• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Lets start Tradition this year...

Bengal Roar

Okay, lets think of a football tradition starting this year. Something that will stand out and the players and coaches will stand by. Let's make a list and make it come to reality. Everyone has got to be on board for this to happen. Things that come to mind......Cannon after every TD, Babe's or Dubby's old cleets hanging somewhere and the playeres hit them before taking the field, Biggest Bengal fan of that week to lead the team onto the field, Haka dance?

What do all yall think!? Lets hear some more ideas for Traditions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idCAtVDRuLw&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i like the cleets thing, but i would prefer something more visible. how bout we get the I.F. crowd a bit more and ask their zoo in I.F. to bring a Tiger down for every home game and have it in a cage the entire game on the sidelines nearer the ramp where the players come down. Also add to that the old school lights go out and "eye of the tiger" begins to play as the players come down the ramp.

diamonddave said:
i like the cleets thing, but i would prefer something more visible. how bout we get the I.F. crowd a bit more and ask their zoo in I.F. to bring a Tiger down for every home game and have it in a cage the entire game on the sidelines nearer the ramp where the players come down. Also add to that the old school lights go out and "eye of the tiger" begins to play as the players come down the ramp.

Good to have you back--sorry I could not locate your old user name and password for you. Anyhow, I see you figured out how to get registered and how to get back on board.

Kramer has everyone that I know excited!

Ideas:

-Singing of the Alma Mater after victories

-Cannon after TD's

-Haka is a nice idea but I think its lost its luster because several other teams do it nowadays.

+1 for the Tiger Idea, everyone wins. We get a Tiger, I.F. Zoo gets more exposure, and we start pushing Idaho Falls closer into our sphere rather than becoming an outpost for Boise State Communism...as an aside, make sure that cage is big and strong enough. Our prospective tiger has to be protected from the public and vice versa, as well as having some good room to roam and stretch his/her legs. I'm no animal loving PETA freak but I think the welfare of the beast must be thought of first and foremost. Overall though...I bow to this idea :notworthy:

-Cheer squad gets more guys on the team so that way, they can field flags that spell out "Idaho State" as they run. Or a simple "I" "S" "U" would be nice, followed by a flag with a Bengal head.

-With the ROTC program we have, maybe there's a way we can follow the steps of Texas A&M with ISU-themed uniforms the way the Aggies have TAMU-themed uniforms and yell-leaders.

-More thoughts on the way :)

The live tiger has been used for promos before... Any brainiacs remember what year this was? :wink:

realbengal.jpg

what about having the team meet at reed gym and walking together to "the Dome"...maybe accompanied by the band....bengal dancers, etc....students.....fans...people driving by ...honking and yelling support....the size of the crowd growing as they get closer........of course the team is in street clothes...'headed to war"....i'm thinking it might start out small...maybe bigger than i think....but grows as people join....fans could park at the dome and tailgate...then walk over to join the walk and back with the team....i think i read where "The" Ohio State University team does it...... :) ..but i was thinking when we went to Georgia...that i heard they do something similiar......obviously it would be a couple or three hours before the game......

Red Hill said:
+ 1 One of the captains could walk the tiger over from Reed too!

Yeah, that's not an accident waiting to happen. :roll:

The night before the game, the band, cheerleaders, dance team, Benny, and maybe even some players and coaches, should show up at some random, but busy, places. They could show up at Dick's, the mall, Fred Meyer, Walmart, Texas Roadhouse, Costco, wherever. Do a mini pep rally, play the fight song, get some fans excited, hand out some freebies like t-shirts, concession coupons, even a couple free tickets. Make it fun and get local businesses and the community behind you.

Go Bengals!

......what about having that tiger...obviously caged.... pulled slowly from reed to the dome by a four wheeler....with the team ...and fans walking behind....(BUT why i am getting visions in my head of the movie "Swiss Family Robinson" and the scene where the tiger climbs out of that pit and chases the pirates)....across the grass.....with the crowd getting ever bigger.....it might work......

Keep them coming folks.We are getting close to something.

It has got to be this year. New Coach-New field-New Football Program-New Traditions!!!

Brian McNeely....coach in the '90s...had the foundation the bengal tiger is on ..over at Reed Gym...painted to look like it was made of bricks and on each brick he had the scores of big ISU wins put on ....he always met the players there and either he or a coach "pep talked" before they boarded the buses to go...either to the airport or on their way....but at least...players, students, etc could see a connection from the past and big wins....and i think it helped connect the past with the future......

clawsout said:
what about having the team meet at reed gym and walking together to "the Dome"...maybe accompanied by the band....bengal dancers, etc....students.....fans...people driving by ...honking and yelling support....the size of the crowd growing as they get closer.

I think this would be a great and realistic new tradition. It would promote getting on site earlier to ensure you don't miss the team walk and would make tailgating MORE fun... if that's possible :)

The Tiger idea sounds cool but would be a pain in the rear to manage. God forbid something bad happens :(
The cannon would be bad ass but again; maybe too loud inside the dome and you always have to have the staff to operate.

Bengal Football... GET ON BOARD!

I'll compromise. Instead of a four wheeler, the captains could pull the tiger's cage from Reed to Holt. The tiger could live on Cadet field during the season. All we would need is some fencing and a strong leash. We could probably get most of that stuff from Cal Ranch. Also, we could have Del Monte meats donate some scraps so the tiger wouldn't get hungry. I know for a fact that we could lease a tiger from a mexican circus for cheap. This is the best idea to come to this board since I suggested that we borrow a ferris wheel and put it behind the east basket during the basketball season.

i like it!!.... :) ...but instead of "fencing and a strong leash"....cadet field is too beautiful for that.....why not put one of those collars that emit a signal on him and if the tiger gets close to crossing the line...it starts to give him a little jolt.... AND I'M SURE he'll understand and just back away from " invisible fence"....that way we keep the field looking pristine...and yet he can have a lot of room to stretch his legs.....and if we ever play BSU again...we park their bus at the old LDS institute and just tell them to walk across cadet toward the dome.....that will even out the odds for THAT game....... :)

Not to put a damper on your guys' ideas...but there are a few major conflicts:

-Students use Cadet Field. A LOT. Frisbee golf, soccer, sprawling out, walking to and fro from Reed and Rendezvous, we ruggers use it for touch rugby.

-Expanding on that point, bengal tigers are territorial. Just put two and two together. It only takes one douchebag student (or some foolish person from the general public) to provoke our wild friend into eating him, electronic collar or not. Tigers aren't humans. They go right for the kill, no questions or jumping around like an idiot, screaming "COME AT ME, BRO!".

-Why would we have the football team pull a heavy metal cage, with a large animal, to games, before said games? They are wasting valuable energy doing that.

-ISU would be a major target for animal rights' groups if the collar idea came about. I don't know about you, but I find animal rights groups unbearably annoying and self-righteous. ISU does NOT need THAT PR nightmare.

-Sissies? Wanting safety and regulations regarding the handling of a wild predatory beast is being a sissy. :? I am not making this connection. I don't care what manly American mythos you're trying to emulate, but whatever it is, it's asinine.

Look, I like the idea of a live mascot. But there has to be some serious caution if that mascot happens to be a predator. I don't see Montana kicking around the idea of having a live Grizzly Bear at their games. I'd wager 90% of the time, a live mascot consisting of a wild beast isn't going to happen. There are a lot of financial as well as safety reasons for that.

Red Hill....is it my imagination...or did i just see the bobbers go down on our lines?..........dare i use the words....."Hook, Line AND Sinker!"..........

I guess it's time to reel him in. I'm serious about the ferris wheel though. I know some people that could make it happen.

Latest posts

Back