• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Kramer Out??

clawsout said:
...demian ?....Tacoma5 ?.....any one ?....care to give the rest of us a hint on the latest "change".....we're out here in the land where we are expected to simply stay silent, buy season tickets and roll with "everything"....... :coffee:

All I can say..Coach McCann's (new receiver coach) future is questionable with our team. Where he ends up is the doozy.

Tacoma5 said:
clawsout said:
...demian ?....Tacoma5 ?.....any one ?....care to give the rest of us a hint on the latest "change".....we're out here in the land where we are expected to simply stay silent, buy season tickets and roll with "everything"....... :coffee:

All I can say..Coach McCann's (new receiver coach) future is questionable with our team. Where he ends up is the doozy.

Your comment of "Where he ends up is the doozy." Is so spot on Tacoma5 lol haha

Pat McCann is not going anywhere!

Coach Phen was the WR coach last couple season, I never heard of an OC coaching an individual position besides QB coach. If McCann would leave whose coaching WRs? Whose coaching QBs?? Kinda of ridiculous if he's leaving..

TrueBengal said:
Pat McCann is not going anywhere!

Coach Phen was the WR coach last couple season, I never heard of an OC coaching an individual position besides QB coach. If McCann would leave whose coaching WRs? Whose coaching QBs?? Kinda of ridiculous if he's leaving..

Like I said earlier in this thread = I just had to laugh!!! I think it actually makes the story even better for the players though and helps to foster a foxhole bunker mentality

....as of this morning...with the "updated" coaches list showing Phenicie as HC....there is no "McCann" on the coaches list....i'm just just saying...... :coffee:

So did Tingey just call Kramers bluff? Let's face it nobody had much faith for the past couple seasons since we have had so many coaches leaving for other schools and less responsibility.

What has coach P. Done to warrant a D1 head coaching job?

What's with all the secrecy? Someone should get transparent real quick if they want to keep any semblance of a fan base.....

Bengal_believer said:
So did Tingey just call Kramers bluff? Let's face it nobody had much faith for the past couple seasons since we have had so many coaches leaving for other schools and less responsibility.

What has coach P. Done to warrant a D1 head coaching job?

What's with all the secrecy? Someone should get transparent real quick if they want to keep any semblance of a fan base.....

Coach Phen has the most experience on the current coaching Staff, he is a proven play caller. He should have gotten the OC position over a first timer in Matt Trowel over a first timer in Coach Cross. He called plays at the FBS AND FCS Levels.. I believe he is qualified. As far as the Head Coaching Position.. A. The timing was bad for ISU AND plus, its a no brainer decision in making Phen the HC. I like it! In the Previous years the play calling has been micro managed by coach Kramer. I think we are going to see a better play calling selection and no second guessing by the Head Coach. (because the HC IS CALLING THE PLAYS. I LOVE IT.

I wonder if Coach Phenicie will just be given a one-year contract at first to see what he can do, with a chance at having a multi-year contract later if he shows he can win games. In any event it's nice to have most of the staff together from last season to provide some continuity going into this season.

I think the most important thing here is the change of guard and Phen is a proven winner. If the players believe in him and his vision, it changes the whole mindset. I am a fan and other I've talked to believe in him. I think we'll see some stability from the coaches and the players from here on out. I can tell you that Friday's practice was hyped and all the coaches were on board as well as the players.

What we need to do now is support Coach Phen and our boys and give this change a chance. We have some damn good talented players and the handcuffs are off. I'm not saying we'll make the playoffs, but we'll definitely have a better season. Let's go ISU!!

boisebengal said:
I wonder if Coach Phenicie will just be given a one-year contract at first to see what he can do, with a chance at having a multi-year contract later if he shows he can win games. In any event it's nice to have most of the staff together from last season to provide some continuity going into this season.

This is just my thoughts on the contract for Coach Phenice = No way in hell would I think it would be fair to give a guy who had a current job at another D1 school (Northern Iowa) a one year contract to be the head coach at ISU for the 2017 season and see what he can do. I think there is no way in hell Phenice would have returned under that type of "verbal commitment" as (AD Tingey stated). You have to give him a 4 year contract, there is no way a guy would accept a head coach position for less than a 4 year contract I would think cuz he has to have time to have a recruiting class under him develop for a few years. If not than AD Tingey should have announced Coach Phenice as "Interim Head Coach" last Thursday. Since he announced Coach Phenice as "Head Coach" I have to think there is a multi year contract that was vebally discussed between Coach Phenice and AD Tingey, if not I would find it real hard to believe Coach Phenice would have gotten back on that airplane to return to Pocatello. AD Tingey mentioned a reason for naming Coach Phenice the head coach was the fact he worked at University of Montana and Tingey said "we want to create that type of thing here at ISU". Well Phenice needs more time than one season to create that type of situation that montana has if that is truly what Tingey is hoping to emulate. I could be WAY WAY wrong on this but its just my thoughts

demian said:
boisebengal said:

This is just my thoughts on the contract for Coach Phenice = No way in hell would I think it would be fair to give a guy who had a current job at another D1 school (Northern Iowa) a one year contract to be the head coach at ISU for the 2017 season and see what he can do. I think there is no way in hell Phenice would have returned under that type of "verbal commitment" as (AD Tingey stated). You have to give him a 4 year contract, there is no way a guy would accept a head coach position for less than a 4 year contract I would think cuz he has to have time to have a recruiting class under him develop for a few years. If not than AD Tingey should have announced Coach Phenice as "Interim Head Coach" last Thursday. Since he announced Coach Phenice as "Head Coach" I have to think there is a multi year contract that was vebally discussed between Coach Phenice and AD Tingey, if not I would find it real hard to believe Coach Phenice would have gotten back on that airplane to return to Pocatello. AD Tingey mentioned a reason for naming Coach Phenice the head coach was the fact he worked at University of Montana and Tingey said "we want to create that type of thing here at ISU". Well Phenice needs more time than one season to create that type of situation that montana has if that is truly what Tingey is hoping to emulate. I could be WAY WAY wrong on this but its just my thoughts

Many guys would accept any length of head-coach contract because it likely pays a lot better than what they're getting now. Even if they get fired after, say, 2 years, they still walk away with more money than they probably would after 4 years as an assistant.

They should have asked Kramer to retire or be fired after the Weber State game. It would have given a new head coach the chance to recruit and sign the players he wanted and prepare his assistants and himself for Spring Ball.

I agree with letting him retire after the last loss, but I'm thinking that the recruiting abilities that he had displayed were valuable enough to keep him a couple more months, plus something else significant had to have happened last week/month. It also feels like Tingey had some future plans for phenicie before that Kramer wasn't on board with.

I honestly feel like the page has turned which brings a refreshing new level of hope.

What about defense though?? We haven't been great there either. What's the scoop there?

Bengal_believer said:
I agree with letting him retire after the last loss, but I'm thinking that the recruiting abilities that he had displayed were valuable enough to keep him a couple more months, plus something else significant had to have happened last week/month. It also feels like Tingey had some future plans for phenicie before that Kramer wasn't on board with.

I honestly feel like the page has turned which brings a refreshing new level of hope.

What about defense though?? We haven't been great there either. What's the scoop there?

Kramer was probably going to do the play calling during the games. Kramer probably told Tingey that's how it is going to be so if he did not like it he could retire him or fire him or give him a contract extension.

Rumour gaining steam is that he was lobbying professors to give players the benefit of the doubt on grades.

Stronger rumor is that former athletes and/or boosters are really pushing for a Tingey replacement.

bengalcub said:
Rumour gaining steam is that he was lobbying professors to give players the benefit of the doubt on grades.

Stronger rumor is that former athletes and/or boosters are really pushing for a Tingey replacement.

Tingey said the football program needed a new direction in leadership and that Kramer would not return as head coach. Maybe, that rumor you mentioned influenced Tingey decision if true.

boisebengal said:

Boisebengal - I guess ISU did have the money to pay off Kramer contract going into Spring Football. $100,000.00 according to Tingey.

If they don't hire a new OC or WR coach, a good chunk of that money might be offset.

Not saying they won't but that may be something they are considering.

For what it's worth, Julia Cox (KIFI/KIDK) has confirmed that Pat McCann has left for another job...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/_CoxJulia/status/849637175289298946[/tweet]

Other media sources last week were reporting that former Montana State DL Coach and recruiting coordinator Bo Beck accepted a job with ISU. This morning Football Scoop is reporting he's still in the mix...

Idaho State (FCS): Colorado State-Pueblo (D-II) defensive line coach Bo Beck is a candidate for the same position at Idaho State, but we understand that nothing is official yet.

FootballScoop.com

Latest posts

Back