• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Kramer Out??

ajwildcat

Idaho State (FCS): Sources tell FootballScoop that head coach Mike Kramer is being let go after six seasons and a 18-50 mark, including a 2-9 record in 2016.

I've heard nothing but Football Scoop is usually pretty authoritative. They get a lot of info from agents. We shall see. I like Mike a lot as a person and I know he is going through a great deal of pain within his family right now. Whatever the outcome I wish him the best.

FootballScoop Update>> Official word from the school is that Kramer is retiring and former offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Rob Phenicie (who recently accepted a position at Northern Iowa as an offensive assistant), is returning to lead the program.

This is pretty crazy news. I've been hearing some rumblings, but wasn't sure what was going to happen. With Phen's announcement, they had to make some moves real quick to keep him. So glad Phen is back and a breath of fresh air!!

ISU Athletics on Twitter:

Mike Kramer has retired effective immediately. @rphen85 will return to Pocatello as the Head Coach. #GoISU

Kramer retires from Idaho State; Phenicie new ISU head coach
http://skylinesportsmt.com/kramer-out-at-idaho-state-phenicie-new-isu-head-coach/

UPDATED: Kramer forced out Idaho State; Phenicie new head coach
http://skylinesportsmt.com/kramer-out-at-idaho-state-phenicie-new-isu-head-coach/

At 5 p.m. Thursday afternoon, Idaho State athletic director Jeff Tingey met with the local and statewide media in a press conference that was streamed live online. He confirmed that Kramer would have been fired had he not decided to retire during a meeting staged between the two earlier on Thursday.

"The intention of our meeting earlier today was to improve the program," Tingey said. "I had open possibilities in what could or could not happen. But a change in the program and a change in the leadership was at the forefront of that.

When asks if Kramer would have chosen not to retire, would he still be ISU's head football coach, Tingey simply replied, "No."

Kramer's contract was set to expire after this season. An ISU representative said Kramer will continue to get paid through January of 2018. Tingey confirmed Kramer will be paid for eight months until January 21, 2018.

Sounds like the team had a very energized practice today with Phen and everyone in good spirits. So great to hear.

On a side note, there's another change ranks, but I'm not 100% positive so don't want to say anything. I'm sure we'll hear soon enough.

Tacoma5 said:
Sounds like the team had a very energized practice today with Phen and everyone in good spirits. So great to hear.

On a side note, there's another change ranks, but I'm not 100% positive so don't want to say anything. I'm sure we'll hear soon enough.

Lol tacoma5 I heard about this additional change today that you referenced. I simply laughed when I heard about this most bizarre newest development today. Unreal. Lol again like I said I can only laugh when I think about it even now how
strange this newest change is. Oh well onward and upward.

I was very sad to hear the news about Coach Kramer. I really like Coach Kramer ALOT. He believed in our son 100%, he was the coach who developed a relationship with our son in the recruiting process. He was the coach who extended the offer to our son to play football for him & attend ISU. We Had the greatest 3 hour visit with Coach Kramer in our living room during the recruiting process. He Stressed academics 1st, character & behavior 2nd & football 3rd. As a father I really respect him and the ISU program for that. Many thanks and gratitude and All the best from our family 2 coach Kramer & his family

It's not easy to accept & admit that ISU fans, families and players were thoroughly hoodwinked by that gasbag. Never cared for him and his penchant for throwing players under the bus.

Good start in draining the swamp.... but the timing????

No doubt about that Demain, it's musical chairs right now, but hopefully this is the end of it and we can focus on the season ahead. I can't tell you how happy I am with Phen in the captains chair.

In regards to your sentiments about Kramer, I feel the same. Regardless of what anyone says, he believed in our boys and gave them a chance to play D1 football and provide them with a quality education. For that I'm very thankful and wish nothing but the best for him wherever he goes.

Thank you Coach Kramer and know that you are respected!

Tacoma5 said:
No doubt about that Demain, it's musical chairs right now, but hopefully this is the end of it and we can focus on the season ahead. I can't tell you how happy I am with Phen in the captains chair.

In regards to your sentiments about Kramer, I feel the same. Regardless of what anyone says, he believed in our boys and gave them a chance to play D1 football and provide them with a quality education. For that I'm very thankful and wish nothing but the best for him wherever he goes.

Thank you Coach Kramer and know that you are respected!

lol yes tacoma5 this has to be the end of musical chairs lol because after this latest one it just can not get any weirder lol. The players seem like they are forging a foxhole bunker mentality and working there butts off.

...demian ?....Tacoma5 ?.....any one ?....care to give the rest of us a hint on the latest "change".....we're out here in the land where we are expected to simply stay silent, buy season tickets and roll with "everything"....... :coffee:

Only other change that I can see is Tyson Munns as "Chief of Staff" , whatever that means.?.?.? He is listed on the football coaches roster homepage.
Please tell me that we did not waste coaching staff $ for another admin.
He previously was apparently the equipment manager and associate AD for fundraising.....
Glad to see coach Phen in the captains chair and as OC, as we desperately need an attacking offense to keep the chains moving and to keep opposing defenses guessing every single play !!!
Good luck coach Phen !!!

It was time for Kramer to go! After 4 offensive Coordinators voluntarily leave in 4 years something was wrong. ( Bailey was promoted). It's just sad Tingy waited this long to pull the trigger on his employment. it took for another coach to leave to open his eyes! I understand he's a good guy personally, but your job is to fill the stands and win games!

Pat McCann was added to WR coach

Latest posts

Back