• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Mike Kramer ISU's Next Head Coach.

tigersmilk said:
outtastate said:
I have a funny irony to the Kramer hire. Coach Z's 2002 Central Washington mopped up Montana State on their Homecoming in Bozeman. It was priceless to see the look on Kramer's face after he got embarrassed. The fans were chanting Z's name, it was great!!! By the way, didn't ISU and MSU share the Big Sky Championship that year? Will somebody send me a ring please, cause all of us ex-Central players deserve a share of that! Good luck Tingey and all you fare weather ISU fans!!!!

zamberlin won half his games here with coach lews players during his first season.

I think he only won three games his first year and then 1 each of the next 3 years with 1 game to play. hence a 6 - 40ish record.

Outtastate if you think Coach Z is so great then answer me this would you take him back at Central Washington or keep the current head coach Blaine Bennet? Because as far as I can see since Coach Z has left Central Washington's win loss record is 48-14. What I find funny is in all of his four years I can never recall Coach Z taking the blame for anything. Even in his last interview he blamed having to travel by bus to away games and not having a secretary as the reasons as to why he didn't succeed here. As far as I can recall the game is played on the field not in your office Coach. Not once did he take the blame for not having the team prepared or ready to play. No No No it was never his fault for anything that happened during his tenure at ISU. Good riddance as far as I am concerned. Bye Bye Coach Z

The problem with Zamberlin is the poor me attitude and the notion that everyone has it better.

I am not going to sit here and say that ISU was behind Zamberlin like they needed to be. They had budget cuts and traditionally the high ups have not been very supportive of ISU. However, the attitude that Zamberlin has shows up on the field and infects the team. Because Z-Man never sacks up and takes responsibility.

Just look at the ISJ article. Tingey won't place blame in public and Zamberlin won't accept any responsibility.

I'll take that bet outtastate.

It sounds like Central Washington has the same problem with having folks that should be in the circus. The difference now, Zamberlin is taking his act on the road. Six wins in four years is pathetic no matter what excuse you want to make for him.

Tell you what, this fan has no misrepresentation of what is going on in our program. Tingey's nuts are dropping right before our eyes and this cat is swinging for the fences. Kramer is a perfect indication that times are changing.

Kramer had some assistants at MSU that are on the Boise State staff. One is the DC that was Kramer's DC and don't see that guy moving to Pocatello. Another is the defensive backs coach that would make a logical choice to the the DC at ISU. He wants to be a DC and currently he has the current DC ahead of him plus the linebackers coach that was the DC at Cal for eight years and was the DC under Hawkins his first year at BSU. Plus Kramer does have a win over Coloarado and held Oklahoma State to 17 points the year before.

Yes, it looks to be Kramer's job from all indications / publications/ on line sites etc etc.

So, This is the way it HAS TO BE this time.

This can be fixed. It was fixed back in 80- 81and a couple more years after that. Kragy had help from the Administration.
When ISU lost BABE as AD, and COULTER as PRES..it went to hell. These two guys gave support for the program, all sports programs at ISU. They were great for ISU. Since then, after Coach Koetter was let go it went to hell even more. Too many AD's that had no business being there, and when we did get a good one like in Jim Senor (sp?) he did not get any help from BOWEN....BOWEN TOOK US DOWN BIG TIME....HE DID NOT CARE AT ALL ABOUT UPPER CAMPUS....Jim had a vision but when BOWEN gave him no respect or help...OFF HE WENT....
IRV CROSS? GAUTHIER (sp?) BUBB? to name a few....NO -WHERE, but with BOWEN, they could not go get anywhere.

My point is this...KRAMER can do a great job. He has been proven in this league and looks to be a guy who can get fans, $$$$, and wins. BUT, if we do not change the system....then he will go nowhere. I do feel that this time, TINGEY and VALIS have this all put together and are going to make the right changes to GET ER DONE....I hear new turf is coming..++++ more $$ for the coaching staff to hire coaches that want to make a move to Pocatello +++++ Hopefully better travel, recruiting etc etc. RECRUITING needs to step up. YOU NEED MORE $$$ to get this done. Better facilities etc!

The BENGAL FOUNDATION needs to step it up. We need to get outside the BOX or in this case...POCATELLO and BOISE once a year....WE NEED ALL OF SE IDAHO TO GET ON BOARD...get on the wagon with all alums and there are plenty of us. Get the names like HOGE and ALLEN and CHATTERTON and Machurek and so on and so on back on the bus. ISU needs to get a name out there again. I feel that this time they can make it better. I feel Kramer can get this done too. He needs to reach out to all parts of Idaho and get people excited again.

Thanks for the time. IT IS TIME TO CHANGE and WE NEED TO CHANGE NOW!!
I am tired of the crap I hear and take about my ALMA!!

ROAR BENGALS ROAR!!

Marbs you are 100% right and I have a feeling that Tingey is going to change things at ISU. The Bengals need to have a bigger footprint in the Boise market. Lots of ISU folks call the Boise area home right now.

I want to help and I am on board.

Great hire. Kramer has always been a great coach and a class act. I remember when he was at EWU and of cousre the other school in Montana he always had his players ready and jacked to play the Griz. This is the best thing to happen to Bengal football in quite some time. The next best thing would be to get rid of your green concrete playing surface. Best of luck this weekend. I know everyone at the game tommorow will be rooting for you guys to kick some E :mrgreen: agle ass... GO BENGALS !!!!!!!!!

bengalcub said:
Wouldn't be surprised to see Rob Christoff and Kane Ioane join Kramer in Pocatello.

Christoff:
http://www.govandals.com/ViewArticl...&DB_OEM_ID=17100&ATCLID=3699916&Q_SEASON=2010

Ioane:
http://www.msubobcats.com/coaches.aspx?rc=14&path=football

ISU would be fortunate to get Christoff back as the Defensive Coordinator.
I was extremely disappointed when he left for GREENER$$ pasture$ a few years back.
I don't blame him for making double the money as a "video coordinator" at BSU.
He obviously was bored stiff and over qualified for whatever he was doing there and went to join Akey at UI when he took the helm.

Bring back Christoff and pay him what he is worth and what the position should be paid commensurate with his duties and the market!!!

As far as Ioane, I don't know about this one. Young guy with huge upside, BUT....I would say that he still bleeds Cougar blue. Not seasoned enough to separate allegiance to almamater and school working for.

I am sure Ashe already has a few guys in place ready to make the move right away.
Everyone needs to remember the urgency here with respect to recruiting.
JC recruiting is popping right now (let's face it, we will need a few JC kids to boost talent level asap) and high school kids need to be courted now and it provides credibility to have the coaches in place and recruiting that are gonna be the ones they learn and play for in spring, summer and fall.

I say YES to Christoff.

Mike Kramer is probably the one coach that could turn around ISU and get it back to competing for playoff spots. He knows what it takes to win in the Big Sky and how the beat the Griz and probably the Bobcats now. Kramer was given the blame for a lot of stuff that should have fallen on our AD's shoulders.

He was able to lift the Bobcat program from a twenty year slumber and Idaho State isn't further behind that what we were. He worked tirelessly to build up fan support and is a great person to talk to.

Just have him keep his hands off of our staff at MSU. He knows enough people around the nation to put together a quality coaching staff.

You couldn't have made a better hire. I will root for the Bengals except when you play the Cats.

Cat fans have been absolutely classy about this whole thing. I think it shows the quality of program builder that Kramer is. I think it also shows that other conference members would like to see ISU on its feet again.

Congrats on the hiring of your new head coach. I think Kramer is just the type of guy that ISU needs. It would be great thing for the Big Sky to have Idaho State become a successful program again.

I still can't believe we were able to hire Mike Kramer. It may take a few years, but he'll get the job done here. ISU football will be exciting again.

Hey Old #74, that's interesting what you had to say about Jim Senter. For the record, Senter had said that he enjoyed the fund-raising aspect of college athletics -- and he's a natural born salesman. But he didn't like the hiring and firing aspect of an AD's duties. It makes a lot of sense to me that he couldn't work with Bowen. We're all glad he's not the ISU President anymore.

BTW, I've met you before. I know quite a few former FIJI's at the Univ. of Idaho, including the crazed one from Phoenix. You know, the one with the perfectly palmable head, who went berserk when he had a few drinks.

Latest posts

Back