more of the QBs we have on the team could leave on their own or Kramer could run them off, making room for a JC or Division 1A drop down transfer. Quite often QB's just leave on their own if they have a strong hunch they'll never get to play. But if we don't end up getting a transfer, that's fine by me and I'll eat crow.

There was a separation in QB's at the beginning of the season as Arias was the man the last two seasons as a senior. If you remember there was a separation between Yost and Arias as Yost was a two year starter over Arias and Arias had to patiently wait his turn on the sidelines just like Delacenserie had to do with Arias. Get over it Boisebengal with your JUCO or Drop Down QB wish list to replace Arias. James Delacenserie is the man now going into the 2015 season and Tanner Gueller will be his backup unless Tanner can beat James out of the QB position. Kramer has already offered a high school QB for the 2015 season as he was not interested in your drop down QB in Chalich from the Vandals. Kramer likes signing players out of high school with good GPA's and does not actively recruit JUCO players unless they contact him first. How many drop down players has Kramer obtained the last 4 years other than a couple of them and none of them were QB's? You may see some JUCO's or Drop Downs come in for the 2015 season on the defense but not many as Kramer bulk recruits and signees will be coming out of high school as that is almost 90% policy with the football program over the last 4 years.

Up, like I said we can speculate all day. I think your previous post is way off base. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a drop down or juco. They still have 4-5 months to figure it out. They will decide and we get to speculate and guess.

Up, we'll see you eats crow the first week of February when the signings are announced. According to various internet sources, ISU and Montana both recruited Chalich but he's decided to sign with the Grizzlies. With the kind of tradition and program that they have, that's certainly no disgrace. So Einstein, if we're not looking to sign a juco or drop-player, then why did we offer Chalich? Up, you've completely ruined this board with your postings, there's no board on the entire internet that has a brain-dead idiot like you posting frequently. Like Spartan and others here have said -- you are indeed a 'major dumbass.'

In all seriousness, like mentioned aboved, is there a way that up for's posts can just be skipped over or blacked out? Who can fix this?

tuffgong said:
In all seriousness, like mentioned aboved, is there a way that up for's posts can just be skipped over or blacked out? Who can fix this?
Tuffgong, please...

boisebengal - Do you have another JUCO or Drop Down QB to advertise for Coach Kramer and Bailey ? Kramer and his staff do not talk about players they are recruiting or wanting until they actually offer that player or sign that player. How's your crow?

My experience on this board has taught me to pay attention to Sniper, ISUBengalfan, Tuff and SLCBengal with regards to recruiting. The first three have connections and SLC only post what he can source.

The best connections are probably within the program but I doubt the coaches, etc. leak recruiting information out as that is not good practice. I can tell you that every team has a secured recruiting board with player positions and names and will add and delete positions and names from the board during recruiting season. The coaches also rank players from top to bottom. So, with that said everything is just rumors, speculations, etc. until a player is actually offered a scholarship and actually signs the contract. The internet, etc. (Scout, Rivals, etc) is a source to see who verbally commits or signs.

This board has been posting recruiting information for years. In fact, over the past 10 years I would bet that the Den has identified 95% of the recruiting class PRIOR to National LOI day. Does the information leak from the bowels of the coaching offices at Idaho State and around the country? Hell to the yes it does. Intended or not intended.

Facebook, Instagram, leaked visit list, player parents, players posing as fans and coaches posing as fans--the whole ball of yarn, it all happens.

The vast majority of fans understand that verbal commitments are non-binding, they also understand recruiting boards, fan boards, and how to search information on message boards of other universities and Big Sky members.

Remember, most posters come here to speculate and to Monday morning quarterback. That is what a fan board is for.

You are probably right but it is still speculation and rumors until that player meets all of the necessary NCAA academic requirements, meets all of college academic or transfer requirements, has been offered a scholarship, and signs.

looks like Kvinsland just committed
https://twitter.com/RobbyK11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe that ISU has 7 or 8 verbal commits at this time. A number of those are on campus this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back