• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Measuring Stick.

uftc, you make me feel like i'm taking crazy pills! lady, you're sweet 'n all but this talk seems disillusioned, like you dont really know how football works? but what do i care it's you're opinion and you are entitled :) ..thank goodness JC, has the wisdom and patience to teach you about these things.

The recruiting process is part of the measuring stick and Coach Z has been able to recruit some very good players to ISU. Coach Z understands that winning is critical at the college level but he also understands that recruiting great players determine outcomes to games. With that said, I think he will be offered a 2 year extension onto his current contract due to his excellent recruiting abilities but he will not receive a raise to his current salary because of his win - loss record at ISU. If he happens to win during the next 2 years, there will probably be a bonus plan to his extended contract.

Z has been able to recruit a few good players. This last class had one or two potentially more than the others. What remains to be seen is if he can keep this class here or if history will continue to be on the repeat button. What has happened over the past several recruiting classes that he has brought in, is that a host of kids leave. Being able to recruit is one thing. Being able to recruit, RETAIN, and then coach the players so they get better once they get here is more important. What you are saying is that Zamberlin will get a contract extension by being able to do one part of that equation.

FYI, straight from our APR guy, but ISU's football retention has gone up in each of Z's three years...

ISUSID

isusid said:
FYI, straight from our APR guy, but ISU's football retention has gone up in each of Z's three years...

ISUSID

That is good news, but what has it went up from? What is the increase year to year?

an improvement from terrible may only mean less terrible..come on frank specifics! also did the APR guy say anything about the APR?

If Z's retention numbers have went up each of the years that he has been here as Frank states, and I have no reason to doubt him, then Z has improved on Larry's numbers but ya'll are beating Z up for retention. It sounds like the retention problems were with the last staff. Help me with your philosophy.

I don't have the numbers...I'm just telling you his rentention numbers have been going up. Remember, folks are ONLY looking at the signing day class, and not all the other freshmen on scholarship who come in....it's a very complicated equations.

APR is a goofy tool to say the least. Learned this one...if a kid completes his eligibility with a perfect 4.0, and fished all his course work, but decided instead of graduating in May he would like to graduate in December...guess what. That kid as an 0-for-2!??!?!? Really...the NCAA counts him as an 0-for-2 because he eligibility is up (since he has played four seasons), and because he is not in school (because he is done). How assinine is that?

That's why I look at APR numbers with disdain personally...Anyways, back to the question, I don't have them, but I do know specifically on the points of retention, those have improved each year under this staff, and that's year-to-year.

ISUSID

APR is a goofy tool to say the least. Learned this one...if a kid completes his eligibility with a perfect 4.0, and fished all his course work, but decided instead of graduating in May he would like to graduate in December...guess what. That kid as an 0-for-2!??!?!? Really...the NCAA counts him as an 0-for-2 because he eligibility is up (since he has played four seasons), and because he is not in school (because he is done). How assinine is that?

Jesus Christ! has this happened to us?!

keep up the fine work Frank, we know you'll get the numbers to us when you have them ;)

Latest posts

Back