• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts, upgrade to remove ads and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your BigSkyFans.com experience today!

Potential Head Coaches

I beg to differ EWU tang clan, Under Baldwin EWU did more with less resources, less academic reputation . less alumni support etc. He did a superior job and attracted a lot of good assistant coaches along the way. He slapped around the top tier big sky schools while having this disadvantage. very hard to do. His superior coaching overcame a lot of obstacles.
I don't disagree with any of this. But it is a fact that it didn't translate well when he was at an actual FBS school. Even a power 5 school like Cal. Cal is the best public school in the world and has a ton of rich alumni. Yet his offenses always ranked near the bottom of the Pac. I don't know if it was cause of Justin Wilcox or P5 defenses adapting to his schemes or what. But his time at Cal and Arizona State did not go well.
 
Baldwin had some unbelievable staffs at Eastern. I really think if he could have found an FBS job and brought most of them with him he would have been fine. The Baldwin Eastern teams gave Pac 12 teams fits in nonconference games. I really don't see why Illinois picked Hauck.
Yea I don't know what happened but his offenses at Cal and ASU sucked. Maybe he would have been better as a head coach at a G5 school.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top