• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Men's basketball postmortem 2014-2015

My best hope is Evans resignes. He does not recruit D1 players. It would be better to buy him out then go on with him, in my opinion.

lockanth said:
That was a great game last night. I was worried when the Bengals took their for off the gas and played stall ball but they were able to pull it off.

I also enjoyed coach Evans interview after the game. He sounded about as frustrated as the rest of us and it sound like he was willing to look at a new ways to improve. Here is a couple things I remember
(1) will not play as much of the zone defense next season. Expect more man 2 man
(2) is looking specifically for shooters first in recruiting.
(3) Sadly, he didn't seem to have much confidence that a freshman who was redshirting this season would be able to contribute much next season. He did they say that all were very hard workers but had to think very hard on how to respond to "are any of them shooters?" he finally responded with so and so is getting better.
(4) it sounds like they have a few offers out but that they will put some pressure on a few of them to sign because coach Evans doesn't want to miss out on plan A and plan B with recruiting.

Sounds to me like a lot of jc players coming in. If they are anything like Sanchez, Hansen, or Solarin I'd be quite happy.
Then why did he continue to play the zone and not man to man more this year? As a coach you make adjustments. Why didn't he make them? Why is he identifying his problems now? Why didn't he make the adjustments during the season.
Lets hear the excuses!

In his defense he did start pressuring the ball more and limiting open looks in the idaho game. You don't learn a good man defense in a few days. And you need better athletes to play man.

notabengalalum said:
Really enjoyed seeing the Bengals beat UI last night and have the seniors go out with a win. What I can't understand is Evans' substitutions (not just last night.) We seem to get some momentum built and he subs out the guy with the hot hand or the guy that just made some good defensive play or took control of the boards. Talk about destroying any pace and flow! Witness Ajok Magot against UI and then Erik Nakken coming off the bench, hitting a crucial 3 vs EWU and getting subbed pronto. :thumbdown: These are just two in the past two games. The season has had countless others.
It seems like Evans' game management plan is to sub and re-sub no matter what the subs or starters are doing. Forget the adjustments and just continue on. Maybe that's part of the reason why we're cellar dwellers.
He may be a great guy and a knowledgable basketball man but from his media interviews and sideline demeanor I fail to see the Bengals being whipped into an enthusiastic frenzy by this coach, either.
From some of the earlier posts, it looks like ISU will be scraping through the "scratch and dent bin" to fill next year's roster as well. Hopefully, we find a gem or two hidden there. If not, it's going to be another long winter. :twocents:

I agree about the subbing. Some of it doesn't make sense. I watched the game last night, and Brad was wondering why in the Hell he put a small lineup out there with less than a second on the clock. You knew Idaho really only had the option to tip the ball to the basket. I'm sure he thought he had his best defenders in there, but you can't teach height. Why wasn't Magot in there to help plug up the middle? Or at least Slavik or Bradley? I'd be curious as to why he didn't do that?

He doesn't sound enthusiastic at all when he interviews. I hope he and his staff have more energy when they are in a recruit's home to hype up the program.

Latest posts

Back