• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Quarterbacks

So we must look either pretty desperate or confused or lacking confidence. Is every player recruited as the backup QB?
Come on guys, I want information about the goings on in the off season as much as anybody, we have great recruiting too, don't get me wrong, but we obviously need better coaching quality, not player quality right now.

I think Tanner gueller is gonna rock next year! If he stays upright so will the win column. (Humble prediction).
Who cares who the backup is, I think Kvinsland (sorry for sp) will do great in practice, and what is it they say he's the "next man up" if it's another crap year.

Keep recruiting the best QB available every single year IMO, where is the downside?

Bengal_believer said:
So we must look either pretty desperate or confused or lacking confidence. Is every player recruited as the backup QB?
What are you talking about? No one said anything about players being recruited as back up QBs. Just wondering what you mean bengal_believer.
And I totally agree with you about Tanner. I think he will do fantastic next year! His numbers were good in the games he played, and he's fun to watch. He just needed to get rid of the rookie freshman mistakes and interceptions. Next year he will be the veteran.

up for the challenge said:
Sanders leaves program because he was forced out by Kramer. How many QB"s have we lost under Kramer? Answer - a bunch

No kid signs with a college to be a backup quarterback. Unless you're Ohio State, once it's clear a young man isn't going to play, he's gone.

Skippy said:
Sanders leaves program because he was forced out by Kramer. How many QB"s have we lost under Kramer? Answer - a bunch

No kid signs with a college to be a backup quarterback. Unless you're Ohio State, once it's clear a young man isn't going to play, he's gone.

And sometimes they are forced to leave the program because the head coach decided not to renew their scholarship

Skippy said:

And sometimes they are forced to leave the program because the head coach decided not to renew their scholarship

Yep, and that happens to a lot of kids who aren't quarterbacks. But do we know that happened in this instance?

Skippy said:
Skippy said:

Yep, and that happens to a lot of kids who aren't quarterbacks. But do we know that happened in this instance?

nope. Kramer will just say that Sanders left the program. Losing a starting QB or a back up QB that was signed by Kramer is not good news for the program. Have to think Kramer is going after another transfer QB to replace Sanders based on At Need.

Happens at every program, at every position. It might seem more pronounced at QB, because you generally have just 3 on the roster at this level.

There were plenty of QB's who left from Zamberlins' time. Just to mention a few. Evan Mozzochi, Luke Butler, Codi Boek, Kyle Morris. Heck, Grayson Galloway was ran off before he even got here. The list goes on and on, here and elsewhere.

boisebengal said:
Since Kramer ran Sanders off, do you think he'll bring in a JC transfer or a D-1 drop down for more competition?
I don't think Kramer ran Sanders off. I feel Sanders wanted to have guaranteed playing time. He never fully proved himself as the solid starter. I'm working on the name of the school he is transferring to, but it's a Division II school.

Kyle Morris left the program under Kramer and not Zamberlin after Kramer took over the program. Kramer signed transfer QB's in Kevin Yost and Justin Arias for the 2011 season so Kyle Morris transferred to Humboldt State for the 2011 season.

BengalBannMan said:
boisebengal said:
Since Kramer ran Sanders off, do you think he'll bring in a JC transfer or a D-1 drop down for more competition?
I don't think Kramer ran Sanders off. I feel Sanders wanted to have guaranteed playing time. He never fully proved himself as the solid starter. I'm working on the name of the school he is transferring to, but it's a Division II school.

Why would Kramer announce that Gueller would be the starting QB going into the 2016 season? It is not like Gueller was the better QB during the season when he got the starts. Sanders got the only win for ISU against North Dakota who was a ranked team at the time. Kramer just wanted another Justin Arias and it did not happen for the 2015 season.

BengalBannMan said:
boisebengal said:
I don't think Kramer ran

Why would Kramer announce that Gueller would be the starting QB going into the 2016 season? It is not like Gueller was the better QB during the season when he got the starts. Sanders got the only win for ISU against North Dakota who was a ranked team at the time. Kramer just wanted another Justin Arias and it did not happen for the 2015 season.
Kramer never did announce Tanner Gueller as the 2016 starter. I feel Sanders thinks that his job as a starter is not locked down, and thus leaving to a D2 school to play out his senior year. I only said Tanner would be the starter being that Sanders is leaving, and Tanner is the next best option at this point. Who else would it be? Robert Kinvsland would be a redshirt freshman next year, and we all know how Kramer feels about freshman quarterbacks. I know there is the idea of an "at need" player we could bring in, but I feel that would be a bad idea. If you bring in a JUCO transfer then he would asumably be the QB for two years, then that would leave Tanner Gueller only a senior year, then Robert Kinvsland one senior year following Tanners senior year. Not too plausible, and not too smart if you want to keep guys around as back ups, or the next man up as one graduates. IMO.

Kramer announced after the game against Weber State that Gueller will be the starting QB and Sanders would be his backup QB. Have to think Kramer and Sanders had a face to face talk at the end of the season and the decision was made for Sanders to transfer.

Kramer announced after the game against Weber State that Gueller will be the starting QB and Sanders would be his backup QB. Have to think Kramer and Sanders had a face to face talk at the end of the season and the decision was made for Sanders to transfer.
That's right! I had forgotten all about that! You are probably right. But I would assume it was Sanders decision in the end, not wanting to be the back up for his senior year.... can't blame him. Most these kids just wanna play.

I would think Kramer is looking to build on Tanner. He has spoken very highly of Tanner even through his bad games. (Although Kramer has talked down about him too) but overall I think Kramer wants him to take it a run with it. Robert Kinvsland is a STRONG armed kid. He'll be a decent backup. I would like to see Trea Pilster as another back up and get more reps in practice as a QB. Honestly I think he had more downs a QB in the games then he did as a receiver. After all, he was recruited as a quarterback. Having him taking mostly reps as a QB gives us our 3rd QB. Then next year we recruit the QB that will play years down the road behind Robert Kinvsland.

Latest posts

Back