• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

so...

FormerISUSID - thanks for the clarifications. I guess we can only recruit high school players in the future based on the ISU APR Recovery Plan. Coach Kramers cannot go after JUCO players even if he wanted to which is too bad as I am sure he has some good contacts with JUCO programs.

up for the challenge said:
FormerISUSID - thanks for the clarifications. I guess we can only recruit high school players in the future based on the ISU APR Recovery Plan.

I had NO IDEA... :ohno:

Is this plan in Public Records anywhere? I only ask is I would love to see it. Also have you seen it Frank? Or are you going off of what you think it says or what someone has told you it says? I just can't believe ISU couldn't recruit a Juco with a solid ACT/SAT and a lets say 3.5 Juco GPA with 65 transferable hours. Does the report say "ISU will not sign Junior College Players"? Those kids I would think would be less risk than a HS kid with a 3.0 HS GPA. HS have 8 semesters (12 if you count summer school) to fail. JUCO kid only would have 4/6.

My understanding is this:

1. Junior College players must either graduate from JC or they have to have been an NCAA "qualifier" out of high school (that's an NCAA rule, not ISU).
2. JC players must have a 2.75 JC GPA to get in to ISU, but the 2.75 is only in their "core" classes (throw out the PE credits and fluff that you get a lot of at JC). The NCAA, I believe, requires a 2.5 cumulative JC GPA including all courses, that's where it's harder for ISU. It's a lot easier to have a 2.5 with 12 PE credits of A's.
3. I think that's it. Coach Evans has the same recruiting guidelines as Coach Kramer and he recruited all JC's in his first class. So my guess is it's a decision the football coaches have made.

Thanks Bengalman. I guess that was kind of my point. Is this a ISU can't do it issue or Football won't (or maybe can't) do it issue.

Latest posts

Back