• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Mike Kramer ISU's Next Head Coach.

bengalcub

Mike Kramer has accepted the Head Coaching position at Idaho State and will be the next Bengal football coach.

I have confirmed this through multiple sources.

Welcome aboard Mike Kramer. Go Bengals!!!

Jeff Tingey has delivered Idaho State a new direction and one helluva a head coach.

1985 Bears said:
No way! Not that quick? Really? Zamberlin didn't assume room temperature yet.

Funny, those were my thoughts as well. I figured... wait until after the EWU game.

Whatever, IFFFFF this is the hire then I'm on board, totally. ISU took a stab at a BSU alum... I'm hoping we hit gold with an Idaho alum. :lol:

I still think they should have looked at Lance Anderson. The recruiting would get better and he is also a local guy. He recruited Taysom Hill so he isn't afraid of Idaho kids.

1985 Bears said:
I still think they should have looked at Lance Anderson. The recruiting would get better and he is also a local guy. He recruited Taysom Hill so he isn't afraid of Idaho kids.

Nah, this is a proven guy in the BSC.
I know this is your guy but ISU will be getting a proven HEAD COACH in Kramer.... IFFFF this is true.

biobengal said:
1985 Bears said:

I know this is your guy but ISU will be getting a proven HEAD COACH in Kramer.... IFFFF this is true.

Hurt that you would doubt me, Bio. ;)

I would never mislead The Den intentionally. I suppose he could change his mind. :mrgreen:

bengalcub said:
biobengal said:
1985 Bears said:

Hurt that you would doubt me, Bio. ;)

I would never mislead The Den intentionally. I suppose he could change his mind. :mrgreen:

Stranger things have happened eh Cub.
Tippin' one of my favorite brews.... Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA in celebration of the NEAR Kramer hire. :lol:

This is great, Kramer is a great coach and a big personality that will get your program going in the right direction if he has to carry it on his back. Mike is one to learn from his mistakes and I have 100% confidence that the APR issues we had will not be an issue at ISU. This is good for Kramer, good for ISU and good for the Big Sky.

At least Zamberlin cleaned house so spring ball doesn't have to be a butcher block from hell. I remember the spring after McNeely got canned. Pure hell with Walsh. We didn't even have enough players to scrimmage in the spring.

cats2506 said:
This is great, Kramer is a great coach and a big personality that will get your program going in the right direction if he has to carry it on his back. Mike is one to learn from his mistakes and I have 100% confidence that the APR issues we had will not be an issue at ISU. This is good for Kramer, good for ISU and good for the Big Sky.

Cats, we need this, in Idaho it has become all about BSU lately (no competing against a NC contender), ISU needs someone who can float this boat using his personality. Zamberlin didn't have it.... Lewis didn't have it, in fact many BSC didn't even like him.

Unless there is administrative and financial support for the athletic department one more football coach will make no difference. Jay Heater is right.

I hope this rumor is true. Kramer is worthy of a second chance. But get ready Bengals-you'll be on a roller coaster ride (roller coasters can be fun)!

I can't say it will be exactly the same at ISU, but right from his first press conference Kramer had our boosters and fan based energized. After the tenure of the very honorable, but extremely socially inept Cliff Hysell, Kramer was a breath of fresh air. He criss-crossed the state with a missionary zeal that we had never seen before at MSU. He understood the importance of all the gameday stuff our previous coaches dismissed as somebody else's problem-he was even made a contributon to get the band going. Kramer will have folks in Idaho feeling positive about ISU.

Now we had some bumps in the road. A lot of players from the previous regime left, and Kramer's first season we went 0-11. But even in that season the team was noticeably improving. The next year we were 5-6 and the season after that we beat the griz for the first time in 16 years and went to the playoffs.

Best of luck. I hope it all works out!

It sounds like this guy likes to get his way. This will be interesting. There will be a bumping of heads because I am betting Tingy promised this guy the world.

Maybe Kramer is looking for a second change and a fresh start. Maybe we could spend a few days being excited before we start to talk about what a swine Tingey is. What do you think?

BelgradeBobcat said:
I hope this rumor is true. Kramer is worthy of a second chance. But get ready Bengals-you'll be on a roller coaster ride (roller coasters can be fun)!

I can't say it will be exactly the same at ISU, but right from his first press conference Kramer had our boosters and fan based energized. After the tenure of the very honorable, but extremely socially inept Cliff Hysell, Kramer was a breath of fresh air. He criss-crossed the state with a missionary zeal that we had never seen before at MSU. He understood the importance of all the gameday stuff our previous coaches dismissed as somebody else's problem-he was even made a contributon to get the band going. Kramer will have folks in Idaho feeling positive about ISU.

Now we had some bumps in the road. A lot of players from the previous regime left, and Kramer's first season we went 0-11. But even in that season the team was noticeably improving. The next year we were 5-6 and the season after that we beat the griz for the first time in 16 years and went to the playoffs.

Best of luck. I hope it all works out!

Thanks for the wishes.... you must know Kramer will be lookin' to take MSU down! This should be fun, taking the ISU-MSU rivalry up a notch!

Say it ain't so. Do we really want a coach that's in his late 50's, was fired from his last job because of problems with the players and coaches (Doesn't matter if he was a scapegoat it was still his program), and has been out of coaching for several years? I would bet he's not on anybody elses short list.

ISU needs to look for a young assistant coach who wants to use ISU as a stepping stone to a better job. I would like to see ISU get somebody like Brandon Doman at BYU. I don't know if he would even be interested, but thats the type of coach we need to get here. SUU got their quarterback after he left BYU last year. He went to SUU because the coaches there had a relationship with BYU. BYU has two backup quarterbacks that I would love to get at ISU.

I don't think we need to keep going after old BSC conference coaches that nobody else wants.

biobengal said:
Thanks for the wishes.... you must know Kramer will be lookin' to take MSU down! This should be fun, taking the ISU-MSU rivalry up a notch!

Of course!

I won't lie-it will be kind of awkward seeing him on the opposing sideline-but even when he was beating the tar out of us when he was at Eastern I couldn't help but love the guy. He talks up opponents as much as his own team. The Big Sky is a better league with Mike Kramer in it.

MSU is on a streak of 9 straight winning seasons. It started in 2002 (Kramer's 3rd season). Much of the success we're experiencing now is a carryover from his efforts.

And lets face it-we will have a stadium expansion to pay for-a Kramer led ISU team coming in to Bozeman ought to be worth a couple thousand extra tickets.

Latest posts

Back