• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Quarterbacks

Kramer has said all season long that he needs his QB's to throw for first downs and score touchdowns on every possession to have a winning season. I wonder if he plans to sign another JUCO QB for the 2016 and 2017 seasons as he was not satisfied with his QB's play this season?

Listening to the coaches show tonight it does not appear Kramer will pursue another JUCO QB during recruiting season as he said that Gueller and Sanders are now experienced

After the Weber State game, Kramer announced that Gueller will be considered the starting QB going into the 2016 season and Sanders will be the backup QB. The good news is both QB's got playing experience this past season so both should be better next season.

up for the challenge said:
After the Weber State game, Kramer announced that Gueller will be considered the starting QB going into the 2016 season and Sanders will be the backup QB. The good news is both QB's got playing experience this past season so both should be better next season.
I like Tanner. When he plays I find myself expecting big things and a fun run now and then. However, Sanders puts up the yardage in the air. This comment by Kramer is a mind trick to motivate Sanders. He wouldn't announce a QB one week in advance of this season... Now he's announced the starting QB for next year!?! Nah, I'm not buying it. MIND GAME.

Kramer needs to get a QB coach that can teach the QB's how to read a defense.
Also, he needs a offensive coordinator he can trust with the playbook.
It's obvious Kramer doesn't have that.

Sanders needs to work on checking down, not be locked onto one guy. I think spring ball will really help.
Gueller needs to stop turning the ball over. He threw more TD's to the opposing team, than his own this year. Or at least it felt that way. Tough kid though, can take a hit.
Kvinsland looks like a project. Long slow delivery. Low release point.
If Kramer stays with what he has, he has to get a new QB coach and OC.

Personally I'd like to see Don Bailey back here as well to run the offense, and don't think for a minute that Kramer wouldn't want him back if he had the chance. Because Kramer only wants what's best for the program. A guy like Larry Lewis was extremely loyal to his coaches and would never let them go, regardless of how bad of a coach they were. Whereas Kramer wouldn't hesitate for a minute to get rid of someone, if he knew they weren't doing a very good job.

Hawaii's last game of the season is this Saturday in Honolulu, and from there we'll see if Bailey gets any offers to coach at another 1-A school. But when you see what he's done thus far at Hawaii, which isn't much, I'm not really sure if he would. Kramer would keep Sheldon Cross somewhere on the staff if we got Bailey back. For next year we really need some better defensive players, primarily linebackers. And our special teams need to improve greatly. And we need some better QB play. I really don't think we'll go after another QB at this time -- but knowing Kramer, you never know what he's going to do.

boisebengal said:
Personally I'd like to see Don Bailey back here as well to run the offense, and don't think for a minute that Kramer wouldn't want him back if he had the chance. Because Kramer only wants what's best for the program. A guy like Larry Lewis was extremely loyal to his coaches and would never let them go, regardless of how bad of a coach they were. Whereas Kramer wouldn't hesitate for a minute to get rid of someone, if he knew they weren't doing a very good job.

Hawaii's last game of the season is this Saturday in Honolulu, and from there we'll see if Bailey gets any offers to coach at another 1-A school. But when you see what he's done thus far at Hawaii, which isn't much, I'm not really sure if he would. Kramer would keep Sheldon Cross somewhere on the staff if we got Bailey back. For next year we really need some better defensive players, primarily linebackers. And our special teams need to improve greatly. And we need some better QB play. I really don't think we'll go after another QB at this time -- but knowing Kramer, you never know what he's going to do.

On D we need to change to the 4-3 and get away from the 3-4. the 4-3 is a base for our talent and will allow us to cut down on give up 300 yrd a game on D

If Bailey did come back--Gueller will have every opportunity to be the starting QB. Bailey didn't want a JC QB and Kramer was unsure about going with a RSFR. When Bailey left--Kramer went out and grabbed a JC QB for insurance purposes. I can see the merit in both thoughts truthfully.

When Kramer announced the Gueller would be the number one going into spring, I immediately thought Bailey may be back in the house next season. Pure speculation on my part--but hell that is what this board is for.

I like Cross and the excitement that I see on some of his twitter feeds. I am not sure what to say about if he can be a successful as an OC or not but the offense looked way out of sync with a ass ton of talent. Blame it on the QB's all you want. I saw a team that couldn't adjust much beyond the first series of a game on the offensive side of the ball regardless of who the QB was and that is a problem. Perhaps it was Kramer being overbearing and overriding calls...who knows?

I would like to see the 4-3 come back as well. ISU has lots of young talented, big defensive lineman. Plus if Jenkins is back and healthy, the Bengals will return three solid LB's, all of which had close to or more than 100 tackles in their last season of action.

MSUs Prukop could be available. Pissed that Ash got canned, saying he won't play if his OC leaves. OC has NOT been give any expectation of continued employment, and Prukop graduates next month. Two-fers?

otis campbell said:
MSUs Prukop could be available. Pissed that Ash got canned, saying he won't play if his OC leaves. OC has NOT been give any expectation of continued employment, and Prukop graduates next month. Two-fers?

That would be awesome but it's not happening.

Why isn't Kramer pursuing another transfer QB as he was not happy with his QB play this past season ? He must feel Gueller or Sanders will have a turnaround season and win him a Championship in the Big Sky in 2016.

I was told today from someone who works with the team that Michael Sanders will not be playing for ISU next season. He will be transferring. Tanner Gueller will be (as for now) the starting quarterback. I don't think it's a bad thing to have a 3 year starter. But does that make Robert Kinvsland a flight risk being that he plays the role of back up 3 out of 4 years?

BengalBannMan said:
I was told today from someone who works with the team that Michael Sanders will not be playing for ISU next season. He will be transferring. Tanner Gueller will be (as for now) the starting quarterback. I don't think it's a bad thing to have a 3 year starter. But does that make Robert Kinvsland a flight risk being that he plays the role of back up 3 out of 4 years?

If true, Sanders scholarship was not going to be renewed. Why would any player on full scholarship player want to transfer going into their senior year unless they want to attend another college and take out a student loan for 25 K or more ? The chance of securing another full scholarship for his senior year is slim to none.

UFTC. I would agree, however I do think Sanders is worried about not playing his senior year being that Kramer may just want to continue with building his long term future QB in Tanner Gueller.
I'll find out more about where and why Sanders is transferring.... as we sit though, we really only have Tanner Gueller and Robert Kinvsland as QBs. Yes we have Trea Pilster, but we need a true 3rd string. The big sky saw Alot of QB injuries this year.
Just for fun info...in the Weber State game when Tanner was playing, the talk on the sidelines of who would be his back up in THAT game....not Trea Pilster... KW Williams! Apparently he was one hell of a quarterback in High School too.

Latest posts

Back