• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

UNLV game

psk584

It's week 4 for the Bengals and on to UNLV. A team that is licking their chops to get a win after 3 tough opening games. I think we have a chance in this game but we are still playing a bigger school with more scholarships. What is everyone thoughts on this weeks game? I know offensively the have some pretty good talent at WR and the QB is pretty decent. There defense looks improved compared to last years squad.

They had a 2 touchdown lead on the road against Northern Illinois earlier in the season, before losing 38-30. The same Northern Illinois squad which game superfan's Buckeyes all they could handle this past weekend. I'd like to see our offense improve, move the ball, and stay within 2-3 scores. Continued improvement/experience.

Is there a reason why we do not run the ball more since we have an all-star OL and an all-star running back? Maybe, we are a running team more so than a passing team this season since our QB's are still inexperienced at BSC play. I do not know but I thought I would ask the question.

up for the challenge said:
Is there a reason why we do not run the ball more since we have an all-star OL and an all-star running back? Maybe, we are a running team more so than a passing team this season since our QB's are still inexperienced at BSC play. I do not know but I thought I would ask the question.

Pure speculation on my part, but here are three possible reasons:

--The downfield passing game is missing in action (last year ISU averaged 7.8 yards per pass attempt; this year, it's down significantly to 6.1). That allows defenses to fill the box to stop the run, hence:
--The average gain per rush is down significantly this year (4.0 yards per carry, vs. 5.6 last year); and:
--ISU has been trailing for the last 7.5 quarters, thus the need to throw the football more.

[
Pure speculation on my part, but here are three possible reasons:

--The downfield passing game is missing in action (last year ISU averaged 7.8 yards per pass attempt; this year, it's down significantly to 6.1). That allows defenses to fill the box to stop the run, hence:
--The average gain per rush is down significantly this year (4.0 yards per carry, vs. 5.6 last year); and:
--ISU has been trailing for the last 7.5 quarters, thus the need to throw the football more.[/quote]

Skippy,
you hit the nail on the head. I saw vs. Portland there two deep safety look got closer and closer to the line after the first drive. the LB were on top of the line and we were unable to run much. and at BSU well it was what is was.

I heard this is the live stream video for the game. Make sure you tune in to our own VOTB also! ;)

http://campusinsiders.com/live" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ISU will definitely play UNLV a lot tougher than we did Boise. BSU has a Sagarin rating of 80.36, good for 31st in the country, whereas UNLV's rating is 55.33 -- good for 130th in the country. Four Big Sky teams have a better rating than the Rebels do -- PSU, Montana, MSU and EWU.

Right now our rating is at 40.81, good for #193 out of 253 Division 1 teams in the country. But I really think we have the potential to be a lot better team than that, we've just got to get the QB and special teams problems worked out. If Sheldon Cross knows much about developing QB's, then he'd better get Sanders developed and let's get this offense rolling again.

Also, it's no disgrace losing to a good team like BSU, as a decent NAU team just got destroyed by Arizona 77-13, which goes to show the disparity between Big Sky teams and very good FBS teams.

Ok sanders needs to be pulled! He can't throw he telegrams the pass every time.

The kick game stop just kick it out go for it every time on 4th.

The game is tough to watch so far. Blocked field goal, interception, long runs, 28 points all by UNLV. And there is still 1:45 in the first quarter. Hoping ISU can pick it up and make some good adjustments soon.

Sanders locks on and makes it easy for the defenders.

Special teams are a disaster.

Agree with bio, UNLV doesn't look that much better, we just seem like we have given up already.

Couldn't agree more Sanders looks horrible. Who are we kidding the whole team looks horrible all together.
This is nowhere near the team we thought we had this year. We will be lucky to win another game the way we look tonight. Play calling is awful once again no run game they didn't even try to establish it. Special teams is the worst ever Kramer needs to fire himself as the special teams coach.

psk584 said:
Couldn't agree more Sanders looks horrible. Who are we kidding the whole team looks horrible all together.
This is nowhere near the team we thought we had this year. We will be lucky to win another game the way we look tonight. Play calling is awful once again no run game they didn't even try to establish it. Special teams is the worst ever Kramer needs to fire himself as the special teams coach.

This.

psk584 said:
We look like we have completely given up.

Well, who can blame them. They are not being put in position to win.

ISU fans have given up too.

Do we miss two guys, Bailey and Arias, that much.

Latest posts

Back