• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Athletic Facilities

Last requirement of the 5 requirements is 15,000+ for each of the rest of the home games.
FUCD should be doable, but the others?

Not likely. There’s just not enough cachet with the incoming opponents, even when this team is really winning. UCD is likely the only exception.

In the past 2 seasons Hornet home games have more or less averaged “around” 12K.

The instances of eclipsing 15K were against Montana, Montana State, Idaho and UCD (which was over 23K). So only 4 of 12 home games. Even the home playoff games against Richmond and IW didn’t come close to 15K.

Part of that was weather (for at least one game) and another is unfamiliarity with the FCS opponents.

Color me silly, but the turnout for the likes of Cal, Stanford, ASU (yes, I know they aren’t Pac12 anymore) would be drastically higher than for Richmond, Incarnate Word, and the vast majority of the Big Sky. Familiarity matters. A lot.

The renderings are conceptual, so pretty sure it will change a bit. Definitely must keep the canopy.

Also hope the initial build is for 35k+ seats. Cheaper. Might not fill it now and there are maintenance costs involved, but expanding/renovating it later can cost as much as a full build.

Correct me if I'm wrong SD
Agree… that’s why we have time between now and end of season to secure an FBS invitation and then know what our conference revenue would be along with estimating who would be close enough programs to travel to our games? FSU / PAC or SJSU & RENO if MWC.

FUCD grad?
I messaged her privately and asked What are you doing?

Your comments are suggesting and encouraging the community to complain about traffic etc?

She said they had some people voice concerns?

I said obviously you won’t get 30K students to agree 100%. Don’t stir the 2% complainers to create a news story for yourself.

She said her boss said she needed to look into those complaints for validity? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I messaged her privately and asked What are you doing?

Your comments are suggesting and encouraging the community to complain about traffic etc?

She said they had some people voice concerns?

I said obviously you won’t get 30K students to agree 100%. Don’t stir the 2% complainers to create a news story for yourself.

She said her boss said she needed to look into those complaints for validity? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Why not talk to the other 98% who want it? Who would complain, the area is zoned as industrial/commercial around the stadium. Residential area North around J Street wouldnt be effected, or not anymore as 30,000 students attending daily classes.

Glad they gave early exclusive renderings to CBS and not KCRA.

The renderings are conceptual, so pretty sure it will change a bit. Definitely must keep the canopy.

Also hope the initial build is for 35k+ seats. Cheaper. Might not fill it now and there are maintenance costs involved, but expanding/renovating it later can cost as much as a full build.

Correct me if I'm wrong SD
I don't see the Pac accepting a 25k seat stadium in their conference. As Kadeezy said, President Wood has always stated that it will be "at least 25k" so I think the first phase will hit the 25k mark. If we get a Pac invite I would think capacity gets bumped up to the 35k range during construction.

From the renderings, it does look like it will be an earthen bowl. It also looks like the north end is fully enclosed with the south end being open, possibly to accommodate a Broad expansion.

Latest posts

Back