• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Quarterbacks

up for the challenge said:
Skippy said:
Sanders leaves program because he was forced out by Kramer. How many QB"s have we lost under Kramer? Answer - a bunch

No kid signs with a college to be a backup quarterback. Unless you're Ohio State, once it's clear a young man isn't going to play, he's gone.

And sometimes they are forced to leave the program because the head coach decided not to renew their scholarship
I heard differently. I heard that he is transferring under his own power and that he was still on scholarship for next year but he didn't want to play here anymore. Possibly more info to come in the next week or 2 I will keep everyone posted if I hear anything on the topic.

Kramer should have kept his mouth shut with the media about Sanders. I am sure their face to face did not go to well at the end of the season so Sanders told Kramer to pound sand. Kramer lost an experienced QB.

Kramer should have kept his mouth shut with the media about Sanders. I am sure their face to face did not go to well at the end of the season so Sanders told Kramer to pound sand. Kramer lost an experienced QB.

So much for forced out...

Sanders was forced out. No doubt. Why would a player want to play for a coach that continues to tear him apart in the media every week? I am sure Sanders told Kramer to pound sand aduring their face to face and that did not go well with Kramer.

cub - remember that the 3 people who post under (not) up for the challenges login don't always check/read each other posts... they can't be expected to know what the others said in an earlier post.... :rofl:

Kramer will need another transfer QB. He cannot afford to end up in the cellar again. I am glad Sanders is leaving - Kramer should have kept his mouth shut with the media as he was too critical of Sanders week In and week out. Good for Sanders to leave. He will be appreciated if he plays for another team

Kramer will need another transfer QB. He cannot afford to end up in the cellar again. I am glad Sanders is leaving - Kramer needs to keep his mouth shut with the media as he was too critical of Sanders week In and week out
I agree with you. He was way to critical of him. I think that is the main reason he left. I think he felt very disrespected.

Kramer is Kramer--we can like it or lump it. During Kramer's tenure--we have yet to see tons of kids leave the team because they got there feelings hurt. Until that starts to happen--fans are making something out of not so much.

I wish Sanders the best of luck.

I am NOT confident that Gueller can make the difference as some suggest. He really needs to develop confidence and touch on his passes. I also think it is imperative that if he is the anointed one that he gets the coaching that is needed to make him successful. I am not so sure that an inexperienced QB and an inexperienced OC are a winning combination.

I think Kramer should be looking for the best QB's that he can bring to the program. Drop down, JC and HS kids.

Please do not misread my message as stating that I am not for Gueller or Cross because that is not the case. I will pull for and root for both and I will be happy to eat crow...although I don't think it will come to that.

bengalcub said:
Kramer is Kramer--we can like it or lump it. During Kramer's tenure--we have yet to see tons of kids leave the team because they got there feelings hurt. Until that starts to happen--fans are making something out of not so much.

I wish Sanders the best of luck.

I am NOT confident that Gueller can make the difference as some suggest. He really needs to develop confidence and touch on his passes. I also think it is imperative that if he is the anointed one that he gets the coaching that is needed to make him successful. I am not so sure that an inexperienced QB and an inexperienced OC are a winning combination.

I think Kramer should be looking for the best QB's that he can bring to the program. Drop down, JC and HS kids.

Please do not misread my message as stating that I am not for Gueller or Cross because that is not the case. I will pull for and root for both and I will be happy to eat crow...although I don't think it will come to that.
I don't think it is about getting feelings hurt. Why would players want to play for a coach who constantly disrespects them when they can play in a better environment.

The fact is Kramer seems to be very hard on his QB's. He seems to struggle with keep them around. I mean look how many have left since he has been here kragthorpe, sessions, jewell, delacensarie, and now sanders. Granted some weren't Kramers fault like Kragthorpe but it seems that QB's struggle with confidence with Kramer coaching them. Players won't play well with no confidence and kramer is the king in taking confidence away from his QB's. I wish sanders the best of luck but I think we will be just fine with Gueller.

I am not saying they do or they don't...

What I am saying is that I don't see a mass exodus of kids leaving the program during the Kramer tenure. That would lead me to believe that most kids have thicker skins and don't take it to heart.

Maybe that changes this off season but it certainly hasn't happened in his first five years.

Bengalfanatic2014 said:
The fact is Kramer seems to be very hard on his QB's. He seems to struggle with keep them around. I mean look how many have left since he has been here kragthorpe, sessions, jewell, delacensarie, and now sanders. Granted some weren't Kramers fault like Kragthorpe but it seems that QB's struggle with confidence with Kramer coaching them. Players won't play well with no confidence and kramer is the king in taking confidence away from his QB's. I wish sanders the best of luck but I think we will be just fine with Gueller.

Kramer is a grump ass when he loses. He throws everyone under the bus. It shocks me and amazes me at times. But the truth is I don't see it as a lack of confidence, I see it more as kids that cannot handle the pressure or don't have the talent to play at this level. Arias and Yost faired pretty good considering the pressure from the Big Human.

What a waste for Sanders to go with Kramer. The kid comes out to Pocatello during the summer on his own dime and works out with some of the receivers and than is thrown into Fall Ball to learn the system as fast as possible than Kramer is critical of him every week to the media because he was not Justin Arias his first year. Good for Sanders to tell Kramer he would not be disrespected by him and go find yourself another QB

What a waste for Sanders to go with Kramer. The kid comes out to Pocatello during the summer on his own dime and works out with some of the receivers and than is thrown into Fall Ball to learn the system as fast as possible than Kramer is critical of him every week to the media because he was not Justin Arias his first year. Good for Sanders to tell Kramer he would not be disrespected by him and go find yourself another QB

Alex, what is how many different ways can you say the same thing in three consecutive posts?

I count three...reach for the sky big fella and go for four...

bengalcub said:
Bengalfanatic2014 said:

Kramer is a grump ass when he loses. He throws everyone under the bus. It shocks me and amazes me at times. But the truth is I don't see it as a lack of confidence, I see it more as kids that cannot handle the pressure or don't have the talent to play at this level. Arias and Yost faired pretty good considering the pressure from the Big Human.
If I recall sanders did pretty well in his first year compared to how arias did in his first year. Arias also had over 200 more attempts. So as much as people want to bash sanders, he did just as well as arias. Look for yourself.
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cfb/players.asp?id=208282" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cfb/players.asp?id=257465" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is true by the numbers. He did play well at times considering how late he came into the program. If healthy (by average) he would have threw for 2,500-2,600 yards with 25 TD's and 12 INTS.

1. Jordan West-EWU JR 10 230 - 356 - 8 64.6 3002 30 98 300.2
2. Case Cookus-NAU FR 11 222 - 322 - 5 68.9 3111 37 69 282.8
3. Ammon Olsen-SUU SR 12 291 - 489 - 8 59.5 3344 26 70 278.7
4. Dakota Prukop-MSU JR 11 216 - 344 - 10 62.8 3025 28 88 275.0
5. Michael Sanders-ISU JR 9 175 - 319 - 10 54.9 2131 21 60 236.8
6. Jacob Knipp-UNCO 10 157 - 265 - 10 59.2 1969 13 68 196.9
7. Jadrian Clark-WSU JR 11 160 - 314 - 11 51.0 1875 10 68 170.5
8. Alex Kuresa-PSU JR 12 123 - 226 - 7 54.4 1968 17 76 164.0
9. Keaton Studsrud-UND SO 9 99 - 165 - 3 60.0 1262 12 64 140.2
10. Tanner Gueller-ISU FR 10 92 - 172 - 8 53.5 855 5 30 85.5

Latest posts

Back