• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Joe must go

For me, the biggest thing is that fans have lost faith in the program... and I have a feeling some of the players have too. Usually when a program seems like a circus, the players feel it too.

I know I've lost faith in the program. On the plus side, I have found that I really enjoy going to the women's games this year! I have tried to go to the men's games and just can't handle it. Sorry. I just can't justify spending the money to go watch something that I know will be frustrating and maddening... and truthfully, it's not usually the players that I get frustrated with.

While I understand everyone's feeling here about Coach OB, there is one point, and the most important one that everyone is missing. Player responsibility and leadership. Last year and this year have are especially indicative of what happens to a team that does not have strong on the court leadership. The "Leader" on the court takes personal responsibility for his teams execution of the came plan, the play at hand, and court spirit. It is the part of the game that does not get written on a stat sheet. When the referee calls a foul on your team for breathing, or fail to call fouls for elbows on top of a shooters head, it is this player/leader who gets his team past it on the next play. That leader IS the difference in the game. I have spent a pretty penny in Foundation memberships, and season tickets, to watch lackluster performance, lack of drive or fury in play, poor shooting, defense and play execution and am as disappointed as the next guy. However, having had the privilege of attending practices, witnessing the team method, coaching, and education of the team, I know that the foundation is there. The players have been taught. The likes of Morgan last year and Gilcrest this year are testament to why we can't win on the road, come from behind, win all 4 critical phases of the basketball game. Especially if you look at last nights game vs Eastern Washington. 0 field goals by the team leader, until late in the game. I look to two very bright stars for the remainder of the season. Kenny and Chase. They are our Future.

POINTS PER GAME 62.9 303rd OVERALL
REBOUNDS PER GAME32.9 277th OVERALL
ASSISTS PER GAME 9.5 339th OVERALL
FIELD GOAL PCT .415 281st OVERALL

This is a bad basketball team plain and simple.

Another question, why is Phil T even playing? He is 47 – 132. He is an awful shooter.

You put Phil and Chase in the game at the same time and we are playing 3 on 5 on the offensive side. Phil shoots and makes 3 out of 10 and Chase is afraid to.

And for those who like to say that only conference matters.

heckler said:
POINTS PER GAME 62.9 303rd OVERALL [9th (Last) Place Big Sky]
REBOUNDS PER GAME32.9 277th OVERALL [9th (Last) Place Big Sky]
ASSISTS PER GAME 9.5 339th OVERALL [9th (Last) Place Big Sky]
FIELD GOAL PCT .415 281st OVERALL [7th Place Big Sky]

Also last in 3 point FG %, last in 3 point FG % defense.

Bengalfaithfull said:
While I understand everyone's feeling here about Coach OB, there is one point, and the most important one that everyone is missing. Player responsibility and leadership.

Sure, let's blame the players. Again.

Who recruited these players? Schroeder, AAA, Kinghorn, and Stucki were the best on-court leaders of the last 5 years. They weren't Joe's recruits.

When your senior class is comprised of JC transfers who were role players at best on their team, sometimes the 3rd or 4th best players from those JC teams, you can't expect instant leadership or scoring at the NCAA Division I level.

The on court player leadership reflects the sideline leadership:

Adversarial. Lacking team unity. No sense of "togetherness." Very little positive, even in the good parts of the game.

Teams reflect their coaches and our team is angry with no plan of attack other than to get more pissed off.

Singlewing said:
The on court player leadership reflects the sideline leadership:

Adversarial. Lacking team unity. No sense of "togetherness." Very little positive, even in the good parts of the game.

Teams reflect their coaches and our team is angry with no plan of attack other than to get more pissed off.

This is what I am saying too... It really does seem that our team has no plan whatsoever. No inside game and wait, wait and wait until the shot clock runs down and then we take desperation shots.

And last but not least it seems it happens alot (including last year) that we play catch up and then we go into Gihlcrest (spelling?) mode with 3min left in the game. If you don't know what Gihlcrest mode is, it is when Gihlcrest takes the ball by himself and runs down the whole court and shoots a lay up. No team chemistry-no plan of attack. Just one person trying to get it done himself. I don't blame Gihlcrest for this either. It is what goes on game after game with no accountability from the uppers?

I am not going to beat a dead horse anymore. I think you know how I feel. I guess my patience for ISU hoops has run empty.

i am just surprised there is no emphasis on recruiting idaho players. i know its not the easiest place to find basketball talent but it seems to me the local kids really take more ownership in the team. in OB's first three years he had Schroeder, Kinghorn and Stucki leading the charge. when those guys were on the floor you knew you were going to get some hard work and effort. i'm not saying they should only recruit local players but there isn't even one in-state player on the roster this year.

biobengal said:
If you're losing, why not do it with Idaho kids.
If you're winning, I don't care how you do it.

:mrgreen:

Haha amen man. To quote someone I hate to quote... ever... "Just win baby"

It would be cool to win with a couple local kids, can't argue that... but if we are winning 22 games and going to the dance, I don't care if they whole team is from the southeast coast of Nauru

Latest posts

Back