• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Lack of depth at WR.

That ruffles my APR feathers--but that doesn't take much.

It is encouraging that the coaches are holding players out of practice to focus on academics. However, it stings to read that players might not be given the liberty to focus on academics if they are currently in satisfactory academic standing.

I don't know about any of that, and I'd take some of it with a grain of salt, but I can definitely say this...we have kids miss practice or parts of them or come late or leave early due to class all the time. The actual practice time is two hours...most guys ought to be able to deal with being there for those two hours.

There's always three sides to every story. One side, the other side, and the truth that is usually in the middle between those other two sides...

ISUSID

Much as I hate to agree with Frank on anything, he is correct on this. As the saying goes: "Excuses are like A$$holes, everyone has one."

Fair enough--there are two sides to every story. The truth does usually land somewhere in the middle.

As for excuses and A**HOLES--I expect a full scrimmage report from you today, Blackfoot...no excuses!!! A full report and see if you can get a quick interview from Zamberlin.

Yes practice is 2 hours, but at the practices I go to the players are on the field at about 3:40 and get off the field at around 6:15. And on top of that, meetings before practice and weights in the morning. So its not like the only time commitment they have is 2 hours each day for practice. Hell, sometimes they meet after practice for another hour or so.

so if you're a player/coach/something else... quit

if not then stop going to practice....

stop bitching or go away... nobody is forcing you to participate

Spartan you get worked up so easily. All I was saying is that there is more time these kids are putting in than just 2 hours a day. Settle down big guy.

Yes, their commitment is more than two hours a day, but in the case you cited that Ben Laporta wanted to leave a practice early to study, and what I was stating is that maybe there was something else he could have missed instead of practice. I don't know, I wasn't there, I don't even know if it's true, I was just addressing what you had brought up.

ISUSID

bengalfanatic said:
Yes practice is 2 hours, but at the practices I go to the players are on the field at about 3:40 and get off the field at around 6:15. And on top of that, meetings before practice and weights in the morning. So its not like the only time commitment they have is 2 hours each day for practice. Hell, sometimes they meet after practice for another hour or so.

And what do you think every other NCAA athlete is doing across the country? Every football program does that. Btw there are no post-practice meetings held. Players can go in and watch film or ask questions if they choose, but nothing is scheduled.

Not too surprising on that route. Talented kid, but now he'll have to deal with the issue of being a 4-2-4 guy. Schools taking a look at him may be hesitant to take a chance on him. And that's only if he makes it through to get to that process. Good luck and good riddance. Another retention loss at ISU.

wow,

'Good luck and good riddance' as stated by isudude

really classy dude. just couldn't wish him well? you must be a valuable source of inspiration to those around you. maybe thats the kind of attitude he is trying to get away from

good luck to him and i hope he finds what he is looking for

Sparty--I see what you are saying and I think that deep down inside folks wish him well.

On the flipside--the kid has bashed and ripped the team and the Pocatello lifestyle on social networking sites and in has really talked quite a bit of trash about his fellow brethren manning the WR spots.

Senegal has all the physical tools to be a top WR at the BSC-level. The kid is a beast, but until he gets rid of his THUG style arrogance and me first attitude--I doubt he will be successful anywhere.

bengalcub said:
Sparty--I see what you are saying and I think that deep down inside folks wish him well.

On the flipside--the kid has bashed and ripped the team and the Pocatello lifestyle on social networking sites and in has really talked quite a bit of trash about his fellow brethren manning the WR spots.

Senegal has all the physical tools to be a top WR at the BSC-level. The kid is a beast, but until he gets rid of his THUG style arrogance and me first attitude--I doubt he will be successful anywhere.

Yeah wow, that FB wall page is kind of sad. He obviously needs some guidance. All the best to him in any case - just a kid sorting things out.

tigerpaws said:
bengalcub said:

Yeah wow, that FB wall page is kind of sad. He obviously needs some guidance. All the best to him in any case - just a kid sorting things out.

You are probably right...but sad stuff, nonetheless.

To be honest, there are two sides of any stories, quotations, dramas and such. And it's fun to play Devil's Advocate because what fun is a debate without one?

I'd be mad too if someone burned my redshirt for a few catches. And I was not, repeat, NOT thrilled with the offense last year. I mean, if I had a dime for all the screen passes and stretch plays we ran, I'd never have to worry about:

-Health insurance
-Tuition (plus room, board and food)

And why do we have a problem with someone venting...on their own damn FB page? I don't care if it's a social networking site or not. The kid's gotta vent somehow. If he catches flack from his teammates and others, so be it, it's his fault.

Yes Shaq can have a big head at times. Guess what? So can I. So can Dan Angell. So can everyone else who was born on this little blue planet of ours.

There is plenty of room for him to grow up. Yeah he should probably be a little more discreet and a little more mature about it. But when you're 18-19 years old, away from home in what should be a promising situation for an education and sports and you feel like you got shafted big time, what do you do?

Also, you have to admit. It's a pretty bleak situation here in Pocatello and ISU at the moment. Yes we're doing everything we can to pull out of it. But when you look at it, it is pretty depressing. We have high school-level facilities (save for the track and soccer field, which looks more like a collegiate facility), the conservatism in Pocatello is not only annoying but downright antagonistic, teams have high turnover rates, and COMPARED TO WHERE THESE KIDS ARE FROM there is not a lot to do here (plenty if you love the outdoors; and I take Pocatello up on the countless mountain trails all the time).

Super- I haven't agreed with you on much but I think you make a good point about getting his redshirt burned.

Once again, valid points by Superfan.

I would doubt that Shaq was forced to burn his RS--other kids did last season aw well for lessor roles. Plus, being bitter for being sat for spring ball...I would think that he would understand the fact that ISU was trying to keep him eligible. The fact that he maintains that he still has no idea why--well that is a stretch.

Personally, I think the kid if the kid was pissed off about the whole situation so much--leaving prior to the spring semester would have made sense.

With his skills and physical attributes, he could have used the spring to get his academics in order and used the fall to make a big splash on the offensive side of the ball. I think the adversity would have made him stronger.

Also, he seems to have burnt a bridge here with the coaching staff as they would not release him unless he agreed to go JC or Division II. I think he could have been more tactful in the strategy that he chose.

Anyhow, regardless of how I feel...I still feel like those that disagree have made very valid points.

Just a note...we would rather release him to a four-year school, but yes, he knows exactly why he was not practicing...and all it was is practice. He could still lift, go to meetings, and everything else...it was just practice he had to miss.

Cub hit the nail on the head...he needs to ditch the thug lifestyle and not burn bridges...there's a right way to leave (Evan Mozzochi, Luke Butler) and a wrong way. Shaq is on the latter side of things, and I love the kid...it's very depressing for me that he is not taking advantage of the opportunity laid out in front of him.

ISUSID

Latest posts

Back