• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

should we talk U of W?...or go right to U C Davis?...

clawsout

..okay.....i'm hoping we go up to seattle...play well and don't get blown out....come back with our confidence and pride intact...AND NO INJURIES....AND a large check that clears...and then go to U C Davis and pick a huge road win....again with no injuries....to start Big Sky play...... :nod: .....anyone else's thoughts?.........

Washington has game notes online, and they include some Washington-Idaho State ties. They did fail to mention Johnny Nansen was an assistant here, and Kenyon Blue (Grad Ass't) played here...

WASHINGTON-IDAHO STATE TIES: There are several ways in which the UW and Idaho State players and coaches have crossed paths. Idaho State head coach Mike Kramer played at and graduated from Idaho, as did Husky offensive line coach Dan Cozzetto, though they just missed one another in terms of being teammates. UW linebackers coach Peter Sirmon and Bengals OLBs coach Spencer Toone were teammates for one season with the Tennessee Titans. Idaho State secondary coach Stanley Franks played at Idaho when UW running backs coach Johnny Nansen was a member of the coaching staff. While Washington’s current roster does not include any players from Idaho, the Bengals’ roster has 16 Washingtonians among its ranks. The only ISU player who attended a Washington high school with a current Husky is senior DB Tanner Davis, who attended Gig Harbor High, alma mater of Huskies Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Korey Durkee. While his hometown is listed as Los Angeles, ISU’s Jon Davidson attended Skyline High in Sammamish, Wash., which also produced current Huskies Weston Blackburn, Connor Cree and Kasen Williams. Other UW and ISU high school ties: UW’s Lavon Coleman and ISU’s Nikko Hayes (Lompoc), UW’s Kendyl Taylor and ISU’s Alex Burgoyne (Hamilton), Additionally, ISU senior Kimo Makaula begin his career at the UW before transferring.

Read more: GoHuskies.com: Dawgs Back At Husky Stadium To Face Bengals

I'm so excited for this game. I can't wait to see Seattle for the first time!

You guys recommend any bars, restaurants or other tourist activities while I'm there?

BengalsPotato74 said:

You guys recommend any bars, restaurants or other tourist activities while I'm there?

Go to Pike's Market down on the pier. Great food and fun. The Space Needle also has great museums and other things to see. It is a great town.

Ride the ferry to Bainbridge Island. It only takes about 30 minutes, and it's around $8 or so. It's a pretty view both going and coming. It's about an hour if you take the ferry from Seattle to Bremerton, but costs the same. Sometimes you're able to see some navy ships on that route. You are only charged departing from Seattle, so taking the ferry back from Bainbridge or Bremerton is free.

By the ferry terminal is some good touristy stuff. Ye Olde Curiosity Shop is fun, and there's a restaurant called the Crab Pot which my family has had a fun time at.

I'm in Florida for work, but I'm hoping the Pac 12 network is available at some sports bar here. Professional announcers, whoo hoo! LOL

For those coming to Seattle for the weekend, if you go to Pike Place Market, the best chowder is Pike Place Chowder found in Post Alley - just a hole-in-the-wall but great. Try the smoked salmon chowder - its the best! Also, if you like mac and cheese, go to Beechers- across the street from the market. Their grilled cheese is great too. They make cheese so... The Pink Door is over priced, Ettas is OK. Steelhead Diner is good but uppity. Go to Cutters if you want an excellent seafood dinner or lunch and watch the ferries go by - great view.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

Washington will show us little... on to UC Davis.

Boise was spanked in Seattle. Shoot... a 7-38 score would look great. ISU is a long way from EWU, a team that would have a legitimate shot of knocking off Washington.

Thanks guys! I'll try to hit up those events. Are the Mariners or Seahawks in town? I might check out my first professional game as well!

Move on to Davis. UW is a blood money game. It is a exhibition game that means nothing. ISU needs to get in have fun play safe take the money and head to California. My wife and I are going to the UC Davis game and hopefully ISU ends the road losing streak.

spudbowl said:
Go to Pike's Market down on the pier. Great food and fun. The Space Needle also has great museums and other things to see. It is a great town.

I'll also recommend "Catching" a glimpse of the salmon tossers at Pike's Market Place market. Just don't get in their way, ha!

Be sure to check out the Space Needle next to the Seattle Coliseum. Great views of Puget Straight and the Olympus Mountains (if it's clear).

If you have extra time, take a day trip to Everett or Federal Way.

Reviewing the schedule and it is critical for ISU to beat Davis. The If ISU can win on the road the Bengals could have the momentum to beat NDU at homecoming. If ISU does this ISU should beat UNC that makes ISU 5-1 at mid season. So no matter what ISU has to play lights out and beat UC-Davis.

BengalsPotato74 said:
I actually have extra time. What sites should I see at Federal Way? How far is Federal Way?

Don't miss the Federal Way clock tower, super neat and unique.

After taking in the sights, take a break and pick up a great steak at Outback Steakhouse:

2210 South 320th Street,
#A-6
Federal Way WA 98003

If you haven't had a Bloomin' onion, do yourself a favor and get one!

Federal way is 40 mins south on the 5.

Enjoy and go Bengals!

BengalBelieber said:
If you have extra time, take a day trip to Everett or Federal Way.

Sven?

Federal Way isn't special. It is a mediocre suburb with a subpar mall. Bellevue is the upscale suburb with shopping, dining. The only thing worth checking out in Everett is the Boeing airplane assembly facility.

BengalsPotato74 said:

This thread from a Texas Longhorns site has a lot of the good restaurants covered: http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/127358-Seattle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pike Place Market is worth the visit. If you are into music, check out the Experience Music Project at the Seattle Center. If you are into airplanes, check out the Museum of Flight south of Seattle or the Boeing plant in Everett where they assemble 747s in the world's largest building.

The Ballard Locks are a decent attractions too. Salmon should be running through this time of year. Many of the crab boats from TV's Deadliest Catch go through the locks to their home port at Seattle's Fisherman's Terminal.

I love Deadliest catch. Do any of the guys drink at the local bars? I would love to hang out with one of them?

Also do the Mariners or Seahawks play this weekend? Maybe I'll go check out a game as well.

Federal Way sounds very nice but probably too expensive city for my budget.

I recommend the A&W in Kent, near Meeker. Beautiful city, fun, and romantic. My highschool gf lost her v-card in that A&W parking lot.

JasonBourne said:
I recommend the A&W in Kent, near Meeker. Beautiful city, fun, and romantic. My highschool gf lost her v-card in that A&W parking lot.

Now I know you are being sarkastic on that one. I've never heard one good thing about Kent.

Latest posts

Back