• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Joe must go

Yes, it was something that I didn't like in that I personally wouldn't buy season tickets, since there is more value to waiting and getting the deals. That being said, ISU's single game G.A. ticket is $10. The reserved seating is $15, but the G.A. is $10, which ties for the third-lowest in the league, and as Brad said, fans can always get a god ticket deal anyways.

I can remember when Jim Senter and Rick Furr set football tickets at $20 and me thinking "that won't fly" around here, and in reality, it didn't. People bought corner seats and moved over.

There is always a give and take on how much to charge, but the reality is the $15 ticket is the donor seating...fans that aren't donors pay $10, and why folks don't do the Family Fun Zone is beyond me...that's the best deal going.

FormerISUSID

Not trying to be negative but I was driving in the car and heard the score 10-0 ISU! Great for a few minutes or so. So I ask myself, how long will it last? Not very long in my opinion. My predictions.... MSU will catch up and take control and finish strong and ISU will find a way to throw it away or shoot theirselves in the foot.

Do I hope I am wrong? Yea, but I highly doubt I will be. Just calling it how I see it. NO EXCUSES last year from Football and NONE from basketball this year.

On a side note...Tingey is thinking out of the box and being more creative with tickets sales and deals for everyone in my opinion. I really like his style. Keep it up Jeff

I was wrong and can admit it. It was not a prety game from either side. A win is a win. We did let them come back and get right into it but we did win! Baby steps!

ISU games r more expensive than Weber, Utah or byu. Only usu can charge high prices like ISU because every game is a sell out. Isu and usu r the only schools I have been to that charge for parking.

BYu is #9 ranked. U could go to Provo and get $5 tickets and free parking. So that would be $20 for a fam of four.

FormerISUSID said:
and why folks don't do the Family Fun Zone is beyond me...that's the best deal going.
FormerISUSID

One BIG BIG reason people don't take advantage of these ticket deals or any others that are offered is the absolutely horrible marketing and lack of publicity that goes on or should I say doesn't go on for ISU athletics.

Forget about game ticket specials and the lack of interest generating fun/contest activities (especially for ISU students) at any of the games but how many even know that next week new football coach Kramer is making "Signing Day" appearances in Poky, Idaho Falls, Twin Falls, and Boise on consecutive days?
The only place I've seen that is buried in Tingey's letter from the AD on the website. Found out quite by accident from a friend of mine who happened to read it. Then people will wonder why no one or very few fans showed up at an event. Get with it already! :x

notabengalalum said:
FormerISUSID said:
and why folks don't do the Family Fun Zone is beyond me...that's the best deal going.
FormerISUSID

One BIG BIG reason people don't take advantage of these ticket deals or any others that are offered is the absolutely horrible marketing and lack of publicity that goes on or should I say doesn't go on for ISU athletics.

I'm not on board with this idea at all.

People don't go to games because of a lack of momentum in the program... there is no build up of excitement, no consecutive wins to get excited about and no scoring. Before the MSU game ISU had scored the fewest points in the league.

Bio, I have to agree with you that the lack of momentum on the court or on the field is a big factor.
But, when there's no momentum on the field or court to make people pack the stands because of a winning team, then something needs to be done to generate some interest with the community (emphasis on families and kids) and ISU students to get them to turn out - even if they attend for only the social atmosphere and some fun with other students.
Doing things differently and better to get fans involved or want to get involved does not appear to be a serious goal. If the plan is to wait for the teams to start winning so that fan interest will be generated automatically by a winning program then we may be in for a long wait.

While only having a handful of wins is a major reason for ISU's hoops woes, here's a link to a recent blog on the Deseret News by Brad Rock about lagging attendance nationwide...even with winning programs.

http://www.deseretnews.com/blog/41/10011230/Rockmonster-unplugged-Even-empty-seats-in-Logan.html

Actually, everybody is right on this. College basketball attendance is down, but by the writer's own admission, losing has a lot to do with it (Utah) and so does boring basketball. Sorry folks, but Joe O'Brien's basketball is about the most boring I can remember, and it hasn't produced a winning season since he's been here. That's two strikes right there.

There really needs to be better marketing and promotional events. You can't assume that the average Joe on the street is going to go through all of the resources to 1) find out about a game, and 2) to find the best deal available. I just went to look up information about the Family Fun Zone, and guess what? I can't find any information about it. I went to the ticket site from the isubengals website, and this is what I found for men's basketball.

isutickets2.jpg

There is mention of upcoming promotions (date night and white out weber), but it also shows normal ticket prices are $15.00 for adults. Nowhere does it mention they are $10. Would the $10 price point make a difference for some people? I bet it would. $20 vs $30 for a couple in this economy matters.

I get it about the football signing events. Most of us received emails, and that's a GREAT start. But let's try to get the average Joe interested. Don't run a story on the athletic website that disappears as soon as you run 3 more stories after it. Post it prominently, and send out press releases THIS week, and again NEXT week. Ask KPVI or KIFI to broadcast live from the Pocatello event, since it will run through the 5:00 and 6:00 newscasts, and they can help promo the Idaho Falls event which takes place the next day.

Don't assume anything, and think outside the box!

If I would have been told that they were distributing Quaaludes to the fans at the game Monday night I would have been there…… :lol: :lol:

The misery continues.
Sac State 74 ISU 63
ISU has not won at Sac State since 2007 and the Hornets have been at or near the bottom of the conference standings during this period.
Need more proof that Joe must go?

coastal bengal said:
The misery continues.
Sac State 74 ISU 63
ISU has not won at Sac State since 2007 and the Hornets have been at or near the bottom of the conference standings during this period.
Need more proof that Joe must go?

I don't think it mattered who ISU faced tonight, they were going to lose. They had 2, count 'em, TWO, points total until about the 9 minute mark in the first half!!! They were shooting less than 22% in the first half. This team plays uninspired.

What bothered me more was the second half. They actually came back and had a chance to win, but would somebody please explain what happened with about one minute left in the game? ISU is only down by 6 (2 or 3 possessions), has the ball, but the bench (Corey?) is called for a technical. Joe goes out and gets 2 more, gets himself thrown out of the game, and Sac gets 6 free shots. That nailed the coffin shut right there. The players may not have put them in a position to win tonight, but that disgusting series of events made sure it wasn't going to happen.

Sasquatch, I couldn't agree with you more. This is not the first technical that JR has gotten on the ISU bench. OB getting tossed that late in a game with the outcome in the balance is ludicrous. The ISU fan raising a ruckus after the technical fouls was a complete embarrassment to ISU.

I am still livid over what I saw, frustrated over the way the team competed and angered over the events in the closing moments.

Imagine if ISU scored even 10 points in the fist 11 minutes of the game.

What an embaresment Joe is. Fire him now. Have Jay Mac take over for the reminder of the season.

Did anybody recognize that crazzy fan?

CAN KRAMER COACH BASKETBALL?......"okay, okay...i'm just askin".............LOL......how many days until "Kramer's Kick Off!"?........

What another 3-ring circus! Are you kidding me? The Bobby Knight style ball is a huge joke in my opinion.

(IF) this shoving incident did happen with the ref, then Obrien needs his walking papers in my opinion.

Let me ask again, Do the players play scared and are they intimidated of Coach Obrien? I believe some are!

This hoop team is now becoming the joke of the conference. Do the fans really deserve this?

And one more thing... For how much &#!@W# he gives his players, I hope he can take all this criticism because it is long overdue!

Just a thought with the marketing aspect and letting the public know whats going on... Why doesn't ISU put up a scrolling marquee on its continuing ed building on yellowstone (right by city hall)? Doesn't have to be fancy, just roll all the events athletic and non athletic going on at ISU. Lots of people go by there each day and ISU owns the property so it couldn't be that much red tape to go through. And I'm sure that Walmart, Costco, or some other business would partner with the Bengals to put up one on the other side of town to make sure as many people as possible see whats happening.

As for the state of things, I don't have much to say. Only that I was told once that when Bubb was brought here, a subtle reason was that it was fully believed that Bubb would cripple and bring an end to Athletics. His football hire nearly did, sounds like MBB is headed in a similar fashion. Too bad... The potential is there.

According to the Sac State board, Junior College Joe did shove a ref and security got invovled. Anyone have a tape of this?
Haven't seen any Big Sky press remarks on this either, although I wouldn't expect the Post-Register to put it in the Sports section if they did get it.
Way to go, Joe! But at least you didn't incur any damage to chairs, clip boards or other items that would cost to have replaced by the athletic department.
What a douche bag! :lol: Hey, Joe Blow - why don't you just blow out of here already!! :lol:
Wonder what he's going to do at EWU tonight!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

There was no contact with the official, and no suspension or otherwise...just two technicals. The official that issued them has thrown Joe out in the past at home against NAU I believe). The conference looks at everything, and I'm sure they reviewed the incident.

Let's get a win today and put it behind us.

FormerISUSID

Latest posts

Back